Will I get Limited? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Will I get Limited?

I just legitimately sold an item on PayPal for $460. My account is recently made and isn't verified. When the buyer sends the $ I am planning on immediately sending it all to another PayPal (used by another legit person) that is very old and goes through a lot of funds.

Because I am so new is there a large chance Paypal will limit me for a high fee? I tried to keep it under $500...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2011

Longevity: 75%

Hang on to it for a few days

Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Hang on to it for a few days

Ok, so if i immediately send funds it will look suspicious? Like if I set up a "send money" thing as a gift and when i click send there is still a chance at my limitation or will it go through regardless? I ask this because I am closing this account after sending it anyways.

Oh, also though I am unverified I have a creditcard linked so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Regardless, thanks for the quick reply. I am just impatient but I guess waiting a few days would be better

EDIT: Oh if the PayPal that I am sending the funds too gets limited it isn't a big deal because that account is 100% limited and can be proven will a SSN or photo ID.
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Ok, so if i immediately send funds it will look suspicious? Like if I set up a "send money" thing as a gift and when i click send there is still a chance at my limitation or will it go through regardless? I ask this because I am closing this account after sending it anyways.

Oh, also though I am unverified I have a creditcard linked so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Regardless, thanks for the quick reply. I am just impatient but I guess waiting a few days would be better

EDIT: Oh if the PayPal that I am sending the funds too gets limited it isn't a big deal because that account is 100% limited and can be proven will a SSN or photo ID.
Should be fine man. In the U.S. I sent up to $800 at a time as gifts for transferring. No problems with that. I don't suggest writing anything in the gift box or changing the subject though. Could cause review.
Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimaru17 View Post
Should be fine man. In the U.S. I sent up to $800 at a time as gifts for transferring. No problems with that. I don't suggest writing anything in the gift box or changing the subject though. Could cause review.
Ok, thanks!
Old 07-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Vendetta I wouldn't send the funds over right away, as that WILL most likely place the funds under review, and possibly a limitation. Wait for a few days before touching it.
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Vendetta I wouldn't send the funds over right away, as that WILL most likely place the funds under review, and possibly a limitation. Wait for a few days before touching it.
It seems that the only time mine got under review was the first time when I was under verify identity which I did later and I put something in the note box. After that it was smooth sailing until I got limited (because of ebay).

Oh and by the way I usually sent the funds out within hours or immediately because I was always afraid of having the account limited with funds inside the account.

But this is America and the paypal risk for review may be different here.

Last edited by Shikimaru17; 07-05-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@Shikimaru17,

Then you have been lucky.

Each transaction differs.
OP needs to be aware there is a possibility of a limitation.
He should heed the advice given.
Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
eBay just suspended me?
Under: MC115

I don't even understand why?

"Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. "

I was legitimately selling an item? Wtf.
I am an idiot

Read my post below.

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-05-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hmm I have a 3 year old account I am going to re-try this with.
Wow, I am pretty stupid. I didn't get suspended. I logged into the wrong gmail and thought I did. Silly me.

I still want to transfer this money when I receive it today though but I guess I should wait.

I know I asked this before but I want to re-ask it as i didn't get a direct answer.
When I receive the money when I click "send" to the other PayPal will it limit me right then and there and will the transaction not go through? Or will I get limited later on? I ask this because I do not care if I get limited later on as I am finished with the PayPal after I send the money. So if I can get away with sending the money (and it going through) then getting limited it is fine with me. But if I will get limited and it will not allow the transaction to go through then I will wait.

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Also aim for a nice period of day to send if you wish to.
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Wow, I am pretty stupid. I didn't get suspended. I logged into the wrong gmail and thought I did. Silly me.

I still want to transfer this money when I receive it today though but I guess I should wait.

I know I asked this before but I want to re-ask it as i didn't get a direct answer.
When I receive the money when I click "send" to the other PayPal will it limit me right then and there and will the transaction not go through? Or will I get limited later on? I ask this because I do not care if I get limited later on as I am finished with the PayPal after I send the money. So if I can get away with sending the money (and it going through) then getting limited it is fine with me. But if I will get limited and it will not allow the transaction to go through then I will wait.
Haha, we all make mistakes. Well the thing is what I would be more worried about since you don't care too much about the outcome of the account is whether or not the transaction will go through. You may not got limited but the transaction may still get reviewed. Although if it's reviewed that doesn't mean it's gone, you still have a chance. Although your legit account might suffer. Good luck. If it does get put on hold for review, possibly Friday afternoon would be a good time to try it.
Old 07-05-2011

I would definitely say do NOT send as a gift. That is unless you are a Kamikaze pilot - then you will get your wish and become a divine wind that just blows away - but it's up to you of course

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Vendetta (07-05-2011)
Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimaru17 View Post
Haha, we all make mistakes. Well the thing is what I would be more worried about since you don't care too much about the outcome of the account is whether or not the transaction will go through. You may not got limited but the transaction may still get reviewed. Although if it's reviewed that doesn't mean it's gone, you still have a chance. Although your legit account might suffer. Good luck. If it does get put on hold for review, possibly Friday afternoon would be a good time to try it.
Hmm... I received the payment just now. I have $450 sitting in my account. I have shipped the item that the buyer bought from eBay though I have one problem. I sent the shipment as regular mail and I reviewed the payment and I had promised to send it as express with tracking and I completely forgot.

Unfortunately, I can't provide it now. I still need to send the buyer a message and I don't know what to do. I want to get rid of the money (send it to the other account) as quick as possible. I want to send it but I don't want a transaction review. Hmm the poster above me said do not send as gift. I am guessing maybe service would be more appropriate?

Will Paypal bot automatically set the transaction for review or does it have to be by a human? It would be withdrawn to bank immediately once sent...

Gahhhh advice anyone :/

(The paypal who would receive the payment has been used many times and never had any problems so I don't think it would be suspicious.)
Old 07-05-2011

No one on here can answer that with any certainty - we can only give you the benefit of our experience.

With respect to you, you have acted like a prat, and now you are looking to sort it out.

You've come this far you might as well just transfer it and hope for the best

If you are going to play in the stealth game you have to become much more disciplined and get with the programme. This is not the way to succeed in the long term

Good luck with it

Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No one on here can answer that with any certainty - we can only give you the benefit of our experience.

With respect to you, you have acted like a prat, and now you are looking to sort it out.

You've come this far you might as well just transfer it and hope for the best

If you are going to play in the stealth game you have to become much more disciplined and get with the programme. This is not the way to succeed in the long term

Good luck with it

Yes. I completely see how I should of over-all handled the situation better and I have acted completely stupidly. Anyways, I really appreciate all the help you and other posters in this thread have given me! I definitely would of
messed up this situation if I handled it without the help of you guys.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Vendetta; 07-05-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Hmm... Would this be a wiser course of action: ?
The PayPal I plan to send the money too has a eBay as-well (a very old used one too) if that eBay made a listing for the money and I purchased it would that be a more effective way to transfer the funds?
Old 07-05-2011

It would also cost you 10% but if you can stand giving Ebay 10% it's a good move

Old 07-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It would also cost you 10% but if you can stand giving Ebay 10% it's a good move

Thanks again Granny.

I will be planning on doing this! Appreciate the help.
Old 07-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Thanks again Granny.

I will be planning on doing this! Appreciate the help.
then if you APPRECIATE the help, hit the THANKS button.

Talk's cheap. Thanks