Unresolved dispute on my limited account, what do I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-15-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Unresolved dispute on my limited account, what do I do?

Hi,

I'm a bit concerned. My paypal account has been limited for 180 days but there's a stupid buyer who isn't responding to any communication who opened a dispute prior to it getting limited for 'item not as described'
I responded to the dispute saying that the buyer was welcome to return the item for a full refund. Ebay say I have to provide the full refund when the returned item is received - but nothing has been sent. Now the dispute is just sitting there saying 'waiting for buyers response'. Problem is she's not responding, so the case won't close (I don't think she wants to return the item, just fishing for partial refunds over nothing.)

My big worry is if she won't respond how long will the case stay open without activity? Does anyone know?

I'm worried that if the dispute is still sitting there in 6 months Paypal won't release my money. I'm hoping that the case will close automatically if there's no activity but can't find any confirmation on this.

Any help is much appreciated, many thanks!

Last edited by Daioujou; 11-15-2010 at 08:36 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2010

The case is opened with eBay or Paypal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daioujou View Post
Hi,

I'm a bit concerned. My paypal account has been limited for 180 days but there's a stupid buyer who isn't responding to any communication who opened a dispute prior to it getting limited for 'item not as described'
I responded to the dispute saying that the buyer was welcome to return the item for a full refund. Ebay say I have to provide the full refund when the returned item is received - but nothing has been sent. Now the dispute is just sitting there saying 'waiting for buyers response'. Problem is she's not responding, so the case won't close (I don't think she wants to return the item, just fishing for partial refunds over nothing.)

My big worry is if she won't respond how long will the case stay open without activity? Does anyone know?

I'm worried that if the dispute is still sitting there in 6 months Paypal won't release my money. I'm hoping that the case will close automatically if there's no activity but can't find any confirmation on this.

Any help is much appreciated, many thanks!
Old 11-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Seems like a glich in the system as cases are closed after x amount of days. Call PP and let them know.
Old 11-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryGuy View Post
The case is opened with eBay or Paypal?
The case is opened with ebay, paypal has frozen the payment
Old 11-15-2010

There is a time frame for buyer to respond, if buyer not respond the case automatic close on your side. I think :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daioujou View Post
The case is opened with ebay, paypal has frozen the payment
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Yes the buyer only has a certain time frame to respond to you otherwise Ebay will close the claim. If your account just got limited the claim will close before the 180 days are up and they give you your money.
Old 11-17-2010

I have the same thing. One buyer with a feedback rating of 51% has opened a 'Not as Described' case on eBay before my PayPal and eBay accounts were both limited. Not sure what's going to happen, hope the ******* doesn't get a refund without sending me my £400 phone back!
Old 11-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Right, that's good to know guys, so if she doesn't respond (which she won't) the case will close automatically - I sort of guessed that would be the case, but when some crooks are playing stock market with your cash you kind of want to be reassured there won't be any complications in getting it back. :(
Old 11-18-2010

Daioujou, was yours a legit account? I'm from the UK too, and PayPal recently limited my account and suspended my eBay despite me providing them an absolute mountain of confidential information. They won't even provide me with a valid reason as to why they're closing me down other than some vague bollocks like "suspicious activity".

Been on eBay since 2003 and never had a problem, fully verified Business Account and two weeks ago they shut me down with no real explanation and £2,500 still in my PayPal.
Old 11-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Yes, totally legit for 7 years! The circumstances sound the same as mine, it's total bull****. :(
**** ebay anyway, I'm going to go the website route and be in business for myself. They don't want any more money off of me, that's fine, one less money donor to their bloated organisation.