eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal limited on 2 year old charge back!!! Help!!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/37260-paypal-limited-2-year-old-charge-back-help.html)

Bobby 09-28-2011 10:00 AM

Paypal limited on 2 year old charge back!!! Help!!!

Morning guys,

Here goes...

I used to own a business up until Oct 2009. I sold a product to a guy in Sept 09 and shipped it out. I close my business, close my paypal account the end of October 2009. Yesterday 2 years later I get this email:

"We need your help resolving an issue with your account. To give us time to
work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your
account until the issue is resolved.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal
account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as
quickly as possible.

What's the problem?

It looks like you've been having some customer service issues. A few of
your buyers have contacted us to let us know that they never received their
merchandise or there was a problem with the merchandise they received.

Right now, we're looking into the problem transaction(s). You may be able
to help us resolve this by:

1. Making sure your PayPal account has enough money in it to cover any
pending refunds.
2. Sending an email to PayPal authorizing us to refund your dissatisfied
buyer(s). To do this, click Help at the top of any page and then choose
Contact Us".

So I call them obviously. They say this guy filed a chargeback in DEC 2009 for $1700.00 on the item. I had closed the account and business so I never received anything from them to fight the charge back etc. It took them 2 years to match up my new account to the old one. So now i'm limited my account has $1200 in it that is now held. I called, I yelled, I even asked for a payment plan and they won't budge!!! Nothing like having to pay money you don't owe!!!!

Any help?

ty

Bobby 09-29-2011 06:11 PM

Any comments?

Bobby 09-29-2011 06:12 PM

I was able to get the $1200 out of my account via refunding a friend I do business with. I can refund but can't buy.

Bunneh 09-29-2011 06:35 PM

Sorry i am confused at what question you are asking here, are you asking about your limited account or were you only worried about the finds that were held?
or are you just worried that you cant use paypal to purchase anymore?

Anyways, Why the chargeback ??Did you mail the buyers item out? If so, I would assume with the value of the item that you mailed it with a tracking number? Hopefully you still have that.
(I never throw mine away!!)

I know that if you dont pay paypal back they will send out collections to get it from you which will probably eventually effect your credit rating and make it harder for you to obtain credit in the future..

If you do have proof of postage, then when paypal do hand you over to a debt collector, you can provide the proof to them and the debt collecter will just return the claim back to ebay/paypal.

Bobby 09-29-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 273465)
Sorry i am confused at what question you are asking here, are you asking about your limited account or were you only worried about the finds that were held?
or are you just worried that you cant use paypal to purchase anymore?

Anyways, Why the chargeback ??Did you mail the buyers item out? If so, I would assume with the value of the item that you mailed it with a tracking number? Hopefully you still have that.
(I never throw mine away!!)

I know that if you dont pay paypal back they will send out collections to get it from you which will probably eventually effect your credit rating and make it harder for you to obtain credit in the future..

If you do have proof of postage, then when paypal do hand you over to a debt collector, you can provide the proof to them and the debt collecter will just return the claim back to ebay/paypal.

Thanks for the reply. I live in Canada not sure if that matters in terms of collections. Yes it was mailed out. I closed that business and have no clue how to track down a 2 year old # not to mention i'm 1 armed at the moment after nerve damage in my right arm last year. I guess my questions are:

1) Time frame does not matter in these matters? The fact it took 2 years for them to piece it together i'm still on the hook?

2) Will they ever allow a payment plan for the $1700 they feel I owe? The negative balance in in an old account I have not used and has been closed for 2 years!!!

ty

GrannyT 09-30-2011 03:32 AM

See an attorney

Chargeback after 2 years? I don't think so

GreenBean 09-30-2011 03:32 AM

Screenshot of the paypal notice would be nice.....very nice.

You might be in a corner :boink:

rsot 09-30-2011 06:11 AM

So you have already called them up and tried to reason with them?

Bobby 09-30-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 273559)
See an attorney

Chargeback after 2 years? I don't think so

Well the chargeback was done back in 2009. But they didn't attach it to me until last week. I guess they matched my name on old closed account to my new and in good standing 1. :mad2:

Bobby 09-30-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 273582)
So you have already called them up and tried to reason with them?

Yes 5 times. They are like robots at paypal.

GreenBean 09-30-2011 08:52 AM

Have you access to any old records or info from 2009?

You sure as hell are going to need them.

Bobby 09-30-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 273617)
Have you access to any old records or info from 2009?

You sure as hell are going to need them.

No.

So basically i'm screwed :rant:. Anyone successful getting a payment plan?

rsot 09-30-2011 11:38 AM

Wait - you reused old info for a new account? Then no doubt they have linked you. Very rough to fight pp without an attorney or something - if your new pp is important to you then deal with the cost but I still think you will be stuck in limitation for a long time. Best to drop it.

GrannyT 09-30-2011 11:42 AM

So it's not a chargeback after two years - it's that they have caught up with you after two years

Bobby 09-30-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 273664)
So it's not a chargeback after two years - it's that they have caught up with you after two years

I guess that's how you can look at it. The thing is I closed that paypal account when I closed the business so I was never allowed to defend the claim, send shipping info etc. Now 2 years later they come at me...

I used same Name on my new account since I had nothing to hide.

rsot 09-30-2011 12:31 PM

Yeah then the issue at hand is 1. will they take you to collections for the amount owed under your real name? (Yes they can - been proved a lot around) 2. will they reinstate your new account if you pay off the balance? Knowing pp and their screwy ways...I would NOT bank on it.

All in all, you are forced to go stealth to keep operating is the way I see it.

GrannyT 09-30-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby (Post 273667)
I used same Name on my new account since I had nothing to hide.

Actually Bobby - you did

Bobby 09-30-2011 12:58 PM

LOL! No, when I opened the new account I knew nothing of the chargeback. So why would I hide? I had closed the paypal, email etc of the old business. I knew nothing of the chargeback.

GrannyT 09-30-2011 01:11 PM

Phew - what a bummer

Listen to RSOT and his last post on this and then make your decisions

GreenBean 09-30-2011 05:21 PM

Anyone with a business would keep ALL records for 7 years after its closure. Does not matter what country you live in but that's a sensible way to control your affairs.

I can see a few oops in what has happened. :spy:

Bobby 09-30-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 273742)
Anyone with a business would keep ALL records for 7 years after its closure. Does not matter what country you live in but that's a sensible way to control your affairs.

I can see a few oops in what has happened. :spy:

Yes I made a mistake here not keeping all my tracking #'s. I may have it somewhere but i'm currently operating at 50% with only 1 working arm. Was hit by a transport truck last summer. Not saying i've done everything right here. Just trying to do whats best with the situation.

GreenBean 09-30-2011 05:54 PM

Sorry to hear about that accident. Look towards finding what you can for down the track :)