Please help, limited 3rd party access on paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Exclamation Please help, limited 3rd party access on paypal

Hi everyone, I need help please, my friends Paypal account was limited with a third party access and I don't know why but I am thinking it's because I have been selling a lot this past month and so has she under MY Ebay account but my Ebay account is good, not stealth, so far so good though, I have 40 Positive Feedbacks for buying and selling.
Last night, I went to sign into her Paypal account which I sign on under a different IP address than my Ebay account and I saw that it was limited. So, they were asking for her to confirm her full bank account number and her full 2 credit card numbers she had on there, she did that, also she changed her password and changed her two security questions as of about 9 hours ago and it's still limited!
Now, all 31 items I have purchased in the last month have been temporarily held, sellers emailing me like crazy asking me why I held their money and I told them, I didn't, Paypal did, I apologize.
So far 1 held payment I made to someone has been released and closed out but about 15 are being reviewed by Paypal and the other 15 are saying, waiting for your response BUT they are being reviewed by Paypal.
I currently have $158.00 in there and another $189.99 being held for an order I placed almost 3 weeks ago but canceled the order since the item was not in stock and the hold won't expire until July 13th and of course Paypal hasn't released the funds back into the account.
I have been reading on here for a few weeks on and off but I really need to know if my friends account, which she has had at least 9 years with no issues, if it will be OK?
Will they remove the limitations and will it go back to normal? I have about 4 more items that are listed and once they sell, I'm not using her account anymore, I am going to have a stealth account created. My friend and I only sell items from our own personal collections, stuff from around the house that's not used.
How can I speed up the process of having this limation lifted? My friend doesn't want to have to call Paypal but I told her if they don't do anything she might have to and she will IF she has to.

Thank you so much
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2010
Vicvelcro

They apparently suspect that her account has been hijacked. The account usage pattern has changed from what it had been and you probably didn't observe the cookie and IP considerations.

I'm going to guess that she will have to call them if you want any chance of getting it tidied up sooner than later. BUT there is a solid chance that calling will do more harm that good. It may get her permanently banned from Paypal.

If your friend isn't perfectly professional and very sharp intellectually, I would strongly suggest NOT calling Paypal and simply let it all play out with time.

YOU need the stealth guide so you can better understand all the things you could have done more properly. Also, you need to NOT use somebody else's account. Ever.
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Hi, thank you very much for responding. I have CC Cleaner installed, use it every day, only sign into my Ebay with Mozilla Firefox and sign into her Paypal account from AOL, two different IP addresses.
So you think they are just protecting her account?
Do you believe they will reinstate it and usually how long does this take?
I definitely have to buy eBay Stealth and get an Ebay and Paypal Stealth Account. I have never had either one and am new to all of this, I found this website by doing a Google search for suspended Paypal accounts when my account was suspended a few weeks back.
Mine was suspended for being linked to an older account of mine and since then my friend has been letting me use her account to collect my money from sales and just finish up what I was selling.
Is there anything else I should do?
I did email them last night.
I was thinking about having her call but now you are saying it might cause more harm than good, so I guess I won't have her call.
Why isn't she allowed to let a family member or friend use her account? I let her use my Ebay if necessary, I really HATE Paypal!!
Old 06-28-2010
Vicvelcro

If you were listing on your own ebay but payments going to her Paypal, you've linked your selves in the eyes of the enemy. If they make the connection that you have been previously suspended, hers will soon be as well. So, safest thing is to stop having payments sent from your ebay to her Paypal immediately. If they haven't already noticed, you may slide under the radar.

Next, consider this - if you've been moving quite a few goods, they know you've been making some money. People with money pay for high-speed, especially if they are using the web to make a buck. So AOL dialup on an ecommerce that gets traffic would pretty much alert them that you must be doing it for purposes of hiding. As I say, from their perspective, so please everyone that has some snappy comment about how some areas don't have broadband - zip it. It's the enemy's perspective that counts, not the lame excuses people pipe-dream about.

I do think they are simply protecting her account from suspected hacking. I could be wrong, but it's a solid guess.

Unless she is very very crafty, she probably won't get the account back. And if she isn't crafty, her only chance of getting it back is NOT to contact them. Amateur and unprofessional sob-stories rarely work against the machine that is Paypal. Sometimes, but not often.

How long would it take if it could work? Anybody's guess. Nothing is set in stone with them. Everything is subjective and many times appears to be based on the whim of the bad guys up in phone center.

Reading the part where you say you were suspended for being linked to another older account already... That tells me that her account and your current account are flat cold busted and it's only a matter of time before the axe falls. Soooooo... Get the stealth guide and get busy with it while you still have any advantage whatsoever.

Terms of service says nobody can lend their login to anyone else period. Each must have their own. If you had set up logins as business accounts, you could allow employees to each have a separate login to list under your corporate umbrella, but each person still must have their own login and password. No sharing.

There's a very minuscule chance that you two will sneak out of this without a scratch. But you'll get stuck by lightning 3 times in a row before the odds are even.

