Shedding Light: Paypal Money Released After 180 Days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-23-2010
Burning's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 349
Thanked 313 Times in 215 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (18)
Default Shedding Light: Paypal Money Released After 180 Days

Well, as some of you forum members know or remember, my paypal account was limited and paypal gave me the boot along time ago in December. I had to wait 180 days to get my money but it was technically my fault due to errors in documentation.

I finally logged in to the limited account after 180 days, and I was able to add a NEW bank account. I used the NEW bank account which I had added and I withdrew all my money I had on it. There was about $2500 is cash in that account and finally after waiting for so long, it's now in my hands. I will have to wait a couple of days until the money reaches my bank but I don't think there will be a problem, unless paypal pulls one of there nasty moves.

It HAS been confirmed with ME and a couple of forum member that you able to ADD a NEW bank account after 180 days. Now, this has now been confirmed by ME and I am sure that this will work with other forum members as well. I did NOT have to call them in order to ADD a new bank account nor get my money out of my account.

Maybe Paypal CANADA rules are different as compared to other countries such as the USA.

NOTE: Paypal also gives the option to review your account after 90 or 60 days of limitation (not sure if it is 60 or 90 days). You have to TALK to the supervisor in order for them to DO SO. I had the option to get my account reviewed after talking to paypal for more than 25 minutes but I did NOT bother as I did not want to scrutinize my account.

Next time PLEASE do not make the same mistake as I did. DO NOT run more than $800-$900 of volume per month. Do NOT attempt to withdraw more than $500 to your bank account at one attempt. There are many other tips in which you can find on this forum on how to prevent a limitation. If you follow all these steps, you will likely avoid limitation of your paypal account.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Burning; 06-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
12348766754 (12-09-2015), aquabats (09-06-2012), archim (09-05-2020), aspkin (06-23-2010), chemaguru (05-08-2017), classylady71 (01-15-2013), digitalslave (08-24-2010), Ebay12345 (04-09-2019), EFIL4OREV (10-01-2010), Gman91189 (09-16-2011), holyhell (09-19-2010), Iamanoob (01-09-2019), iphree (01-23-2011), jamachpieretindo (03-30-2017), jeffweico (06-23-2010), jholl99 (06-08-2017), kvncsta (08-01-2015), lferkus94 (04-15-2020), luckypony (03-14-2017), madmuppet303 (04-16-2011), OfficialGenius (08-24-2010), OZZIE_DUDE (09-12-2011), paypalpains (12-28-2011), pod (06-23-2010), somo (10-02-2010), Stream (10-14-2010), tatiana (10-02-2010), tazi2010 (10-08-2015), wantohide (06-04-2011), write (08-25-2015), yogibeezy (05-31-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 06-23-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,418
Thanks: 5,668
Thanked 8,495 Times in 7,797 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Duly noted and well done /cheers

Hope you got something nice set up for the cash...spending or investing-wise

Last edited by rsot; 06-23-2010 at 10:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
adeel780 (01-08-2019), archim (09-05-2020)
  #3  
Old 06-23-2010
Burning's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 349
Thanked 313 Times in 215 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Duly noted and well done /cheers
Thanks for your nice comment. I have withdrawn over $2500 to my RBC US funding account. I suggest ALL Canadians open up a USA funding account from RBC in order to avoid paypal's 2% conversion feeeee!

All my business is done in USD!
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Burning; 06-23-2010 at 10:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
archim (09-05-2020)
  #4  
Old 06-23-2010
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,376
Thanks: 3,071
Thanked 4,191 Times in 1,780 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default

Thanks for the update Burning,
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
adeel780 (01-08-2019)
  #5  
Old 06-23-2010
SelfMade17's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 443
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (1)
Default

very nice to hear.
I've had multiple accounts be limited for 180 days and was able to also add a NEW bank account to it to withdraw the funds..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelfMade17 For This Useful Post:
archim (09-05-2020), paypalrestricted.info (04-12-2011)
  #6  
Old 06-23-2010
fire5678's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (0)
Default

thanks for the great news
Several of my accounts got limited with thousands of $ in them :-(
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fire5678 For This Useful Post:
archim (09-05-2020), paypalrestricted.info (04-12-2011)
  #7  
Old 06-23-2010
fire5678's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Did you receive the email from Paypal that said they gonna hold your money for 180 days? Or just wait 180 days after got limited?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Well, as some of you forum members know or remember, my paypal account was limited and paypal gave me the boot along time ago in December. I had to wait 180 days to get my money but it was technically my fault due to errors in documentation.

