Maximum amount to receive on a fresh biz paypal before getting asked for docs ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-10-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default Maximum amount to receive on a fresh biz paypal before getting asked for docs ?

Hi guys,

So I created a stealth PP a few weeks ago and due to a few factors not worth going over (I did not geolocate and used different isps in same country, etc) my business stealth PP got Pre limited just after 2 small payments of $30USD .

In order to understand if what I want to accomplish is doable, I want to know how much (generally) a business paypal with just added VCC or VBA can usually receive in express checkout payments before getting asked for documentation .

My paypal did not get limited but it did get a pre limitation preventing any withdrawal / purchase, so it can basically only receive funds until I send proof of suppliers, id, etc .

From my experience, a few years ago you could send about $250 before getting asked for any docs or getting limited , is this still the case ?

Thx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Maximum amount to receive on a fresh biz paypal before getting asked for docs ?

You can run waaaaay more than that through a Paypal without having docs requested if you do it right. Not selling digitial or other risky items, sending orders with tracking, building up sales volume over time, etc.. are all things that help keep a PP going indefinitely.

There isn't a set point where they ask you for docs. You're just triggering those requests with your selling activity.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
mdgel (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Maximum amount to receive on a fresh biz paypal before getting asked for docs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You can run waaaaay more than that through a Paypal without having docs requested if you do it right. Not selling digitial or other risky items, sending orders with tracking, building up sales volume over time, etc.. are all things that help keep a PP going indefinitely.

There isn't a set point where they ask you for docs. You're just triggering those requests with your selling activity.
Thanks for the heads up ! Tracking is impossible in this case, I am using a hosting dummy website (I think it's a pretty convincing one and looks as a legit company) so I'm not sure if that holds well or not. I offer social media services so it's a digital asset, but redirecting my sales through the hosting website .

Perhaps my last stealth got limited mostly for hiding the referrer , a few years ago it would work well for a while but a lot has changed since that time .

So that's 2 big red flags for my last account, empty referrer and not being careful about ip consistency .

Let's see this time I guess, will be careful to geolocate and now that I have a convincing frontend website maybe it will go better
Old 06-10-2021

In 2015 my account was limited after it reached $2000 and I had to send all the docs. It got released very quickly in 48 hours. Those were good days.
Old 06-10-2021
Threadstarter  

SO new update, my new account got instantly pre limited and asked for transaction details after I received my first payment in the amount of $89 USD (maximum I accept w paypal), wtf ??

I made the account from a Residential IP (Latvia Paypal), logged in only once to setup API credentials, used a portable browser with ANTIDETECT , made sure time matched my browser timezone .

The frontend website looks pretty trustworthy so honestly don't know what else I can do .

This is starting to get ridiculous, there can't possibly be any red flags on the account except for the fact that it was made 1 day ago and it was the first payment, but damn, just like that ?

Maybe time to move to stripe and forget about PP ...
Old 06-10-2021

Stripe (in my experience) is way more strict than PayPal, but I may have just been lucky with PP.
Old 06-10-2021
Threadstarter  

I dont think stripe limits you that easily for receiving one payment ? Besides, you need to provide company docs in advance and all that to get approved so that should help .

Is there even a way to use a fresh paypal for express checkout payments ? Just seems like if its a new account getting payments with express checkout they will ask docs everytime .
Old 06-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Maybe try working on your account aging strategy?
$90 on the 2nd day on a stealth account, presumably selling something risky-ish, is ridiculous.

It's like you got what you asked for.. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
PepsiCoin (06-11-2021)
Old 06-12-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Here is one thing Paypal frowns on -
The frontend website looks pretty trustworthy so honestly don't know what else I can do .
too many loopholes ,!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2021

Yeah, the front end being trustworthy has little to do with the way PayPal review websites. Country, products, habits, IP address are more likely to cause issues than the actual website.

Be careful using VPNs. They know the IP address ranges for the most popular ones and they will limit you for it.

Last edited by Depressed and Desperate; 06-12-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-13-2021

Longevity: 17%

maybe they can identify from https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/ , the type of platform you are using,and flag as high risk the most common such as shopify (dropshipping=high risk), Bulletin Boards (newsgroup=high risk) , etc...
Old 06-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtorgr View Post
maybe they can identify from https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/ , the type of platform you are using,and flag as high risk the most common such as shopify (dropshipping=high risk), Bulletin Boards (newsgroup=high risk) , etc...
**Warning paypal link** disclaimer needed.
Old 06-14-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
**Warning paypal link** disclaimer needed.
I can't edit it
Old 06-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Maybe try working on your account aging strategy?
$90 on the 2nd day on a stealth account, presumably selling something risky-ish, is ridiculous.

It's like you got what you asked for.. :/
I don't have time for this , if I have to age every paypal account I use I prefer to just stop using it all together ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depressed and Desperate View Post
Yeah, the front end being trustworthy has little to do with the way PayPal review websites. Country, products, habits, IP address are more likely to cause issues than the actual website.

Be careful using VPNs. They know the IP address ranges for the most popular ones and they will limit you for it.
I obviously don't use VPNs, just residential ips .

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtorgr View Post
well, in this case I am just using a hosting website so not much to identify about the platform I think .
I am however using the old NVP Api (deprecated) , maybe that's a red flag for them .