Before you start listing again or even create any new logins, get the stealth guide, read it twice AND THEN spend at least 40 working hours studying (not just reading) the ebay and paypal rules and terms of service. Spend another 80 working hours reading material all over this forum. You are missing a lot of information you really should possess, if you are going to do more than dabble in ecommerce.
Old 06-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

A life story I aint reading.

Too too long and people, other than Vicvelcro, will not bother to answer
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Thank you very much Vic.
I see that a lot on this group and it's completely unnecessary, especially towards people like myself that are new to this group and this whole eBay Stealth and Paypal thing. I had NO idea how much needs to go into this and how much information Paypal and Ebay can track.
Getting back to what you mentioned, another friend of mine said this happened to her, same exact thing but her account was eventually reinstated, she doesn't remember how long but it wasn't very long, what I think might have possibly flagged the account is, I literally had $1.35 available balance, opened up a business account under my husband's name, figured I might be safe because we have a new IP address, I've been using CC Cleaner and clearing my footprints on AOL also, which I don't have dial-up for AOL, I have High Speed, so, I transferred the remaining $1.35 to my husband's new account and within an hour, BOOM, her account was limited!
Then, today I go to verify my new Green Dot Debit Card on my husband's account and within an hour, BOOM, it's shut down, I got the final farewell bullcrap email from them stating, "We can't have you for a customer", so now, I have NO Paypal accounts.
As for my friends account, is it possible they will look into her good standing on her account at all and since she's been a Paypal member for around 9 years? Will that help her?
Why is her account still limited when she verified all three steps already and that part is showing completed? Is it because of all of the payments I made for items purchased on currently on hold?
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Also Vic, another thing is, what about the current $158.00 or so I have in the account and the other $189.99 that will be released back into her account on July 13th, I want my money from them, so if they don't reinstate her, how do I get my money? Do I have to wait the 6 months and will they even give me my money or keep it? Thanks
Old 06-28-2010
Vicvelcro

Stop cleaning cookies. You need those, so eBay knows it's you when you return.

Keep separate windows user accounts, so ebay only sees the cookies you want it to see. Read about it. Too much for me to retype the whole story. It's been posted a hundred or more times.

Looking at all the details and circumstances added in each of your posts, it seems to me that you did too many weird things. That is what got you noticed. Then, when they took a deeper peek, it looked weirder and weirder.

If they look at your friend's account of 9 years and then factor in the recent activity, they will likely be convinced the account has been hijacked. No amount of personal verification is likely to fix that now. They'll probably dump her, just to avoid liability in the future.

Now, in your next posts, try to leave out the human and personal story part of the details. Many people here won't read through all that to see the underlying problem.
Old 06-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL1229 View Post
Hi, thank you very much for responding. I have CC Cleaner installed, use it every day, only sign into my Ebay with Mozilla Firefox and sign into her Paypal account from AOL, two different IP addresses.
So you think they are just protecting her account?
Do you believe they will reinstate it and usually how long does this take?
paypal make the user(s) think they are taking action to protect the account. In fact they are protecting themselves from any future problems. Proof of ID is requested and even when supplied, paypal might not restore an account.
What they are looking at is 'activity'. They examine all bases and tend to act in their own interests without much concern for the account holder. I'd never offer a yay or nay about an account being unlimited. Every case differs.

Quote:
I definitely have to buy eBay Stealth and get an Ebay and Paypal Stealth Account. I have never had either one and am new to all of this, I found this website by doing a Google search for suspended Paypal accounts when my account was suspended a few weeks back.
Mine was suspended for being linked to an older account of mine and since then my friend has been letting me use her account to collect my money from sales and just finish up what I was selling. Is there anything else I should do? I did email them last night.
I was thinking about having her call but now you are saying it might cause more harm than good, so I guess I won't have her call.
Why isn't she allowed to let a family member or friend use her account? I let her use my Ebay if necessary, I really HATE Paypal!!
Unwittingly your usage of the account may be a factor in paypal not restoring it. Yes, you and your friend were doing just what friends do. Help each other. paypal does not like that.
Vic has given you more info about working an account correctly. There's a lot to digest. I'll finish
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Unbelieveable, Paypal really does SUCK! Paypal doesn't like friends helping each other out, why the hell not? They sure as hell don't have a damn problem making money off of us though, ugh!
When the hell is Paypal going to go out of business, that's what I would like to know! lol
I agree with you on that, Paypal ONLY cares about themselves, I mean, look at all of the payments I made to people, I have received more than half of my items and now these people have the money being held on them.
Will that money be released back to them?
Not everyone has shipped yet, if they refund the money back to me, how do I get it out of Paypal?
I feel nauseous, Paypal literally makes me freaking sick!
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Vic, I shouldn't clean out the cookies at all anymore?
OMG, I have been cleaning out a few times a day!
I didn't think they would be sitting there monitoring my friends account, I was using it for about 2 1/2 weeks but definitely it looked weird, different shipping address, we live in two different states, ugh, the list goes on...........
Old 06-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

@BSL, that very action of clearing cookies is counterproductive. paypal/ebay react by thinking the account is hijacked. Their programs operate 24/7 checking & flags accounts where necessary.