I finally logged in to the limited account after 180 days, and I was able to add a NEW bank account. I used the NEW bank account which I had added and I withdrew all my money I had on it. There was about $2500 is cash in that account and finally after waiting for so long, it's now in my hands. I will have to wait a couple of days until the money reaches my bank but I don't think there will be a problem, unless paypal pulls one of there nasty moves.

It HAS been confirmed with ME and a couple of forum member that you able to ADD a NEW bank account after 180 days. Now, this has now been confirmed by ME and I am sure that this will work with other forum members as well. I did NOT have to call them in order to ADD a new bank account nor get my money out of my account.

Maybe Paypal CANADA rules are different as compared to other countries such as the USA.

NOTE: Paypal also gives the option to review your account after 90 or 60 days of limitation (not sure if it is 60 or 90 days). You have to TALK to the supervisor in order for them to DO SO. I had the option to get my account reviewed after talking to paypal for more than 25 minutes but I did NOT bother as I did not want to scrutinize my account.

Next time PLEASE do not make the same mistake as I did. DO NOT run more than $800-$900 of volume per month. Do NOT attempt to withdraw more than $500 to your bank account at one attempt. There are many other tips in which you can find on this forum on how to prevent a limitation. If you follow all these steps, you will likely avoid limitation of your paypal account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fire5678 For This Useful Post:
archim (09-05-2020), paypalrestricted.info (04-12-2011)
  #8  
Old 06-23-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,418
Thanks: 5,668
Thanked 8,495 Times in 7,797 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

With the exchange rate being what it is, unless you need the cash badly and can handle Paypal's ABYSMAL exchange rate, RBC US account works for Canadians.

Unfortunately, I have a bone to pick with RBC so I just don't like doing business with them. Come on you other Canadian banks with my many accounts - get it together US-wise ha!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
archim (09-05-2020)
  #9  
Old 06-23-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,418
Thanks: 5,668
Thanked 8,495 Times in 7,797 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

On side note, I still have a Paypal account that is limited but receiving payments - I don't have the necessary ID ha =(

Ah well - amount keeps growing...
  #10  
Old 06-23-2010
Burning's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 349
Thanked 313 Times in 215 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (18)
Default

Ye..I'm not giving paypal any more money for the conversion, I have an RBC US account. I have a bank account with RBC and a credit card from CITI bank.

You have to WAIT until you get an EMAIL from paypal telling you they are NOT going to be doing business with you and they will STATE that they will hold all funds for 180 days.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
  #11  
Old 06-23-2010
fire5678's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (0)
Default

So you mean the it starts counting for 180days just right after Paypal sent you this email? But I have an account limited 2 month ago, still haven't got any email. I called them, but they said I will be able to withdraw 180 days after my account got limited. Is it another big lie from them? S**T paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Ye..I'm not giving paypal any more money for the conversion, I have an RBC US account. I have a bank account with RBC and a credit card from CITI bank.

You have to WAIT until you get an EMAIL from paypal telling you they are NOT going to be doing business with you and they will STATE that they will hold all funds for 180 days.
  #12  
Old 06-23-2010
Burning's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 349
Thanked 313 Times in 215 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire5678 View Post
So you mean the it starts counting for 180days just right after Paypal sent you this email? But I have an account limited 2 month ago, still haven't got any email. I called them, but they said I will be able to withdraw 180 days after my account got limited. Is it another big lie from them? S**T paypal
I'm not sure. I sent them all the documentation but they had advised me that that are no longer going to be doing business with me.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
  #13  
Old 06-23-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (0)
Default PayPal decided not to do business with me too

After being with paypal for over 10 years they have decided to part ways with my company because we process tooooo much money. They are currently holding $127,000! You read that correctly One hundred and Twenty Seven Thousand dollars. Trying to get answers is worthless. Our account had an impeccable record, but none of this seems to matter to them or ebay. I have had several accounts on ebay and our record there is great as well. I'm not sure what is going on at paypal. I've tried to escalate my concerns up the chain of command without a response from anybody. All I can talk to is my account rep and twice I've had conference calls with paypal risk department. I cannot talk about what is being done by my legal council, but I can ensure you that I will not go down without a fight. By way of google I can see this is an epidemic problem that I'm not the only one scratching my head asking "why is to much business bad?" Long term we will probably learn about internal issues within the paypal/ebay system that have lead them to make these decisions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomichg For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (06-26-2014), write (08-25-2015)
  #14  
Old 06-23-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 141
Thanks: 19
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I feel bad about complaining about my 1k
The Following User Says Thank You to mememe1972 For This Useful Post:
defon (07-05-2013)
  #15  
Old 06-23-2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 162
Thanks: 27
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Atomichg, once this is all ironed out for you and settled....please, if you can, keep us informed about this travesty.
  #16  
Old 06-23-2010
pod's Avatar
pod pod is offline
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,581
Thanks: 592
Thanked 508 Times in 328 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomichg View Post

with paypal for over 10 years

currently holding $127,000! .
Holy crap! I assume that's for a short period of sales and you don't just leave all your cash in PayPal all the time...

