Should I enter a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, stolen, or other person's social security SS number?...NO NO! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

the dead person thing may work, and i think it has been discussed before, but you would be in trouble if they ever limited you and asked for a drivers license.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2008

I guess you could say that they passed away and you were left their ebay/PP when they passed...
Old 03-30-2008

Longevity: 93%

Think I will give it a shot. Will create a new pp that matches eb w/ss # for pp verification. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-30-2008

Yeah let us know...giving the SS# is the biggest hoop
Old 03-30-2008

Longevity: 95%

TD; I used my dads last Summer. He passed in early summer, acct stayed up for 3 months.. PP actually took down another acct of mine, and left his up..
Of course - I could id verify,etc, as my mom had all his info..
Old 03-30-2008

ebayhateluv: the nerve of us I don't even know why I thought of it this morning...didn't get that maxwell house down yet

I, too can verify all info. so may be worth a shot. Shame on us!!
Old 03-30-2008

Default paypal question

when paypal ask for SSN, and what are their methods of verifying it, meaning, if i get asked by paypal for SSN, what are they gonna check? and how can i get around it?
Old 03-31-2008

As its been discussed before there is no way around it...giving false SS# info is a good way to end up in big trouble..
Old 03-31-2008

Longevity: 98%

ebayhateluv, I thought they could check the SS# if the person is deceased. I guess not.
Old 03-31-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Yep, no way around it. Well, there is ONE way, PM if you want to know.

GL
Old 04-01-2008

Default Is it wise to use one of your kids ssn for pp?

What do you think? Is is wise to use one of my kids ssn for PP?
I don't want to take the chance of them having bad credit just in case.

But I guess all you would have to do is make sure that account is always in the positive and if something happened, I could call and say someone stole my kids ssn because they are 11 and 5 not old enough to open a pp account.

I don't know what do you think?
Old 04-01-2008

Default What if I dont get a new Pay Pal account?????

When I sign up for my new Ebay account. If I dont get a pay pal account and just not use pay pal at all with that new ebay account.
Will Ebay find out who I am if I continue to use my old pay pal accounts for other things i do online that have nothing to do with Ebay??????????????????

Old 04-01-2008

you can't sell on ebay without offering paypal or a merchant account. they make you choose one or the other for new accounts.
Old 04-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by siashay View Post
What do you think? Is is wise to use one of my kids ssn for PP?
I don't want to take the chance of them having bad credit just in case.

But I guess all you would have to do is make sure that account is always in the positive and if something happened, I could call and say someone stole my kids ssn because they are 11 and 5 not old enough to open a pp account.

I don't know what do you think?
If it works, it's all fair if you're up to it.

The only issue you'll have is if like you said you go negative with Paypal.

And they'll let you know if you owe anything to them, especially if your SSN is tied to the account, trust me. You'll have people calling you everyday (credit agencies) wanting their money. But as long as you pay what you owe before it hits your kids credit, you're fine. OR!! Just don't let the account go negative and you're fine as well.

Good luck!
Old 04-01-2008

Does an 11 or 5 year old person even have a credit report? I think I saw ebayhateluv do this, you might want to ask her.
Old 04-30-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Instead, get a hold of a pre 11/2007 EBAY account that does not require PP, or create a real merchant account today and FAX the docs to EBAY when requested.
Hey Modee

I have an account that I opened in August 2006. After ebay suspended my other account, I started using that 2006 account. I never bought or sold anything through that account. Last week, I bought a simon's giftaccount to use with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name I had on that 2006 ebay account. After I list the 7th item, ebay asked to to link my paypal account to my ebay account. Do you think this was because that 2006 ebay account was not used as a seller account up until last week? And if we wanna get a pre 11/2007 ebay account, where can we get one from?
Old 05-01-2008

Hi, my ebay and paypal accts were suspended exactly 1 year ago. I have been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now. I never gave ebay or paypal my ssn, so i am wondering if I sign up for new accounts with them using my middle name instead of my first name, put in all new info for address, bank, cc, ip address, ph #, and verify paypal with bank acct and cc to lift $500 limit. I know they will eventually ask for my ssn, but since I never gave it to them and name is different to paypal but yet still matches ssn info, will that work. I know it is very common that people go by their middle name instead. What do you think?

If that doesn't work my father-in-law will let me use his name and ssn.
Old 06-09-2008

Default Not sure but...

