Legit Paypal account gets limited, decision to close final - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Legit Paypal account gets limited, decision to close final

I made a legitimate paypal account with all of my real information and it still got limited. I thought, alright, this happens to everybody. So I added my bank account, confirmed location, and provided tracking for the 2 items that I sold. One day later (today) I received this email:
We appreciate your interest in PayPal. Unfortunately our decision to close
your account is final.

PayPal reserves the right to close any account reported to be involved in
possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute,
PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal
balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance,
PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal
means.

Due to the potential risk of chargebacks or other action filed by buyers,
your balance will be held 180 days from the date of your limitation. At
that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal.

Thanks,

PayPal

What was the problem? I don't understand how they can close a legitimate account like that.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

this is why were all in this forum.....many people have been treated so badly by ebay/paypal and thats why were all here to share information and beat their unfair system!
Old 04-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

you right imakemoney. we just got to stay ahead of ebay/paypal . help each other out .
i hav serval accounts closd for same reason even with sending id and ssn. just open a new stealth and keep going . good luck
Old 04-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

would calling them help? they called a couple of days ago to get some information on the account and recent transactions, and I provided them with everything that they asked over the phone. It was actually a pleasant conversation. If I called to get my money out early or to get my account reinstated what should I say? I dont want to add my real ssn to that account if its just going to stay limited. then i'd be even more screwed then I am now.
Old 04-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

they said their decision is final....and with my experience they've never gone back on a decision such as this.

So I guess that answers your question sorry...
Old 04-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Legit or stealth does not matter. If you use paypal, that's the chance you take.

A permanent limitation in such a short time suggests to me you really annoyed them.

1st error I see is that you used paypal without having the account fully verified.
Is that correct?
That leads me to think you may have been selling high risk items, say over $150, and paypal decided to protect themselves.

If any of that rings a bell, then for your next attempt you need to approach paypal in a much different way.
Sorry I can not be more encouraging
happywheels1234 (04-23-2011)
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 75%
Post Paypal closed my account and mysisters

This is the story. I had paypal in 2010, and I started selling, verified first and slowly. The one day out of the blue, they limit my account, I provide all the information asked, and then they close it. I opened another one, and it worked great for 8 months, and then they closed that too. Now I am trying to get the documents on how they came to their conclusion to close the account and not do business with me. They told me the only way to receive those documents was to file a subpoena, and I can't afford a lawyer. The reason they are giving me is that "my business model (i.e; items I was selling) was not safe for ebay. Now they will not do business with me, and will not let me take any action to repeal this decision, and will not give me a real answer as to why the accounts were shut down. Any help in moving this issue forward would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you cannot force them by law to deal with you, they will give a vague reason anyhow, so why bother, you must know what risk factors they mean, it is either type of goods or volume usually, unless there is another reason such as for example you are based somewhere other than you are claiming to be, and they know this by ip tracking etc, or you have had complaints..you may not agree with the decision but you must work out how not to repeat it if you sign up again with stealth...