paypal limited - over 180 days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-07-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default paypal limited - over 180 days

Hello

So I know I screwed up, I received £200 on a newly created paypal account. Paypal asked for ID, I provided creative docs about 7 months ago, and I think they accepted it. Its been 7 months now and I still haven't received an email from paypal saying my money will be released. Also, I never had any cards or banks attached to the paypal, I tried adding one now but it says I can't because of accounts problems. If they release my money, would I then be able to add a bank account to withdraw to? In the resolution centre theres this message:

"We noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement, and therefore we can no longer offer you Paypal services.

Any bank account or credit card details attached to your PayPal account can't be removed nor can they be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll send you an email with instructions on how to transfer your money."

I used to use Paypal years ago but gave up due to limitations so I'm not sure if they will really release my money as its been over 180 days already and it's not letting me add a new bank account. I have been reading on this forum that paypal can keep your money if you violated AUP, I am not sure if this message if related to AUP? I would appreciate it if you guys with experience could tell me if I will get my money back and if I can add a bank account.

Many thanks guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2022

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: paypal limited - over 180 days

I wouldn't be adding a bank account that doesn't match the creative docs so I'm guessing you're a bit stuck.

IMO they've seen through your phake docs and have no intention of releasing your monies, you're simply being afforded bot driven procedural lip service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
devilslettuce (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I wouldn't be adding a bank account that doesn't match the creative docs so I'm guessing you're a bit stuck.

IMO they've seen through your phake docs and have no intention of releasing your monies, you're simply being afforded bot driven procedural lip service.

Thanks for the reply. But I uploaded the docs about 7 months ago, so surely I could have closed the bank account on the docs by now?

Also, they asked for documents, I uploaded them a week or so after they asked, and my account was back to normal, so they actually approved my docs. Then about 1 month after that I tried sending the money and noticed my account was limited. And in the message it says they will tell me after 180 days how to withdraw money and they will release it, unless they say that to everyone. I hope what I just said changes things. Just hope I get the money. Thanks
Old 07-07-2022
Threadstarter  

So this is what happened.

I created an account and received £200, then PayPal asked for docs. 1 week later I submitted the docs, and my account was back to normal. Then about 1 month after all of that, I tried sending the money to someone, and found out my account was limited, I didn't even get an email about it. Advice would be appreciated, I have tried explaining the whole situation. Thanks
Old 07-08-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilslettuce View Post
Thanks for the reply. But I uploaded the docs about 7 months ago, so surely I could have closed the bank account on the docs by now?

Also, they asked for documents, I uploaded them a week or so after they asked, and my account was back to normal, so they actually approved my docs. Then about 1 month after that I tried sending the money and noticed my account was limited. And in the message it says they will tell me after 180 days how to withdraw money and they will release it, unless they say that to everyone. I hope what I just said changes things. Just hope I get the money. Thanks
My point is you uploaded counterfeit docs for whatever reason. The name on any bank account you add will need to mach these bogus docs.

Does your real name match the paypal account name?

Anyway, IMO the money will never be released, don't waste too much time and certainly no money chasing it.
Old 07-08-2022

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

It's £200 thankfully and not in the thousands like quite a lot of sellers that post here.

Don't lose your sleep over it and move on.
Old 07-08-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP, have you tried to ring them up and discuss?
Old 07-08-2022

Longevity: 42%

The name on a bank account may be different than the one on your PP. Just give PP a call. Also make sure you have access to the phone number on your PP in case support asks for verification by sending a code.
Old 07-08-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilslettuce View Post
Hello

So I know I screwed up, I received £200 on a newly created paypal account. Paypal asked for ID, I provided creative docs about 7 months ago, and I think they accepted it. Its been 7 months now and I still haven't received an email from paypal saying my money will be released. Also, I never had any cards or banks attached to the paypal, I tried adding one now but it says I can't because of accounts problems. If they release my money, would I then be able to add a bank account to withdraw to? In the resolution centre theres this message:

"We noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement, and therefore we can no longer offer you Paypal services.

Any bank account or credit card details attached to your PayPal account can't be removed nor can they be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll send you an email with instructions on how to transfer your money."

I used to use Paypal years ago but gave up due to limitations so I'm not sure if they will really release my money as its been over 180 days already and it's not letting me add a new bank account. I have been reading on this forum that paypal can keep your money if you violated AUP, I am not sure if this message if related to AUP? I would appreciate it if you guys with experience could tell me if I will get my money back and if I can add a bank account.

Many thanks guys

Contact the agent and see if they can add a new bank to help you if the money is ready to be released.

Other than that... keep in mind PP will ALWAYS try to keep your money
Old 07-10-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royaltechno View Post
The name on a bank account may be different than the one on your PP. Just give PP a call.
100% guarantee that on a suspended account which they tried to verify with counterfeit docs they will not allow you to add a mismatched name bank account.

IMO there's no point worrying about it because it's never going to be made available. The money is gone.

It's worth a phone call I guess but I suspect they know the account was fraudulently created.
Old 07-10-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

can you log into your account,there may be an explanation posted already -AUP