They actually said that after 10 years, you simply make too much money and that's the only reason? With no problems with charge backs or complaints?

Do they realize that keeping John Doe's $150 for 6 months is one thing. But this is just too big for anyone to sit back and take... and grounds for a big civil lawsuit...

That kind of volume begs for a real merchant account anyway. A real merchant account from you bank is not going to call you out for being too successful that's for sure.
  #17  
Old 06-23-2010
Burning's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 349
Thanked 313 Times in 215 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomichg View Post
After being with paypal for over 10 years they have decided to part ways with my company because we process tooooo much money. They are currently holding $127,000! You read that correctly One hundred and Twenty Seven Thousand dollars. Trying to get answers is worthless. Our account had an impeccable record, but none of this seems to matter to them or ebay. I have had several accounts on ebay and our record there is great as well. I'm not sure what is going on at paypal. I've tried to escalate my concerns up the chain of command without a response from anybody. All I can talk to is my account rep and twice I've had conference calls with paypal risk department. I cannot talk about what is being done by my legal council, but I can ensure you that I will not go down without a fight. By way of google I can see this is an epidemic problem that I'm not the only one scratching my head asking "why is to much business bad?" Long term we will probably learn about internal issues within the paypal/ebay system that have lead them to make these decisions.

When were dealing with that much money I would never use paypal. I would get a merchant account instead. I suggest you take legal action against them, if all this is true then it's worth the fight. You should send them legal letters and open up a law suit!
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
alikayani (03-26-2012)
  #18  
Old 06-23-2010
fire5678's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Holy Sh*t, these two stupid sh*tty companies will collapse in no time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by atomichg View Post
After being with paypal for over 10 years they have decided to part ways with my company because we process tooooo much money. They are currently holding $127,000! You read that correctly One hundred and Twenty Seven Thousand dollars. Trying to get answers is worthless. Our account had an impeccable record, but none of this seems to matter to them or ebay. I have had several accounts on ebay and our record there is great as well. I'm not sure what is going on at paypal. I've tried to escalate my concerns up the chain of command without a response from anybody. All I can talk to is my account rep and twice I've had conference calls with paypal risk department. I cannot talk about what is being done by my legal council, but I can ensure you that I will not go down without a fight. By way of google I can see this is an epidemic problem that I'm not the only one scratching my head asking "why is to much business bad?" Long term we will probably learn about internal issues within the paypal/ebay system that have lead them to make these decisions.
  #19  
Old 06-29-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
I'm not sure. I sent them all the documentation but they had advised me that that are no longer going to be doing business with me.
When I got an email telling me that my account became limited I did not have an option to send in documentation to unlimit my account. Incase it matters, my account was limited because of fraudulent or scandalous transactions (to be honest there was nothing fraudulent or scandalous about it). You stated that they do not want to do any business with you and I was just wondering exactly what you meant by this. I believe that I got a similar statement from an email from PayPal. Does this mean that I am perm. banned from using their services? Once the 180 days are up and PayPal closes my account will I be able to make a new one using the same email address, phone #, or address?
  #20  
Old 06-29-2010
NTP's Avatar
NTP NTP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 224
Thanks: 17
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (0)
Default

@ tony12ho

One your 180 days are up, you should be able to get your money. THEN your account wil close.

And no, you won't be able to make a PP account witht the same info. - It will link you to this one and you will be limited again.
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
tony12ho (06-29-2010)
  #21  
Old 06-29-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Sheesh. I didn't think that I would have to play a game of Cat and Mouse with such a big company, but I guess that I have no other choice.
  #22  
Old 06-29-2010
NTP's Avatar
NTP NTP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 224
Thanks: 17
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (0)
Default

And THAT is why we are all here on this fourm! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
jholl99 (06-04-2017)
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Account Limited ...will funds be released after 180 days? j08 Paypal Limited 9 02-09-2021 06:48 AM
Paypal RELEASED MY MONEY-Called them in 2 MONTHS was suppose to be 180 days bmwsouthside Paypal Limited 18 07-24-2020 11:50 AM
about withdraw money from paypal after 180 days kevinxu Subscriber Discussions 4 10-21-2009 01:12 AM
Paypal released my funds 20 days early. webguy Subscriber Discussions 2 09-04-2009 06:38 PM
A tip on how to get buyers to leave you feedback and your money released from PayPal imjustme PayPal Talk 6 01-31-2008 11:22 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58