Paypal Account(s) Limited - Need some advice PLEASE - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal Account(s) Limited - Need some advice PLEASE

(If you get bored easily, please just read the bold section at the bottom. I know this is a lengthy post, but I definitely need the advice.)

Hey guys, i've been reading for a few weeks now but haven't actually registered until today... thought it would take a few weeks to be approved to post, but luckily this is not the case.

First Account: I had two Ebay accounts linked to my own personal Paypal account. It was a business verified account. I typically only sell baseball / sports cards on Ebay, but when the HP Touchpad fiasco occurred I bought / resold ~70 of those. 64 of the transactions went smoothly, but for 6, cases were filed. The problem with that was, that I actually didn't have the cash on hand for that number of cases.

Ebay suspended me and I became Paypal Limited. I was absolutely devastated, because while uploading most of the 10 documents Paypal had asked me for:

Date Sent Type of Documents File Title
Sep 18, 2011 Photo ID license.jpg
Sep 18, 2011 Proof Of SSN ssn.jpg
Sep 18, 2011 Bank Statement bank statement.jpg
Sep 18, 2011 Proof Of Address address proof.jpg
Sep 18, 2011 Bank Statement bank statement.jpg

(PLUS Invoices, etc. that I never got the chance to upload)

I received information that my appeal had been rejected. Luckily for me, I don't actually have any money being held... in fact, I have a negative account balance.

My girlfriend lives in a different city about 3 hours from my previous one, so I moved in with her temporarily (we've been dating for quite a while, so this is luckily no problem at all... in fact, she loves having me around for now, haha)
and started using her Ebay / Paypal account to sell. Well, the Ebay account was shut down almost immediately (I had no clue Ebay did IP tracking) but the Paypal account stayed active. I've sold about $1000 dollars worth of cards in the past week through online forums.

Well, today her account became limited. I'm almost 100% sure that it is due to the fact that I've been selling quite a few high dollar items, and is unrelated to account linkages.

All I have to provide are: Proof of Address, Supplier Contact Info, Invoices, and Proof of Delivery. Proof of Address and Proof of Delivery are easy, as I fully intend to deliver these items (some have been already). I also have purchased $10,000 in cases of baseball cards from a reputable distributor within the past 2 months.

Here's my issue. (START READING HERE IF YOU GET BORED EASILY!)

The distributor has sent me a mock invoice, but it includes MY information and shipping address, NOT my girlfriend's. It is a simple word document that I can edit, and it's possible that my distributor would not even mind (he's very easy to get a hold of and took care of all of my needs by getting me the invoice). What I really want to know, is, is that even NECESSARY? Can I just get my girlfriend to give them some story saying that she was selling the cards for a friend but that we do have the invoices and fully intend to pay taxes on them? What is the likelihood that they will even follow up on the invoices?

For what it's worth, I will definitely be purchasing the stealth guide soon, but I have very limited access to funds currently, so this is my best attempt. Any advice would be much appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

send them what they ask for, so making the address details match the account holder would be ideal - do not give them some long explanation. They look at it, have a scratch and then decide whether to let it through or not, its just routine. Do they follow up on invoices? sometimes, but I think it is more about if the invoice and its details, goods and prices, look real and plausible. If they object to your risks eg goods, volume, registration info, they may deny anyway, regardless of what you send....Good luck.
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 76%

to help you better, what do you sell, and we can easily tell you if you should waste your time or not
Old 09-27-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
send them what they ask for, so making the address details match the account holder would be ideal - do not give them some long explanation. They look at it, have a scratch and then decide whether to let it through or not, its just routine. Do they follow up on invoices? sometimes, but I think it is more about if the invoice and its details, goods and prices, look real and plausible. If they object to your risks eg goods, volume, registration info, they may deny anyway, regardless of what you send....Good luck.
Thanks for the reply! Essentially, that was where I was leading as well.

Another question for whomever:

I don't really want to drag my girlfriend into this at all, is there any way that the Paypal representatives may allow me to speak on her behalf on the telephone? It would be much easier for me to handle than for her to do so.
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

They may allow it if she speaks first, and says that she is selling them on your behalf, and could you continue with the conversation.

Dont know if it is any good, but there is voice changer software out there, screaming bee and audacity..think you can do it via voip too..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-28-2011 at 06:12 AM.