Just got limited, Chinese supplier... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Question Just got limited, Chinese supplier...

Hello all, I'm new here but don't worry, I have searched and tried to read many other topics before creating my own.

So here is the situation....

I started off on eBay selling trading cards and occasionally buying and selling hockey equipment. On average I'd say around $300 would go through my Paypal account every month. No problems for about 14 months (Paypal and eBay accounts created around Aug-2009), until now.

The reason is probably that I suddenly have a few thousand dollars going through my paypal account every month. I got into the electronics business around the beginning of Sept-2010, and have been selling very large amounts (Quite gradually as well though) until now.

Of course I'm importing this stuff from China, specifically DHGate I may add. However, my feedback on eBay is around 250 with 99.6% positive.

Another fun fact about this is that I didn't even receive an email regarding this limit, I had to log into my Paypal account and find out on my own. My eBay account appears to be totally unaffected.

Paypal is asking for:

Invoices
Supplier Info
Vendor/Supplier information.

Keep in mind that my eBay & Paypal accounts have my legit information.

The invoices - I read that usually they give you 5 transactions to which you should supply invoices...This is not the case for me, it says nothing about any transactions, just supply invoices.
I could provide invoices for the trading cards & hockey equipment, and try to act stupid about the electronics since none are for sale at this moment. I do have an invoice from my DHGate supplier, but I'm not sure how Paypal would react to knowing that my stuff is coming from China.
Let's just say that the electronics may not be as legitimate as they seem...but my supplier insists that he has had other buyers with the same problem as me, and they got off just fine supplying paypal with his invoices.

I'm also thinking of taking my China supplier's invoices, and just getting a bit creative (Location?) on them.

One more thing, is using a Paypal transaction details page alright to use as an invoice? This way I could recover a lot of my trading card purchases and try to bombard Paypal with documents :P, which makes me think that they will see me as being legit for some reason....

Supplier Info - Would it be alright to provide Paypal with basically the same thing I'd be giving them for my invoices? Since it has the seller's info....Or should I make a word document writing all of my seller's info, then just print/scan and send?

Vendor/Supplier information - This appears to be basically the same thing as the above, am I right?

At this stage in time I can do everything but withdraw & send money basically. So does this mean I'm ok to sell the rest of my stock (just can't use PayPal shipping)?

Is there a certain amount of days you have to provide them with these documents before they permanently limit you or something? Because like I mentioned earlier, I'd rather sell everything, and then try to provide the documents if there is a chance that providing those will get me perm. locked.

Which leads me to the question, even if Paypal perm. limits you and makes you wait 180 days to receive your money, would you still be able to receive payments/sell on eBay until you run out of stuff?

Basically I just don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff, especially since just a couple of days ago I put in a large order with my suppliers...

So, wise people of these forums...What do you think? Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated, keep in mind I really want two things: 1) Lift this limit.
2) Sell everything I have, then wait 180 days.

If you're missing any important information, feel free to ask. I will try to provide whatever it is that you need.

Thanks!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok well I decided to go for it, gave Paypal everything they wanted including the Chinese supplier.

Odd thing, I added 1 document for Supplier information and both the ones that appeared to be the same thing changed to in progress, so I guess they were the same thing.

WISH ME LUCK, I'M PROBABLY GOING TO NEED IT!
Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

If your goods are genuine and it come with all legal info,so you may provide your supplier info to paypal and it is good idea,otherwise you will get bad result if you do it.
Anway hope you can sort it out and back to your business soon ,as new year golden selling time is coming soon,it is a pity if you miss this peroid to sell stuff.
Old 10-25-2010

Longevity: 79%

Please update us on the outcome when you have one!
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Would be good to hear from you as follow-up - I am holding my breath sicne you did supply your Chinese supplier info...you mentioned DHGate?
Old 10-25-2010
Threadstarter  

I will make sure to post here once I learn what Paypal comes up with.

So yeah I sent them my Chinese supplier information, but I felt pretty confident with it. I mentioned the problem to the supplier and he said that he had many other customers who were in the same situation, he provided the paperwork and apparently they were able to continue doing business... I mean he wouldn't offer to help if he knew that it would get me limited permanently... He is one of the biggest players on DHGate and I bought several thousand dollars worth of stuff from him already, so it's in his best interest to keep me going :P

I also went out of my way to get as much information about other legit places where you can buy stuff and where I have ever bought anything that I've sold on eBay. So I have about 7 suppliers listed, and only one from China. I'm sort of hoping this distracts them.

Anybody know how long it usually takes for them to respond?

Thanks,

-Hrad
Old 10-25-2010
Threadstarter  

, I was hoping someone would respond before I had to act, and at this point I already submitted my Chinese supplier...

Plus I heard they do call?
Old 10-25-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

If you bought and sold branded items from China it's over... If the invoice mentions DHgate it's over. You claim to have looked around at topics, but I highly doubt that based on your actions, but I wish you the best.
Old 10-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

I would press up with a phone call - you gave all your info, you have nothing to lose by calling - has sped up things for me in the past.
Old 10-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Calling definitely helps, have had simple limits removed from calling. Including a few that required "confirmation" of location. I called up, and he said i'll take care of it. Boom, log back in and it'll be good he says
Old 10-26-2010

Longevity: 85%

Curious to see what they say on this one.....
Old 10-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Hey guys, as promised I'm back to let let you guys know how it turned out... :(

Of course, two days after I submit my info to them I receive an email...no surprise they want to part ways with me.

At least I can get a nice bonus around April, right?

