Opening LOTS of bank accounts can get you banned from opening ANY accounts! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%

why are you guys concerned about opening checking accounts, which will mess up your chexsystems file? just use savings accounts for paypal.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2008

Longevity: 93%

The issue I was talking about is that whenever you open a checking account it hits your chexsystems, so anyone who sees the report will see that you are opening and closing all these accounts and wonder what is going on.

Savings accounts AFAIK aren't reported when you open them, only if there is problematic activity.
Old 08-10-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I have 42 open bank accounts right now. And about, guessing ...15-20 closed ones? Closed meaning PayPal suspended them, so they're worthless. I just haven't bothered closing them.

I have them all spread out at around 8 different banks, though. Some are in my wife's name, some in mine. No problems here.
Weird stuff though. like they phone you every time you get a transfer in from PayPal (PayPal are in Singapore for Japanese account). Why have you received this money?

Oh OK, have a nice day then....

Any of your accounts are with net banks, imjustme? Sony seems good.
Old 08-12-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
ING is apparently no longer allowing deposits into their accounts unless the ACH deposit name matches the account holder. I believe this a reaction to too many people opening accounts with them and using them just for PayPal verification, and so on.

So, there are system wide repercussions to playing this game.
This is not true I have successfully completed this the other day.
Old 08-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by azubu View Post
Weird stuff though. like they phone you every time you get a transfer in from PayPal (PayPal are in Singapore for Japanese account). Why have you received this money?

Oh OK, have a nice day then....

Any of your accounts are with net banks, imjustme? Sony seems good.
They never call me when I transfer.
Old 08-12-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion View Post
The issue I was talking about is that whenever you open a checking account it hits your chexsystems, so anyone who sees the report will see that you are opening and closing all these accounts and wonder what is going on.

Savings accounts AFAIK aren't reported when you open them, only if there is problematic activity.
Can someone confirm this? Also how can we check our own chexsystem report? Or only the banks can check it?
The Following User Says Thank You to 0804 For This Useful Post:
Slindamo23 (11-15-2013)
Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Default Be careful of opening up too many checkings/savings accounts with too many banks

A couple of the banks I do business with closed all my accounts this past week (CitiBank & Wells Fargo). What happened is that Chexsystems called all my banks and told them that I had opened up accounts with several different banks. Big Brother is always watching so be careful if you are taking this approach. My branch manager at Wells Fargo said that it happened because of banks being concerned about check kiting. Anyway, I reopened up ING this past week and already got the money out of those Paypals that were connected to CitiBank and Wells Fargo without a problem.

Finally found a really good merchant account so I'm going to begin phasing Paypal out by the end of March. Tired of doing business with The Beast.
Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

jadester,
It is really a pity that you did not bother about trying to find a merchant account earlier.
You could have saved a lot of problems for yourself.Good luck with the merchant account. DO try to pay attention next round when you get advice from people.
Old 02-07-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0804 View Post
Can someone confirm this? Also how can we check our own chexsystem report? Or only the banks can check it?

I know this question is old but since it hasn't been answered, here is where you can get a copy of your Chexsystems report:

https://www.consumerdebit.com/consum...port/index.htm

You are entitled to ask for one free copy per year, and I believe you can also request a free copy if a bank declines to open an account based on your report.
Old 02-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
jadester,
It is really a pity that you did not bother about trying to find a merchant account earlier.
You could have saved a lot of problems for yourself.Good luck with the merchant account. DO try to pay attention next round when you get advice from people.

I have been looking for a merchant account. It took until this past week to find one that was willing to accommodate my business model. Opening merchant accounts isn't always as easy as going through the McDonalds drive through and ordering a Big Mac. Sorry to break it to you! lol
Old 02-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadester714 View Post
Opening merchant accounts isn't always as easy as going through the McDonalds drive through and ordering a Big Mac. Sorry to break it to you! lol
Haha. No free coupons at Wendy's for a merchant account? Main thing is you are moving away from paypal. Do hope it will be the end of bank troubles for you
Old 02-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

GreenBean,

On the other merchant account forums, people are saying they cannot get eBay to approve their merchant accounts. How is this any better?
Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

Y not just get a VBA until u start making some real money and ur safe on ebay and when you have lets say.. 500-1000 on that account den add a real bank account
and thankx for letting me know that Chekxsystem checks only checking accounts.. good heads up..
Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 89%

Why has this thread come back to life....
Closed Thread