paypal drama - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default paypal drama

Hello..

Well it has finally happend, paypal limited my account. I have my bank account, debit card, and social security linked to my paypal account, with all my accurate information. I sold a Seiko watch that I bought two years ago for 410 USD, now paypal wants all this information! Photo ID/Provide invoices/supplier contact info/Proof of delivery, and etc! I'm so upset, cause there is no way I can prove to paypal any of these things, except my proof of Photo ID.

If Paypal decided to keep my account limited, how long can they hold onto my money? I heard they can hold it up to 180 days, but sometimes longer?

Can I press charges against them?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Pull your head in. Go hit a baseball around the yard, scream, rant, rave THEN calm down.

When you feel less aggro, think of doing this and for these reasons.

If you have their debit card, your SSN and the account has been in good standing, you have a reasonable chance of getting the limitation lifted. Phone paypal and calmly ask for a supervisor. Without the expletives, explain this is a watch that has been in your possession for some years and no receipts are available. Explain the listing was to sell the item as it was no longer needed and not because you are going to trade in watches. IF you got the watch two years ago and used a credit card, then get a copy of that statement. You can offer to give them it. (All the time being cool tempered and mature )
Does this seem like something you could do?
pod (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

A lot of the things they ask for are just "standard". Nothing to worry about

After you talk to someone they should understand you were just selling your used item.

Photo ID: Easy. Its your real info.

Provide invoices/supplier contact info. Wont be needed after call. You are not a dealer. So you wont have that info

Proof of delivery. Send watch with tracking. This will be the only thing you need to wait out.

NOTE: When you talk to someone at PayPal be very pleasant. And if the rep is a bit on the cranky side, be pleasant and short. Call again a day or two later and you hopefully get someone nice. There are some really nice reps at paypal and they can actually be very helpful

You have nothing to worry about. At all. This is just a security deal because item is worth some cash. Thats all
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

If for some reason they dont lift the limit, how long can they hold onto my cash?
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

6 months

You haven't done anything wrong. Why would they hold the money? Real people get limited and lifted all the time
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepel View Post
If for some reason they dont lift the limit, how long can they hold onto my cash?
If you get the dear john, the funds get held for 180 days. BUT that is the worst scenario. users have gotten their funds released sooner.

Dont think for one moment I've not screamed at paypal because I have. All it did was enfuriate them to keeping my funds. Signing into paypal or getting the naffin' email makes you want to go postal It does not work.

It's all in the way you as the account holder deal with them. This is business, emotions do not come into it. You can try to resolve this, really
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Yeah I know complaining doesn't solve anything. I'm just mad, the money I made off the watch was going to go towards my daughter's birthday present =/.
Old 10-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepel View Post
Yeah I know complaining doesn't solve anything. I'm just mad, the money I made off the watch was going to go towards my daughter's birthday present =/.
Aw, then you speak to them quietly. Just explain along the lines of what we said.