Withdrawal of money from limited paypal (Very Important Question) - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

OMG, to me it looks like you may be under age and that's why you did not withdraw the money out for 3 years? I'd be more worried what your mom is going to do to you once she finds out. 180 day and 45 day limitations is not the same thing... so which one is it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

You guys dont get it, am I so unclear? I reckon that english is my third language but still...

1. Im not underage at all
2. I never said I was using my moms info, I just asked if I should take my moms info to do a new paypal account
3. I got the ebay stealth guide and Im reading it right now, just realized that using my moms info wont change anything... but still wondering if I voluntarily change some letters and number in the address and postal code would paypal still be able to link the accounts?
4. There is a 5000$ reserve since 6 months now, it didnt get lifted after my account went in permanent limitation, Im not even sure when its gonna be lifted. On the email I received with the reserve notification, it said that i need to close my account to be able to use my reserve, but how am i suppose to close it if its limited lol? I dont suspect anyone to answer that question because clearly no one has any reserve on his paypal here since you need a big balance for that to appear.
5. Yes the limitation is for 180 days, but after talking to paypal, the paypal employee told me that she'll leave a note on my account and that if i call back in 45 days, paypal should let me withdraw my money before the 180 days marks since I have no open issues, I have a huge balance and already a reserve amount.
6. My account has nothing to do with ebay whatsoever, all money was made off-ebay.
7. The reason why I didnt withdraw my money quickly is because most of it was made during the last year and all of it is in USD. As you may know, the USD is very bad right now and CAD is strong. Not a good idea to trade, this is why I was waiting for the USD to go stronger, but I'm realizing that I shouldn't...

Last edited by anyways; 10-28-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

My apology for not getting it.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

7 posts to get a clear definition and you think we have problems. ffs, this should have been your first post.
Reserves are new I agree. I agree 'we' might not make a comment about their being held as most here that have reserves don't have the same account limited.
Very new territory.
Right at 05:33am GMT (UK time) I think that monies held in reserve on a permanently limited account will be included in the total release amount. I know you said you have spoken to paypal. My recommendation is call back, eith speak to that last consultant or get a supervisot . Ask them what is happening with this reserve figure...
Old 10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyways View Post
For the poster above me: What I am selling is not illegal and eventhough it was it would be really hard to figure it out because on paypal, people are paying for "your order # XXX", so you've got no info on the product people are buying. Also Im selling on my website, nothing related to ebay there. Only problem is that everything is digital, so Im extremely vulnerable to chargebacks and dispute (I refund them all, I have no choice anyway). And it took me almost 3 years to get that much, so no its not a short period.

---

Ok i contacted them for the fifth time now and finally they accepted to release my funds after 45 days, would that still mean that i need to withdraw all at once (except for the $5,000 reserve)?

Also what is the best way to go to open a new account and restart my business? If i change my ip, delete my cookies/cache and start a brand new one under my mom name/bank/cc, would that be enough for them not to link the account?

i recommend you buy the ebay stealth guide for 37 bucks..

no clue what you mean about " 5000 reserve"

they will not allow you to take a little a time..
once an account is permanently limited, then after the time they say you can withdraw money, its the whole thing,

therefore as i stated before, choose a check, and use that check to fund an investment account like scottrade, etrade, make a few trades in and out then take out the money from there a little at a time..

now, if what you were selling is 100 percent legal, my best advice is try to appeal to pay pal to reinstate your account...

if you do not mind proving to them it was all legit, then PROVE IT TO THEM!!
Old 10-29-2009
Vicvelcro

Aside from the information we have already conveyed, and the suggestion to get the Stealth Book, I have a strong suspicion that this person lacks the capacity for comprehending anything else we might contribute and also lacks the courtesy to appreciate the effort we've made.

My response to the statement below: Yes, we get it. Yes you are so unclear. And you are rude.

Have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyways View Post
You guys dont get it, am I so unclear?
Old 10-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Not sure how things are in Canada but in the US if you deposit any amount over $10,000 USD the bank is legally obligated to report it to the IRS. Same goes for investing the money in a trading account.

As long as you declare it on your taxes you should be fine depositing a large check. However, I would keep sales receipt records of the money just in case you get audited. If we're really talking about a six figure number that will definitely get some attention IMO.

