Never before used account limitation. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Never before used account limitation.

Hi,

I have a unique situation with my PayPal account. It is not linked to any ebay account, and it has never been used.

I registered my PayPal account back in 2006 or 2007 and, since I didn't have a bank account at the time, I borrowed my mother's credit card and added it. I know, it's kind of stupid, but I was 14-15 years old at the time anyway so what did I know? Anyway, I noticed now that you can only add cards and specify a "First Name" while the "Last Name" locked to your account's last name and you can't change it. I guess it must have been different back then, since I had actually added the card successfully.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly when, but I guess shortly after adding the card the account got limited. At the time I didn't need my own PayPal account so I just left it alone, and instead register a new account with my mother's name and another card of hers. I've since used the account for payments until recently, when I decided I should get my own account.

And so I have been trying to fix my personal account for several weeks. At first I had three cases and none actually showed on my account's Resolution Center. I contacted them through email I got the infamous list of things I have to upload or fax. Since there was nowhere to upload them I had to fax them. After faxing some stuff several times ("larger" and "brighter" copies, etc.) that kept getting rejected, two of the cases (I only knew them as IDs) got closed (according to email I have received) and all of a sudden I was able to see the last (third) case open in the resolution center. There I had the same list of required documents, some of which I had already sent. I took photos with the digital camera (color photos lol) and uploaded them. It seemed everything got accepted but then I got another request for a CC Statement with a date of 2010 (all previous requirements were from 2007).

I provided a statement for the old card (luckily my mother hasn't canceled it since) but they rejected it and then I got the email that said my account has been closed due to security reasons (you know, the typical one everyone receives).

After that I think I sent 2 or 3 emails explaining why the names didn't match and asking what I can do to get my account back, but all of them just "got pinned to my case" and I was told it'll be reviewed and I'll be contacted again. Needless to say I haven't been contacted since.

Today I called support and after she saw my account she said it's closed. I'm not sure what I should ask her or how to try and make her read about what's been going on with my account (you know, all those "pinned" emails I sent?) or should I try and explain in a few words what I described in this thread?

As far as I can tell from what I've read, one rarely ends up with someone capable of being talked to on the other end.

What should I do?

I know that probably the easiest thing would be to just create a new account under a new email address, and since I'm moving out soon I'll have my own address and everything, but I'm kind of worried that they might somehow find out about this earlier account. And then it would be significantly harder to explain why I have two accounts compared to the current situation.

PS. Should I still be able to see the open case in resolution center and the one uncompleted task (CC Statement)? Basically I don't see a difference in my account - comparing between before and after I got the email.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!