Okay, I am not a newbie when it comes to PayPal but I also do not say I know everything. I also know a lot about the banking world, credit and so forth due to working in the industry for over a decade so here is some advise.

I have four PayPal account using the same address but different information. Non have my drivers license or social security number (we call it the SIN up here in Canada). PP has never asked me for my DL or SIN and my accounts are not limited. One account collects monthly membership fees, one account collects monthly service fees, one account is used for selling on eBay and one account is used to buy (but I go between the two pending different reasons).

I was pissed when eBay limited the selling of ebooks for that was what I listed a lot of in the past, ebooks. Made good money with it. Also went from subscriptions of 10/m to almost 1k/m with no problems. Most recent PP account was opened in Dec 07, with little sales. Sold ebooks with it and then nothing for 3 months. Now, for this month I rolled it up to almost 2k in 2 weeks without a peep from PP.

How did I do this? Well I registered the PP accounts as business accounts! Verified the bank accounts and gave the same CC on each one. Nothing stopped me, nothing is stopping me.

PP did ask for my SIN when I signed up and my reply was "According to the Canadian Privacy Act the Government of Canada expressly forbids the use of the Social Insurance Number for any online transactions. The SIN is used by the government to track its citizens and is private information not to be devulged to any third party". They backed down and my accounts are good. According to Canadian Law no company can demand your SIN or, in Ontario, they are not allowed to see our Ontario Hospital Insurance Plan card. So you can see how someone with a little knowledge can push then the right way.

Okay, for using someone else's SSN, do not do it. They can use the information to charge you with identity theft and seize all the funds you collected. You then may be facing Federal charges for falsification of information. The truth will always be your best partner with fighting the big guys. Also do a lot of research.

Think of this, when withdrawing funds from my PayPal account to my personal bank accounts I know that it only really should take one day after PayPal approves the transactions. The exchange is done through the EDI (Electronic Daily Interchange) system between Canada and the US. Study it by checking how fast the funds come out of your account when you decide to add money to your PayPal account. Interesting how the deposit takes 3 days longer, guess they need the money in their account or something.

Hope this part helps...

Doug
The Following User Says Thank You to daowen For This Useful Post:
CorrineK22 (06-06-2009)
Old 06-17-2008

Longevity: 99%

I only had 2 methods of verification w/o option from paypal-CC & Bank acct only.I sell on my website with no problems.I Only list auctions on ebay once or twice a month to drive more traffic to the site.If u don't give paypal any reason to suspect u, they won't.Besides,i generate X10 of the money i use to make on ebay from my website.U r in control w/o having to worry too much about ebay suspensions and paypal limitations or some stupid buyers & their feedback.In fact my numerous ebay buyers prefer to come to the website b/c i never list what i have there on ebay & shipping & other options are way better than what i have on ebay auctions.Life has never been this good.I get email from ebay everyday to come sell better by opening a store, but i'll rather use that money to boost up my site than give it to greedbay.If u have things that people want, they will follow u to the ends of the earth.Numerous emails from my ebay customers can attest to that.I used to make $1-$2K on ebay a month but now i earn at least $10,000 a month;I've quit my day job and can now concentrate on my business & going to med school.
My advice to u all, get a website and a merchant acct with paypal as an option.There are lots of free websites out there & cheap merchant accts,free google checkout as well.If i had this info 3 yrs ago, i would have been a millionaire by now, hopefully i'm getting there.
make a wise decision b/4 ebay gives u the boot.Its really not worth the stress.
Old 06-18-2008

I just made a new ebay and paypal account using my brothers information.I just switched the address around a little bit.I verified paypal with a new bank account and my bro's ss#. I have listed on ebay 2 phones one that sold for $10 and another for $300. I recieved the funds and paypal did not even hold the money and I had transfered most of the funds to my bank account.Ebay also did not even limit my account,I have 2 pos Feedbacks at the time of listing. So if you can use someones information that you know that is close to you than you should be good. I have made many ebay and paypal accounts and paypal always would limit it and ask for more information.
Old 08-24-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

My account got limited today and it's asking for a SSN... so should I message PP and tell them I don't want to give them my SSN?
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 90%

hi aspkin, can i use my son's SS# to set up account with ebay and PP? he has a different last name than i do. He's is TEN years old, will this be a proble when PP verifies SS #. Can I use a different address for Ebay and PP verification, like my husbands work address?