Also, I know a Nigerian prince that can probably help you out. LMK if you want me to hook you guys up.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 10-29-2009

On one of the accounts that I started before I became "Stealth" aware, for no reason (other than they were able to link it readily to my other accounts) they threw me off of ebay/paypal and limited the account for 180 days. Whatever letter they sent to the buyers inspired them to scam me and put in fatuous claims for non delivery (tracking via usps shows it was delivered and with signature confirmation); claims that they "sent it back" for a full refund for which I got an empty envelope and various other petty ante claims. The end result was that the $600 I had in the account (because of holding for 21 days or feedback) has slowly eroded to about $40. I tried calling paypal and telling them about this injustice (including using their OWN ONLINE TRACKING) and I was told (to paraphrase)....TOUGH LUCK.
Old 10-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfilthy View Post
i recommend you buy the ebay stealth guide for 37 bucks..

no clue what you mean about " 5000 reserve"

they will not allow you to take a little a time..
once an account is permanently limited, then after the time they say you can withdraw money, its the whole thing,

therefore as i stated before, choose a check, and use that check to fund an investment account like scottrade, etrade, make a few trades in and out then take out the money from there a little at a time..

now, if what you were selling is 100 percent legal, my best advice is try to appeal to pay pal to reinstate your account...

if you do not mind proving to them it was all legit, then PROVE IT TO THEM!!
I tried everything, but the account is permanently limited, and it seems you can't reverse that :(
Old 10-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by inverser View Post
Not sure how things are in Canada but in the US if you deposit any amount over $10,000 USD the bank is legally obligated to report it to the IRS. Same goes for investing the money in a trading account.

As long as you declare it on your taxes you should be fine depositing a large check. However, I would keep sales receipt records of the money just in case you get audited. If we're really talking about a six figure number that will definitely get some attention IMO.

Also, I know a Nigerian prince that can probably help you out. LMK if you want me to hook you guys up.
I think that only applies to cash and not check, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

In a reply to you I recommended that you take legal advise on this matter. It is beyond the duty of the forum to tell you financial facts. This extract below is from the pertinent law in Canada. It defines 'money'

"funds" means cash, currency or securities, or negotiable instruments or other financial instruments, in any form, that indicate a person's or an entity's title or interest in them. (fonds)

Given the seriousness of your situation, & despite the fact I should as Admin be more impartial, I feel you are being selective in taking advise & giving info. We may be at the end of answers unless you can prove otherwise.
Old 10-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
In a reply to you I recommended that you take legal advise on this matter. It is beyond the duty of the forum to tell you financial facts. This extract below is from the pertinent law in Canada. It defines 'money'

"funds" means cash, currency or securities, or negotiable instruments or other financial instruments, in any form, that indicate a person's or an entity's title or interest in them. (fonds)

Given the seriousness of your situation, & despite the fact I should as Admin be more impartial, I feel you are being selective in taking advise & giving info. We may be at the end of answers unless you can prove otherwise.
yo, in your ebay stealth guide, you say that if I have a dsl connection with dynamic ip (which I do), i should take note of all the IPs im using not to use them twice on 2 different paypal account so they dont get linked... but I mean if my ip is dynamic and changes almost every hour, there is a big chance that ive used a wide range of IPs from my isp on that limited paypal account of mine... what happens if i log in now on my stealth paypal account with the same ip ive logged on my limited paypal lets say 5 months ago... how would I know? will the accounts get linked together?... And what happens if another random person whos also having the same isp, happens to log in his paypal account with the same ip i logged on my limited paypal account lets say a week ago, will he get limited as well
Old 10-30-2009

I had an acct limited permanently with appeal denied about 1 year ago. 6 months later I did multiple withdrawals no problems. I don't think you can make just 1 withdrawal, but once the balance is 0.00 the account will be locked forever.
Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
They will only let you withdraw all at once, one time withdrawal because this account is "caput" and they don't want to do any more business with you......
I'm surprised to read this from somebody with over 1,100 posts in this forum. You're able to withdraw as much or as little as you want, as many times as you want, until the balance is all withdrawn. There's no "1 transfer" limit.

I've had about $1000 in a permanently limited account and withdrawn it in 5 transfers of $200 each. Another account had $100 which I withdrew in 2 transfers of $50 each.

Only when the balance hits $0, your account will be locked for good.
Old 10-31-2009
Vicvelcro

This is interesting. You are the second person I have seen that made the same statement. That statement is in direct contradiction to what I had known to be true. There must be an explanation.

