Account Limited as Retribution by PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-15-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Account Limited as Retribution by PayPal

I have been having issues with PayPal's lack of customer service which isn't anything new. However, I was trying make a purchase on eBay yesterday and when I logged into my PayPal account I was asked to add a phone number. This seemed very odd since they usually just show me my number that I have linked to my account and send me a code by text for verification. However, this time was different.

I reached out to PayPal via message for assistance and never received any which really angered me. Maybe my next move was a bit extreme, but I have grown tired of the way PayPal treats users. I found easily found the email address for PayPal's CEO and sent him a nice email. Well, it did not take PayPal long to permanently limit my account citing it posed a "risk".

I only use my account to make purchases on eBay. All of my info including my debit cards and bank accounts are fully verified. I have never filed a dispute or a claim. And I am certain that I have not violated their User Agreement. The only thing that I can think of that would have triggered PayPal to limit my account was retribution for reaching out directly to their CEO.

I have emailed PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations in the hopes that they will review my account more thoroughly and possibly reinstate my account. What compounds the issue is that I had $1500 in my account when they limited it.

Does anybody have any other suggestions as to what I can do, if anything, at this point?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2021

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Account Limited as Retribution by PayPal

Do you still have access to your account? If everything is above board then getting your monies back shouldn't be an issue but they're entitled to close your account so you might want to start thinking ahead on that one?

Just being nosey, but why would a buyer keep that kind of money in a paypal account? I can't wait to get it out never mind willingly adding it.
Old 01-16-2021
Threadstarter  

Fair question. I didn’t have any money in my account until last Thursday when I added $200 at Walmart via the PayPal app and I also bought a prepaid PayPal MasterCard loaded with $100. On properly activated and registered the card then added it to my PayPal account. The $1,000 was still on hold because PayPal had not yet released the funds from the sale I made.

I have been using eBay gift cards to avoid going through PayPal altogether. It worked 99.9% of the time. However, in two recent occasions, I was promoted to go through PayPal to complete the transaction. The first time I received a prompt from PayPal to add a new card to my account despite already having two debit cards linked and confirmed. This is why I got the prepaid card and linked it. I figured that would do the trick to fix that issue.

However, when I tried again to use the eBag gift card going through PayPal, I was prompted to add a new phone number rather than simply verify with a text the number already in the account. But none of the numbers I tried to enter were being accepted. When I reached out by message to customer service I received no response. Then I woke up yesterday to find my account limited.
Old 01-16-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Do you still have access to your account? If everything is above board then getting your monies back shouldn't be an issue but they're entitled to close your account so you might want to start thinking ahead on that one?

Just being nosey, but why would a buyer keep that kind of money in a paypal account? I can't wait to get it out never mind willingly adding it.
Yes, I can still log into my account but that’s all I can do.
Old 01-16-2021

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

you said you use your Paypal account to buy,and yet you said some of that money comes from a sale,so you are buying and selling with that Paypal account.
Time is tough ,very tough these days,there are cases where the gift cards are bought with stolen cc ,and the buyer loves the discount and bought the cards,when the cc owner files chargeback with his cc issuer,whoever accepts your cards will take the loss.
so try to link with your own bank account or credit/bankdebit card instead.
you should be able to get your fund after 180 days,dont waste your time to write to CEO,he wont read it,his assistants are drowning with too many emails.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-18-2021)