JUST KIDDING.

I'm probably one of the happiest people in the world right now, because PAYPAL LIFTED THE LIMITS!!!!!
I didn't even have to call or anything, I'm so freakin' happy right now I would hug all of you! Except that guy who told me to forget my account :P

So since other members will probably read this thread when they have a similar situation (chinese supplier)

THe invoice he gave me had his real address/contact info, had China clearly written on it as well.
The real items were listed (PS: These were brand name items)

Only thing changed was value, it was just about doubled.

There was no mention of DHGate or anything though, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Well I'm probably forgetting something else at the moment... But if any of you have any questions for me feel free to ask!

WOOHOO!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hrad For This Useful Post:
nemo (07-03-2011), pkkids (11-29-2010)
Old 10-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Congratulations - for the moment. Not to bring you down but just tread lightly - lifting one limit does not mean you are automatically in the clear.

I don't want to be Captain Bringdown but I always keep a reality check.
Old 10-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Congratulations - for the moment. Not to bring you down but just tread lightly - lifting one limit does not mean you are automatically in the clear.

I don't want to be Captain Bringdown but I always keep a reality check.
Ha, yes I know. I will definitely tone it down now. At least next time I will be prepared for it, this time came truly out of the blue and I was in panic mode :P
Old 10-27-2010

Wow, I had the exact same thing happen to me a few months ago, sent them the invoices (from China) and they decided to part ways with me. It was a BIG mistake on my part and I have learned from it. The invoices didn't list DhGate on them but they did say they were from China. They also listed the products, but like Hrad said, the prices pretty much doubled.

Not really sure how you got so lucky Hrad, but all the power to you!
Old 11-07-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Ha, yes I know. I will definitely tone it down now. At least next time I will be prepared for it, this time came truly out of the blue and I was in panic mode :P
Was the big dhgate seller army by any chance?
Old 11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Hello all, I'm new here but don't worry, I have searched and tried to read many other topics before creating my own.

So here is the situation....

I started off on eBay selling trading cards and occasionally buying and selling hockey equipment. On average I'd say around $300 would go through my Paypal account every month. No problems for about 14 months (Paypal and eBay accounts created around Aug-2009), until now.

The reason is probably that I suddenly have a few thousand dollars going through my paypal account every month. I got into the electronics business around the beginning of Sept-2010, and have been selling very large amounts (Quite gradually as well though) until now.

Of course I'm importing this stuff from China, specifically DHGate I may add. However, my feedback on eBay is around 250 with 99.6% positive.

Another fun fact about this is that I didn't even receive an email regarding this limit, I had to log into my Paypal account and find out on my own. My eBay account appears to be totally unaffected.

Paypal is asking for:

Invoices
Supplier Info
Vendor/Supplier information.

Keep in mind that my eBay & Paypal accounts have my legit information.

The invoices - I read that usually they give you 5 transactions to which you should supply invoices...This is not the case for me, it says nothing about any transactions, just supply invoices.
I could provide invoices for the trading cards & hockey equipment, and try to act stupid about the electronics since none are for sale at this moment. I do have an invoice from my DHGate supplier, but I'm not sure how Paypal would react to knowing that my stuff is coming from China.
Let's just say that the electronics may not be as legitimate as they seem...but my supplier insists that he has had other buyers with the same problem as me, and they got off just fine supplying paypal with his invoices.

I'm also thinking of taking my China supplier's invoices, and just getting a bit creative (Location?) on them.

One more thing, is using a Paypal transaction details page alright to use as an invoice? This way I could recover a lot of my trading card purchases and try to bombard Paypal with documents :P, which makes me think that they will see me as being legit for some reason....

Supplier Info - Would it be alright to provide Paypal with basically the same thing I'd be giving them for my invoices? Since it has the seller's info....Or should I make a word document writing all of my seller's info, then just print/scan and send?

Vendor/Supplier information - This appears to be basically the same thing as the above, am I right?

At this stage in time I can do everything but withdraw & send money basically. So does this mean I'm ok to sell the rest of my stock (just can't use PayPal shipping)?

Is there a certain amount of days you have to provide them with these documents before they permanently limit you or something? Because like I mentioned earlier, I'd rather sell everything, and then try to provide the documents if there is a chance that providing those will get me perm. locked.

Which leads me to the question, even if Paypal perm. limits you and makes you wait 180 days to receive your money, would you still be able to receive payments/sell on eBay until you run out of stuff?

Basically I just don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff, especially since just a couple of days ago I put in a large order with my suppliers...

So, wise people of these forums...What do you think? Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated, keep in mind I really want two things: 1) Lift this limit.
2) Sell everything I have, then wait 180 days.

If you're missing any important information, feel free to ask. I will try to provide whatever it is that you need.

Thanks!!!

you're so lucky! the same story happened to me, i supplied them with everything and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ invoices-- which they don't care about anyway!!!
they prefer not to hear about china.
what happened to me was that, i was using their shipping process, and they wanted tracking numbers for 5 transactions which i couldn't provide coz was drop shipping from china.
i went ahead and sent envelopes with tracking numbers to the customers address. it was all ok till the customers reported that they only received blank envelopes. and that was it-- I WAS DEAD. POOR ME, I FEEL LIKE CRYING NOW. hope eBay Stealth will help me get back.
Old 11-08-2010

Same thing happened to me. I used China to dropship items. Shipping time was VERY slow and I stated that in my listing. Didn't help I was limited under ebay then limited under paypal. Just D/L'd Stealth and will get back on.....I hope.

Geek