paypal was limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default paypal was limited

Hi, I opened a PayPal account and to verify it I used a Greendot card as a bank and a Gift card as the Creditcard.

So here is what happened, I bought something online for about $3000 about 10pm, on that same day i transfered $20 from my paypal to my greendot card. The next day about 8am - 9am I found out that the account was limited and the transfer to the greendot card was cancelled and the $3000 Instant transfer was stopped.

So my question is what caused the problem because ach transaction's usally take about 2-3 day's but this is the first greendot i have used and it seem's it went through in no time, So was it the fact as soon as paypal figured out i used a greendot and the instant was so high and i didn't have the funds, they decided to cancel it? They allowed the instant to go through but by the next morning they cancelled it,
( ps i didn't have the fund's to cover it )

also what is the ach transfer time on average for banks like chase, wells fargo and ally bank.

thanks
ps i tryed this using my bank (it is a credit union) and i bought something for about $500 from bestbuy and it went through no problem, it took about 2 day's for the ach transfer and after paypal figured out i didn't have the fund's they just said they would try again in 3 day's
(Ofcourse i returned the item to bestbuy so i wouldn't get another overcharge and put my paypal balance back to zero. )

So was it the fact that i used the greendot as a bank instead of a real like chase or wells fargo that they canceled it and limited the account?
Edit/Delete Message
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

No need to duplicate threads. Saturday night, replies may be s l o w

Since this thread is in the correct part of the forum I'll close the other one

In a quick analysis you have done (nearly) everything to unsettle paypal. A brand new account spending that much money in such a short time tripped those alarm bells we call limitation. Whilst you were likelyy not going to do anything bad, paypal does not accept that.
ACH times vary depending on circumstances. Not easy to say
Old 05-01-2010
Threadstarter  

ok, yeah I figured this was the right thread after i had already created the other post. Did the greendot have anything to with it though. I have heard paypal does not like a greendot as a bank account and sometimes after the first transfer or transaction they will limit the account?
Old 05-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Greendot is owned by Paypal
Old 05-01-2010
Threadstarter  

wow really, would that be why they would have cancelled it so quick then?
Old 05-01-2010
Threadstarter  

would that also be why the transfer was so fast
Old 05-01-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Since when did PayPal start owning Green Dot? If anything Walmart would have some ownership. Please post cited information or something pertaining to why you think PayPal owns Green Dot thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-02-2010)
Old 05-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiswes View Post
ok, yeah I figured this was the right thread after i had already created the other post. Did the greendot have anything to with it though. I have heard paypal does not like a greendot as a bank account and sometimes after the first transfer or transaction they will limit the account?
OK, I'll excuse you this once
tbf greendot is not well received by paypal. In many cases mentioned here on the forum, its usage has caused the account to be limited. One user got told by a paypal staffer to use a 'real bank'. Although anectodal it does go some way,imo, to trying to avoid greendot. Cue the 'but I use greendot crowd' to say to the contrary. (Tough.) I'm giving you what I understand paypal does.
new accounts + greendot + high volume of money/activity means defensive reaction from paypal. That is limitation.

There are other options for cards
Old 05-02-2010
Threadstarter  

OK thanks I am sure it was all the thing's I did but I just wanted to know whether the green dot may have had anything to do with it.
I figure I will just use a bank account for now on instead