Limitation removed, but holds remain =( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Limitation removed, but holds remain =(

Hey. I recently had an account get limited. It happened either because i was moving too much $ from the account too fast, or because I was linked via address on ebay. I'm not sure which. Either way, I was asked to change passwords, and give my full bank account #, and the limitation was removed.

HOWEVER...all of my recent purchases (that probably led to the limitation), are still on "temporary hold". Why are they still on hold if the limitation is removed? I've emailed several times to ask, but they never even reply lol.

It's been 3 days now, and the funds for those transactions are still being held. Also, some of the sellers of those items have tried to refund me, and they arent eve able to send me the $ back. So they wont ship to me due to the held funds, but the $ can't be returned to me to use any other way either. I don't have any disputes or anything on the account, so I'm not sure what is up.

Apparently, the emails paypal has sent the sellers has asked them to respond by the 2nd. What happens then? Will they send the $ back to me, or re-limit me somehow? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2010

Longevity: 81%

Hey,

Its almost a 99% chance that they will limit you from here on Especially since you say that you added your real shipping address to your stealth ebay. This paypal account is not safe for you anymore or the ebay account, Now you might be a lucky fellow and with a slim chance you MIGHT not get limited again. IMO you might have to ditch the account. If you want to test it out do not sell high priced items unless you can afford to wait 180 days if you get limited but if you have more accounts in your vault Then just move on to the next account and let this one sit. In the future you should create an ebay/paypal buyers account with an alias for your address and connect a prepaid debit card to it like greendot and when you want to buy something just load it on to your greendot card and pay for it from your buyer ebay/paypal accounts. That way they wont be any loss and if they reverse a transaction it will go back to the credit card. ....lol
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

UPDATE: They released the holds!!!

I don't know if I trust the account enough to send any more $ through it, but at least now the stuff I bought can be shipped =)
Old 10-31-2010

Longevity: 81%

Great News! It has happened to me 5-6 times and only once i was able to get my merchandise shipped.. so you truly are lucky

Congrats