Paypal issues to deal with limitation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-18-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Paypal issues to deal with limitation

I read the stealth guide but it did not specify the exact # of requirements you gotta get past to lift the limits on a New PP account.
I've waited about a year to let this PP account mature and have about 1K (now frozen) from ebay selling.

Did step #1) confirmed cc with 2 small deposits
step #2) credit card statement -- this account is stealth so I can't fax in a bank statement
step #3) phone verification/location -- this step I made a stupid mistake because the stealth info is in a different state than the number I used to verify -- so now PP says they will mail a "letter" to the **** address.
step #4) linking bank account -- I can do this later.

***My question is how many of the four above steps do I need to complete to be able to withdraw funds ? Are all four steps required? Or can I just link my bank account and that is sufficient to withdraw funds immediately? Please help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Paypal Limited: how to resolve issues

So far after reading a lot of these update posts I am confused on getting a fresh new PP past the initial withdraw/send limits..Do you need 2 steps (1)link a bank account and (#2) verify w/ CC..or do you also need to verify with phone and send in a CC statement?
Old 01-18-2013

Longevity: 67%

99% of PP problems derive from Human Error.

How long has your account been frozen/limited?

Most likely your account will be limited for 180 days and then you can withdraw your funds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
I read the stealth guide but it did not specify the exact # of requirements you gotta get past to lift the limits on a New PP account.
I've waited about a year to let this PP account mature and have about 1K (now frozen) from ebay selling.

Please help.
What is the actual notice? Did paypal say we have concerns for safety or something else?

Although you say the account was a year old, was there any sort of activity before you tried to receive funds? Did that balance come in over several transactions or just one?
hapajenn1 (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yes both steps help for security - bank to VERIFY, cc to CONFIRM.
Old 01-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Yes both steps help for security - bank to VERIFY, cc to CONFIRM.
Yes I know that both steps help for security but for the initial lifting to withdraw/deposit to bank acct -- how many things does PP require (my PP has three checkmarks for: small deposits to CC, bank statement documents, phone verification) For my legit PP I lifted those limits many years ago I don't remember how many steps I went through...for the New PP accts do you have to do all three steps (small deposits to CC, bank statement documents, phone verification) before you can deposit to your BA? Help please I am so confused

Last edited by hapajenn1; 01-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hapajenn1 For This Useful Post:
epain (01-19-2013)
Old 01-18-2013
Threadstarter  

While on the topic of depositing to the BA on file -- after the 180 day hold does it still require you to submit info like phone verif, etc.? Can you deposit to the BA you enter, even without lifting any of the limit requirements?
Old 01-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
How long has your account been frozen/limited?
I did not get an official email from PP or Ebay for any sort of suspension, this is for the steps to lift the limits. I have not entered any info on this PP yet (BA, phone verif, etc.) But I did sell off-and-on for the past year and it accumulated to about 1K total...Then when I went to relist items I got hit with the "you cannot sell on this PP email address" message on Ebay.
So technically the PP is not frozen, I just cannot send money or do anything with it.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-18-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What is the actual notice? Did paypal say we have concerns for safety or something else?

Although you say the account was a year old, was there any sort of activity before you tried to receive funds? Did that balance come in over several transactions or just one?
This is the stuff PP requires for their "limitation review" on new PP -- It was one of the PP+Ebay packages I bought on this forum..The requirements were set-in on PP on March 2011 but I kept selling on the linked Ebay seller account (hence why the account is a year old). The 1K balance came in over many small transactions of the stuff I sold on the seller account..
Old 01-20-2013
Threadstarter  

For the drivers license part, do you just send in the frontside of the drivers license or also the backside?
Old 01-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
For the drivers license part, do you just send in the frontside of the drivers license or also the backside?
Paypal usually only request the front of the DL. Ebay request front and back. This is certainly the case in the UK.

OP, as others have said this is not normal procedure for Paypal. Something you have done has triggered this request for ID. Is the address used a "real" address? Have you set up other stealth accounts with similar details? You may be getting linked to another account and Paypal want to know more info about you.
Old 01-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
For the drivers license part, do you just send in the front side of the drivers license or also the backside?

Last USA requests I have handled needed front and back of the license.

Notice normally says what is needed.

Old 01-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Yes I know that both steps help for security but for the initial lifting to withdraw/deposit to bank acct -- how many things does PP require (my PP has three checkmarks for: small deposits to CC, bank statement documents, phone verification) For my legit PP I lifted those limits many years ago I don't remember how many steps I went through...for the New PP accts do you have to do all three steps (small deposits to CC, bank statement documents, phone verification) before you can deposit to your BA? Help please I am so confused
Current pp policy is to do small deposits to your bank account to verify (2 small deposits). If you add a cc, when you confirm the cc you will be charged 1.95 (pp.com test charge). Then you provide the 4 digit code generate.

You do need a phone on file but they may or may not call you.

For bank deposits, you only need your bank to be verified....and the deposit to go through (account not limited). The cc and phone are not part of the process. The cc helps for increasing receiving limits on the account.
Old 01-20-2013
Threadstarter  

Update: Had to get creative with some of the docs .......
Since I used vanilla visa for the CC ( 2 small deposits ) part and vanilla visa has a 2020 (or 2019) expiration I can't use that for the CC statement. Theres no legit CC from a real bank with such a far away exp date in 2020. So now I have to get creative with a made up one.
Working on the ID part now wish me luck.

Does it make any difference to Fax PP or to use the submit via PP (just by uploading onto PP without Fax)? Since the stupid stealth info I bought from somebody here is all out of state it makes it such a hassle to keep masking the steps with an out of state area code.

Last edited by hapajenn1; 01-20-2013 at 01:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hapajenn1 For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (01-21-2013)