Just over one year ago, I personally assisted somebody in person with the transfer of their 180 day money. The full balance removal was required. The choice was BANK or CHECK. The amount was not optional. The user was geographically in the United States and logged into the U.S. Paypal site cleaning out a U.S. registered Paypal account which was not limited, but severed.

When you say permanently limited, I have no idea what you mean. I have seen limits that can be fixed. And I have seen the permanent 180 day goodbye. The goodbye has never been called a permanent limit, to my knowledge. Is there such a thing as a permanent limit? Are there now 3 possible statuses for PP accts? Limited/PermLimited/180GTFO?

So, what are the true circumstances? Has something changed? Does the 1 time withdrawal apply in one geographic region but not another? Is a permanent limitation NOT the same as the 180 day GTFO?
Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^When did this happen, in the past 3 months or before that? You've hardly been on the forum so can you be sure your comment is accurate?

My comment is addressed to imjustme. I am also interested to know which country's paypal is being used.
Old 10-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Wow thanks imjustme and j08 for your experience, but as powerpufgrl asked, when did this happen?
I really feel better now. Imo you have to withdraw all at once if you choose a check but I dont see any point preventing someone to withdraw the amount bit by bit to different banking accounts and I just figured out yesterday I could also use my ing direct account to withdraw, so that makes everything even better.
Please if someone else have experience with 180 days limited account, please share it here.

For powerpufgrl, here is the paypal email with the permanent limitation

Quote:
Dear xxxx ,

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your
account in a permanent limitation status is final.

PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be
involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a
dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your
PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal
balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any
other legal means.

Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds
reversals, your balance will be held 180 days from the date the limitation
was originally placed on your account. At that time, any remaining funds
will be available for withdrawal.

Sincerely,
Nigel
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright Š 1999-2009 PayPal. All rights reserved
Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

My accounts were completely toast. The standard 180 days email, remove our logos from your website and auctions, you're too much risk to do business and we'd like to start parting ways with you. One account even had 'appeal denied'. All accounts let me do at least 2 withdrawals, one account even 5 withdrawals. I'm sure I could have made more if I wanted. After the balance hit $0, I couldn't login anymore, it just showed (and still does, as of 1 minute ago) a yellow box with an error message saying the account is permanently closed. That happened exactly as I withdrew the balance down to $0.

I checked and on one account this happened on May 2008, the other in June 2009. I have another 2 that I can't remember the passwords to anymore, but they were also around December 2008. The withdrawal dates after the 180 days were up, that is.

You guys that are saying you have to withdraw all or nothing, does PayPal give you a choice to enter the amount you want to withdraw? Or not? It did for me, so I entered $200 or $50 and it worked until it was all gone.

Last edited by imjustme; 10-31-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
My accounts were completely toast. The standard 180 days email, remove our logos from your website and auctions, you're too much risk to do business and we'd like to start parting ways with you. One account even had 'appeal denied'. All accounts let me do at least 2 withdrawals, one account even 5 withdrawals. I'm sure I could have made more if I wanted. After the balance hit $0, I couldn't login anymore, it just showed (and still does, as of 1 minute ago) a yellow box with an error message saying the account is permanently closed. That happened exactly as I withdrew the balance down to $0.

I checked and on one account this happened on May 2008, the other in June 2009. I have another 2 that I can't remember the passwords to anymore, but they were also around December 2008. The withdrawal dates after the 180 days were up, that is.

You guys that are saying you have to withdraw all or nothing, does PayPal give you a choice to enter the amount you want to withdraw? Or not? It did for me, so I entered $200 or $50 and it worked until it was all gone.
Thanks for sharing
Old 10-31-2009
Vicvelcro

That is definitely not what we saw. No option for amount. Only choice was BANK or CHECK. Unable to remove the bank acct and/or enter a new one. There was text in a pink box which warned that the withdrawal would be a one time only event and that the accountholder should make certain that all was in order before proceeding.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Lyda (10-31-2009)
Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Same as for some that I have dealt with: I agree that in 2008, it was possible to handle reclaiming your funds as you said, ijm. I am not aware of that happening since late January 2009.
Old 10-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Unable to add/remove a bank account? So if the bank account is outdated, how do you add a new one?
Closed Thread