Paypal limited- can I link a new Paypal to eBay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Paypal limited- can I link a new Paypal to eBay account?

My eBay account is still working- 100% positive feedback, no claims, and it was opened in 2000- so I want to hang onto this eBay account!
The Paypal account was just limited, and they won't tell me why, but I assume I messed up somewhere and Paypal linked it to a previous banned account.
Sooo what do I do with the eBay account? Can I create a new Paypal account and link it up? Or is this eBay account trashed forever?
Thanks for your help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

No, you should sort the issues with your PP account, the longer you leave it then the harder it can be to sort PP out.

Once an account is flagged it is flagged for ever, eb ay an pay pal share information.

If you are linked to a suspended account, then your PP details need changing, but you need a PP account that will match your current ebay account details. If you understand what I am tying to say...

Wait to see what other people say...

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

They won't sort anything out. I called and talked to them, they won't say anything except they no longer wish to do business with me and they're holding $2K for 180 days. Since I have no negative feedback and no claims, and they never wanted me to verify anything or provide any documents- just- we want nothing to do with you!- I can only assume it was linked to a previously banned Paypal account.
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickJane View Post
They won't sort anything out. I called and talked to them, they won't say anything except they no longer wish to do business with me and they're holding $2K for 180 days. Since I have no negative feedback and no claims, and they never wanted me to verify anything or provide any documents- just- we want nothing to do with you!- I can only assume it was linked to a previously banned Paypal account.
If the reason is that your account has been linked to a previously suspended account then their is nothing you can do. Unless you sorted out the other suspended PP account first. Though I am guessing that is not an option.

Did you open this recently closed PP account as a stealth account?

If not then that is one of the things you will need to do to get back on PP, don't do it just yet, their are other very important steps you need to take to open a stealth PP account.

p.s. If you want to try and get your 2k out of PP before the 180 days, then read this recent thread.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...day-limit.html

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

@SlickJane - I know the feeling.

I have hept an eb ay account running with suspended pa yp al. Yes you CAN add pa yp al account.

BUT...is it worth it? NO - your new account(s) will ALWAYS be limited sooner or later and you won't be able to withdraw for 180 days. Not worth the hassle unless...well...you can deal with money being stuck. Just my wise contribution on this.
Old 04-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you for that link! That was extremely interesting.
I don't think there is any sorting out the previously suspended PP account. I had gigantic ebay fees I didn't pay, & the associated pp account probably went negative. The new pp acct was given to me by a family member, so it's somebody's real name and info, just not mine.
I suppose I can offer another method of payment for buyers, or I can change my IP, clear cookies, and create a new stealth PP account. And just know that it will probably get limited eventually anyway, but it's better than just trashing this nice account from 2000. Right?
Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Another method of payment is a solid idea if you can coax your buyers to use it.
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
The new pp acct was given to me by a family member, so it's somebody's real name and info, just not mine.
Hmmm, do they share any similar information to you that was used on the other suspended account? PP and EB will suspend and limit other family members using similar details.

Quote:
I suppose I can offer another method of payment for buyers
Are you still talking about your current e bay account. If so have you tried listing anything, I am pretty sure you need PP for every listing these days, it will not let you list using a limited PP account in the PP email box either.

You could open another PP account and link that but as rsot said, sooner or later they will find you and limit you again.

Quote:
I can change my IP, clear cookies, and create a new stealth PP account. And just know that it will probably get limited eventually anyway
You may have to start from the bottom before you reach the top again

But if you learn from previous mistakes then nothing is going to stop you, if you get knocked back again, keep going!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 01:20 PM.