everybody thats had a 180 day hold with a stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default everybody thats had a 180 day hold with a stealth account

iv been reading through the forums, and noticed people getting banned and a 180 day hold with a stealth account - WHY?

the whole point of a stealth account is to not be caught out. so why is everyone getting suspended and a 180 day hold?

are you getting greedy with dodgy vero items, or are peoples accounts some how getting linked (forgetting to change ip etc)

or do stealth accounts just not work or something.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

Thay Get Limited Because Thay Sell Vero Item Or Sell Too Much Item Within The First Month Or Thay Get Link With Old Ebay Account

I Have a Account That 1 Year Old Still Runing

The Following User Says Thank You to Gangster878 For This Useful Post:
mistieleigh (09-24-2011)
Old 09-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

It depends on what you do to your account
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

for example, i make a stealth account - i do everything right, no vero, no high risk items, never ever logging into an old ebay or paypal account not even checking the old email accounts associated with the old ebay and paypal accounts.. i provide documents required if by chance they were to limit me. (obviously they will be altered to my ebay name)

i would only have 2 ebay accounts (in the same name and details) linked to the same paypal account

items sold would be would be for example none branded fancy dress

in theory i should in no way get limited - am i correct in thinking this?
Old 09-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistieleigh View Post
in theory i should in no way get limited - am i correct in thinking this?
Only in your dreams. And dreams like that turn bad quickly.

You've some assumptions that are not quite right. Amend them and you might have a better approach.

None of your posts takes into account TWO critical factors, viz, the buyer AND the reaction of paypal to any problem(s). Throw into the mix ebay's part and the result is problems with accounts.

Dont be pointing fingers at stealth users when you have no idea of the reasons of limitation. Every case differs.
GTB (09-23-2011)
Old 09-24-2011
Threadstarter  

im not trying to point fingers at anybody, im just trying to find out reasons why i may become suspended or limited if i were to make a stealth account.

(which i am still going to do - i just have to wait a couple of weeks until i move house - so i will have access to a mail box)

i asked " in theory i should in no way get limited - am i correct in thinking this? "

yes my assumptions are a bit much with the above quote admittedly.

what i meant was - this would minimize the chance of becoming suspended or limited, to the same chance of an average user.

all i am trying to do is find out whether a stealth eBay account is the same a NEW normal genuine user of eBay ( do they have the same chance of becoming limited )

i did not mention anything to do with buyers opening disputes etc and paypal reacting badly because of this.. as i already know the risks of one bad buyer who wants a free item so decided to open a dispute etc.
Old 09-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

did not say that though... I see where you are coming from, of course.

It's like this, the account is just an ebay/paypal account which by also happens to be stealth. This is the 1st thing to understand. It's still an account for ebay & paypal. 'Stealth' is just a title forced upon you.
Provided the account is made and operated to the best of the seller's ability, there is every reason to think it would be successful.

Not a given because of ebay/paypal, of course. We do hear of users with legit accounts poorly treated.