could paypal permanent limitation cause ebay suspension? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-08-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Red face could paypal permanent limitation cause ebay suspension?

I really wish someone can give me a straight answer on if paypal permanent limitation could cause ebay suspension?

The paypal permanent limitation was totally none-ebay related. my ebay account is a well established totally legit top rated seller account.

on a side note, how can we print out the ebay steal ebook. the print button was mute.

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Yes, eBay can restrict/suspend your account due to a nonstanding Paypal account.

You cannot print the Stealth Book due to protections
Old 03-08-2012
Threadstarter  

urg... that's no fun.... If i contact paypal to remove the suspended account as my ebay shipping label funding source, will they report it to ebay that have my account suspended? i know it does not sound like a smart question, but i am desparate to find some comforting answers. not able to print shipping label on ebay is a pain ine th a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Yes, eBay can restrict/suspend your account due to a nonstanding Paypal account.
Old 03-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

no point contacting paypal to remove the link to ebay... I highly doubt they will help you!
You can do it yourself, by clicking Account tab>>then paypal account,
and remove the old one and put a new paypal email address in there?

But from experience the link will still be there to the old paypal account, even though you can use a new paypal account now, and if you log onto a new paypal account from the same PC as the limited one was on, then it will just get limited as well... so make sure you clear cookies, change IP etc..

Also, Ebay might reduce your selling limits because of the old limited account, and then review it after 90 days, when they may increase them depending on your seller performance.

Last edited by Bunneh; 03-08-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckup2012 View Post
I really wish someone can give me a straight answer on if paypal permanent limitation could cause ebay suspension?

The paypal permanent limitation was totally none-ebay related. my ebay account is a well established totally legit top rated seller account.

on a side note, how can we print out the eBay Stealth ebook. the print button was mute.

Thank you
If we could say for sure we would.

Sometimes the ebay remains OK.
Other times it does not.

Always depends on the situation of each account.
Do not 'fiddle' with your account by touching labels etc.

stealth does not print out.
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

I called ebay and they said I can login paypal to remove it as the funding source for Ebay shipping label. Where the heck is that! I searched everywhere, and there is absolutely no place to fix it. I contacted an ebay seller that posted the same question at the ebay forum, and he said the only way to fix it is to call paypal and let them do it. hence my concern... if i tell them, hey, this is my ebay account that's related to this suspended paypal account, will they report to ebay and ask ebay to suspend my account?

i hope i am making myself clear.

i had the same paypal account in good standing for many years. but my ssn was used in a different account that i used back in college, which was permanently suspended. the two accounts were linked since day one and they never suspeded the second and i totally forgot about the first suspension. and i was trying to add some new services to my second paypal account, which triggered the whole thing. (banging my head on the desk.. why did i do that...) they figured out i had a permanent suspension and closed my second account. i am worried sick that i would lose my ebay account too. i was able to quit my job because i have it and it's doing so well....

anyway, time to read the book. i appreciate you guys' help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
no point contacting paypal to remove the link to ebay... I highly doubt they will help you!
You can do it yourself, by clicking Account tab>>then paypal account,
and remove the old one and put a new paypal email address in there?

But from experience the link will still be there to the old paypal account, even though you can use a new paypal account now, and if you log onto a new paypal account from the same PC as the limited one was on, then it will just get limited as well... so make sure you clear cookies, change IP etc..

Also, Ebay might reduce your selling limits because of the old limited account, and then review it after 90 days, when they may increase them depending on your seller performance.

Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks greenbean.

I think i should just give up on fixing this ebay funding source issue and live with it. stamps.com is a good alternative on printing shipping labels.

Thank you for your time!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
If we could say for sure we would.

Sometimes the ebay remains OK.
Other times it does not.

Always depends on the situation of each account.
Do not 'fiddle' with your account by touching labels etc.

stealth does not print out.
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 84%

the answer is definitely yes from my experience, i had a PERFECT none stealth ebay account with 1000,s of feedback and no bad feedback to speak of, i also used paypal to accept payment from one of my websites.

Had a couple of buyer problems from sales from the website and paypal was limited, 1 week later eBay suspended AND blocked my eBay account PERMANENTLY
The Following User Says Thank You to they_screwed_me_too For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-09-2012)