When you move onto making a stealth account, youll make it a certain way to fit under ebay/paypal
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

WOW, I didn't know that, so do you think that is what flagged the Paypal account?
Now what about signing into my Ebay account under Mozilla, should I stop clearing cookies?
If I get eBay Stealth, wil this prevent me from getting booted again?
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Wait, so they have programs that operate and check all accounts? Unreal!
Old 06-28-2010
Vicvelcro

Quote:
Paypal doesn't like friends helping each other out, why the hell not?
While friends do this type of thing to help each other out, you are a minority. With 100's of millions of account holders, there are more scammers behaving the same way that friends do. Odds are, weird activy=scam. Sorry, but it's statistics.

Quote:
They sure as hell don't have a damn problem making money off of us though, ugh!
They are a business. The plan is to make a profit. That's what they do. They aren't a charity group or a communal club to share money.

Quote:
When the hell is Paypal going to go out of business, that's what I would like to know! lol
As long as they continue to run their business like a business, they will remain in business. If the corp develops human traits, then it would go out of business. Don't hold your breath waiting for that day.

Quote:
I agree with you on that, Paypal ONLY cares about themselves, I mean, look at all of the payments I made to people, I have received more than half of my items and now these people have the money being held on them.
Will that money be released back to them?
You are bringing a human element to an issue that has no human element. You are a number. They juggle numbers. Accept that reality and play their game their way, you'll get farther faster. (this is the part of your storytelling that is useless for solving your issue and a deterrent to others here helping you. Nobody can process these datum, because the datum is irrelevant to the problem and irrelevant to the solution. State hard relevant fact, leave human explanations out, you might get more input from more members here.

Quote:
Not everyone has shipped yet, if they refund the money back to me, how do I get it out of Paypal?
If the account is limited, you don't get it out. You wait 180 days or you try to get the limit removed. But realize the odds of you getting the limit lifted here aren't in your favor. Regardless of how much you dislike that, it is reality. Understanding reality and planning based on what is real will benefit you, even if the outcome is still unpleasant. Deal with the real - the level of unpleasant will be less than if you refuse to accept reality.

Quote:
I feel nauseous, Paypal literally makes me freaking sick!
You'll have to condition yourself to not have that physiological reflex reaction. If you can't get it out of your system, you should consider other options for generating income. This game requires nerves of steel and an uncaring unconcerned attitude toward good and bad events. You can't do this with a gambling mentality. If you can't afford the loss, the reward should not be the bait.
Old 06-28-2010
Vicvelcro

Quote:
Wait, so they have programs that operate and check all accounts? Unreal!
It's all automated on the first level of intervention. Often, it never gets to a human processor.
Old 06-28-2010
Vicvelcro

Quote:
WOW, I didn't know that, so do you think that is what flagged the Paypal account?
Try to omit these editorial exclamations.

Quote:
Now what about signing into my Ebay account under Mozilla, should I stop clearing cookies?
Yes.

Quote:
If I get Ebay Stealth, wil this prevent me from getting booted again?
Not all by itself. There have been no mystical rituals performed over the e-tome. It is not a magic talisman.

You have to read it, then study it, then apply it, and don't deviate.

Most of us are here as testament to its effectiveness. Some are here because they still cannot absorb the info (they can't get away from their pipe-dreamy nature). It's straightforward, but it's literal. Emotion has no place in ecommerce, stealth, or study. Read it and use it like you are conducting a lab experiment. Science.
Old 06-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Props to Vic for taking the time to read and respond to all the questions and issues.

"You deserve a break today"...
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Thanks Vic, I will stop clearing cookies and absorb Ebay Stealth once I receive it.
Sorry about that: "Try to omit these editorial exclamations".
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

Very much so, I agree, thank you Vic because as you can see I have NO idea what to do and am VERY new to all of this, so a BIG THANK YOU!
Old 06-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

@BSL, what you do now, is sit down, pen paper & coffee and start the reading.
The game is complex but with guts and determination, most people win.
You've found out about cookies...find out by going to that subforum why they are needed. Make notes. A pattern starts to form as you realize why they are needed.

We were all new here once. I know it's daunting but all is needed is effort
Old 06-28-2010
Trimptop

OK, I just read through everything you typed again and it's very helpful.
You are right, it's a business, I guess I am getting too emotionally upset over this. I sell items to make some extra cash, I honestly can't afford to have my money held by Paypal so I am thinking about refunding the two payments that are sitting in the account now and asking them to send me a money order for payment.
I just had a few more things I wanted to sell and then I was done with it for a while because it's a headache, all of this, too much to deal with so I was going to read Ebay Stealth and have two new accounts made up and in a few months probably start selling again.