Paypal Limited My Account and sisters account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal Limited My Account and sisters account

Hello, im kind of stuck and dont know what to do......

*ive been selling wheels and tires on ebay for maybe 5 years now about 3 years ago ebay limitted my account due to ebay fees ($3,000) so i though it would be better if i just opened a new account under my sisters name, so i did she has different last name addres etc, so it was ok until now that a customer is doing a chargeback through paypal ($2000) so of course paypal refunded the money and my sisters paypal account is negetive, besides ebay selling fee is $2000. i dont want to pay $2000 because customer has the wheels and tires i havent received items back and i called paypal and all they said is to bring the account to a 0 balance. so i tried to open a new paypal/ebay account under my brothers name but it quickly got linked because of the ip address and he has same address as my paypal/ebay account that 1st got limited.

so what should i do? should i pay my sisters paypal ($2000) and ebay fees ($2000), or should i pay my own $3000? if i pay either one would they even let the account do business or will they limit it again after some money gets in there? i was thinking of paying my own account, since it hasnt been used in 2 years, and just use new ip and new address for it, if they have my old address on file would they still limit me even after i fax them over or add a new address to the paypal account? please advice.

***I have purchased the Stealth Book, but it would not work for me since i would need to enter SSN, also paypal still requires SSN for llc company, itried it.

Last edited by joxnard805; 08-17-2010 at 06:11 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 88%
Default Waoh

Yeah get the Stealth Book, make a new account.

You're not selling any VERO items so it should be easy to get going.

Stop using PayPal, especially if you are selling this kind of volume.
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Your asking which bill to pay

First, Some are or all are linked, so you may have to pay them all, not just one.
Second, that's no guarantee you get back on
Third you owe them a total of 7K. I highly doubt when they get that money they will accept you back with open arms

So you sold around 80k worth of stuff and you let one chargback and not paying fees kill you??

Do I dare ask why you would let your business run like this? Some round numbers, but:
Sold 60k - Didn't pay fees. Get a new account
Sell 40K on other account, don't pay fees and Get a 2k chageback, try and get a new account....

I think you should have respected your bread winner a little more... I dont mean to lecture, but this isn't a string of bad buyers or some other unavoidable mess. You didn't pay your bills and you got one chargeback....
Old 08-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Pod,

You are right, on my first account i just didnt pay my bills, but on the account i opened under my sisters name i had the bills + the chargeback and believe selling on ebay aint easy, it requires alot of work to try and make some good money on there, and for paypal to want and take 2000 for something that its not my fault doesnt seem fair. The customer that did chargeback, used the wheels for 2 months then called me and asked for a full refund, i told him i would agree to give him a refund even after 2 months but with a 30% restocking fee, i told him that just because i knew he can nail me through paypal easily (which he did, lol)

**as for the accounts being linked, when i opened the 3rd account under my brothers info, they limited it on the first sale, and i called paypal and they told me the address had another matching paypal address on file (which is 1st account under my name) that sold same items. with my sisters account they only matched the ip address with the one i had just opened under my brothers info. Do you think if i pay my account off that i owe $3000, would it be limited and closed being that my sisters account has a negetive balance aswell? if i pay the $2000 (sisters account) and $3000 on my own account would at least paypal have 1 of these accounts open?
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Its a real tough call to be honest.

But:
Brothers is linked to your first account

And you said
with my sisters account they only matched the ip address with the one i had just opened under my brothers

So they are all linked I'm afraid
Old 08-18-2010

The main issue I'd have with sticking ebay with the bill is, does your sister ever plan on selling anything on ebay? I'd hate to have her future limited selling ability to tied back to your debts.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourbookbusiness For This Useful Post:
pod (08-18-2010)
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbookbusiness View Post
The main issue I'd have with sticking ebay with the bill is, does your sister ever plan on selling anything on ebay? I'd hate to have her future limited selling ability to tied back to your debts.
The sisters bill must be paid no mater what is done. You dont leave a debt in her name regardless of what eBay did. That much will have to be chocked down for sure.

This is why using friends and family names is wrong wrong wrong
Old 08-18-2010
Threadstarter  

my sister doesnt plan on using ebay at all, your right pod, i will pay my sisters bill but i was going to do it in payment, if they would guarantee me they wont limit me after payment has been paid in full i would do a 1 time payment, but having to fork out all that cash and to get limited right away after...doesnt make no sense, but most likely i will just run the risk. i wil pay ebay fees and the chargeback for $2000, i will post outcome by friday. hope everything turns out good.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
The sisters bill must be paid no mater what is done. You dont leave a debt in her name regardless of what eBay did. That much will have to be chocked down for sure.

This is why using friends and family names is wrong wrong wrong
It can potentially be more severe than just limiting her ability to sell on eBay. If the bill is sent to collections, or sold to a debt buyer, it could wind up on her credit report and stop her from getting credit.

If it is sold to e debt buyer, then there is a good chance they will sue. Debt buyers are more aggressive than collection agencies. They purchase debt for around 5 cents on the dollar and squeeze every last possible dime out of it.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

here's a really really radical thought for the OP.
#
Take responsibility for mucking your sister's account AND potentially her credit history.
Take responsibility for stuffing up your own business. You run the business so that's your fault innit?

Tune into the real world. Paypal will give you no guarantees at all ever. Dont think that way. Think how to resolve the mess paying attention to your sister & family accounts.

Your comment about the book is so off. Paypal accounts can be created with EIN & LLC. The problem is it takes a bit of effort.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxnard805 View Post
my sister doesn't plan on using ebay at all, .
Thats less of an issue then the money owed. And its pretty sizable too

In one way or another all the accounts you created are connected. And you have used your sister's and brother's name and address information.

If you want to turn your back on money you owe that's your prerogative.
*However with all the information linked all the money will have to be paid now to protect their interests and credit rating. Not just about you anymore. By dragging them into this I'm afraid its no longer about what you want to pay.

You have essentially just put your family members on the hook for a $7000 debt. No escaping that... You can not think of it in a better light as much as you try

Sorry.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Joxnard - you have responses from a lot of savvy individuals - best to cooperate with ebay and paypal in order to avoid huge hits to your family.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Thats less of an issue then the money owed. And its pretty sizable too

In one way or another all the accounts you created are connected. And you have used your sister's and brother's name and address information.

If you want to turn your back on money you owe that's your prerogative.
*However with all the information linked all the money will have to be paid now to protect their interests and credit rating. Not just about you anymore. By dragging them into this I'm afraid its no longer about what you want to pay.

You have essentially just put your family members on the hook for a $7000 debt. No escaping that... You can not think of it in a better light as much as you try

Sorry.
Also, here is a general rule of thumb about owing money. I worked in the credit and collections industry for a total of 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about.

You can easily walk away from a $150 bill. Nobody is likely to sue for that amount unless it is a personal vendetta.

When you go over the $1,000 mark, that is when they start considering legal action. Not everyone who owes over $1k gets sued, true enough, but if they have assets and a valid address where they can be served with a summons, the likelihood increases greatly.

Some entities will sue for as little as $500, some won't sue until you owe at least $2,500 and some do not sue at all. But the $1,000 mark is the real danger point for litigation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
pod (08-18-2010), rsot (08-18-2010)
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Excellent post by jeffweico