eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/67235-paypal-limited-but-ebay-poweseller-not.html)

Laritha 11-20-2013 11:51 AM

Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not

Even after providing invoices for the items I've sold on eBay, Paypal decided to close my account and not lift my limitation. They claim "for security risk" even though I'm a Powerseller on eBay with 99% positive feedback. Guess I was selling too much.

I want to know if it's possible to use a different Paypal account with eBay, since my eBay isn't suspended and in great standings. Different person's Paypal that has been a member for years.

oompaloompa 11-22-2013 08:43 AM

Re: Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not

the problem is that other persons paypal could get in trouble for being linked to limited paypal via the ebay acc.

I would not use the other persons for this reason. You can make another paypal and add it and wait and see. Logically it will not work long term though, as you are limited and another paypal will be flagged. It's a shame.

Sandy D 11-22-2013 09:20 AM

Do not use someones info.

You could easily cost them their account.

vintagenyc 01-03-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laritha (Post 504784)
Even after providing invoices for the items I've sold on eBay, Paypal decided to close my account and not lift my limitation. They claim "for security risk" even though I'm a Powerseller on eBay with 99% positive feedback. Guess I was selling too much.

I want to know if it's possible to use a different Paypal account with eBay, since my eBay isn't suspended and in great standings. Different person's Paypal that has been a member for years.

Wondering if using the new Paypal worked out for you? I have a similar problem- I have Top rated power seller but my PP will get limited soon because I don't want to provide SSN/EIN so I'm hoping to create or buy a new Paypal but I want to use my same Ebay account. So wondering if it's possible to get limited by PP without it interfering with my Ebay account. I'm thinking to switch over to a new Paypal before my current account gets limited. I am not engaging in risky behavior or selling anything sketchy.

pr0wake 01-12-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagenyc (Post 516172)
Wondering if using the new Paypal worked out for you? I have a similar problem- I have Top rated power seller but my PP will get limited soon because I don't want to provide SSN/EIN so I'm hoping to create or buy a new Paypal but I want to use my same Ebay account. So wondering if it's possible to get limited by PP without it interfering with my Ebay account. I'm thinking to switch over to a new Paypal before my current account gets limited. I am not engaging in risky behavior or selling anything sketchy.

from my experience, a limited PP does not have any affect on the EB account. Start fresh as in, new user profile and new everything else, just keep the same EB account and link it with the new PP after a little while.

JamesNorth101 01-12-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowakeskater (Post 518775)
keep the same EB account and link it with the new PP after a little while.

Will just cause issues, and could also then loose the eBay account.

rsot 01-12-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

from my experience, a limited PP does not have any affect on the EB account. Start fresh as in, new user profile and new everything else, just keep the same EB account and link it with the new PP after a little while.

That's a mess asking to be limited and held for 180 days...again

thomasakeff 01-20-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laritha (Post 504784)

FYI: just register a new paypal - new IP address, wait several days, link to your old ebay ID, move your ebay to this IP, wait few days, log in/out several times, search for few item, buy 1-2 items with this ebay/pp combination (new IP). and you are good to go. Tested, and it worked.

Pasicel 01-20-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasakeff (Post 521482)
FYI: just register a new paypal - new IP address, wait several days, link to your old ebay ID, move your ebay to this IP, wait few days, log in/out several times, search for few item, buy 1-2 items with this ebay/pp combination (new IP). and you are good to go. Tested, and it worked.

May work for a bit, one overlook from ebay/paypal, say good bye.

a.v.limited 02-18-2014 11:53 AM

create your own paypal and start selling slowly

paraline2000 01-04-2015 10:10 PM

I was able to do this and survive for quite some time. (about a year) I was banned for a completley unrelated reason so it can be done. Now I am back at this same point and trying to figure out what to do. The selling limit I just reached on my new ebay account is making it much more appealing.

My main idea is why not just use the old ebay account with a brand new fresh paypal account until it gets banned? You really have nothing to lose if you just make a new paypal and link it to the still active ebay account.

hway 01-08-2015 10:37 PM

It may work for a while, but you may reach 200/20000 limit within few months. Better to use other payment method on EB
Quote:

copley1 01-13-2015 08:17 AM

Attaching a NEW paypal to and OLD eBay account is a GREAT WAY to get rid of the 21 days hold.......

Bearing this in mind it WILL link your current eBay with the other paypal and the other paypals associated eBay.

HOWEVER this is a great way to get the most out of an old eBay account thats paypal has been limitted....

This is all i will say on the matter.

RosieTosie 01-13-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Was just about to say, that would 100% be a risky strategy that almost certainly would lead to disaster, very surprised to see you would advise that even before read James North and rsot's responses to your suggestion, I have never seen anyone advised to do this!!

rsot 01-13-2015 08:33 AM

21 day hold or not...prepare NOT to base your operations on the PP account...can go down at anytime

peterspike 01-13-2015 09:01 AM

I made a new eBay account early last year and it got linked to my suspended account, I messed up and used the same phone number that's how they got linked
but they put a hold on the new eBay account but never limited the PayPal. I called them and they said they would reinstate everything once I pay the bill.

RosieTosie 01-13-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterspike (Post 630921)
I made a new eBay account early last year and it got linked to my suspended account, I messed up and used the same phone number that's how they got linked
but they put a hold on the new eBay account but never limited the PayPal. I called them and they said they would reinstate everything once I pay the bill.

They must say that to just about everyone who has not paid a bill! Wonder how many, if any have actually been reinstated after they have paid!

ooooo.halo 01-15-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 630922)
They must say that to just about everyone who has not paid a bill! Wonder how many, if any have actually been reinstated after they have paid!

You are SO right.
I had a link a long time ago and they said exactly the same thing....that if i resolve the issues with other account then it would be reinstated.
I resolves the issue of a measley £13...and did i get reinstated......NO :-)

minimouseamanda 01-15-2015 06:30 PM

i used my old pay pal for receiving payments and paying the bill for 8,mths while using someone elses ebay account i know its the other way round but my ebay account was suspended that i used with the old paypal account no issues and her account is still fine im not sure if ebay track this way of doing things ? i got a account off a great seller on here i plan to link my old paypal again to receive payment and pay the bill as long as i make some good brass before they link that who cares

Dmshark25 01-15-2015 06:32 PM

Every department within eBay seems to be completely independent of each other. So you can get an email from the billing department saying once everything gets paid you will be reinstated

But once you pay it goes to a different department which says you have already been permanently restricted from selling , so we still cannot reinstate you even though you just paid

And in the mean time there advertisement department is sending you all these emails telling you to sell and list for free

You may even get a congratulations email saying that u r now a power seller months after you were suspended

I just don't get how they don't get that information and tie it together, but they are great with linking accounts

minimouseamanda 01-15-2015 06:39 PM

i had one the other day my ex husband made a account in my details sold said items 100 plus pound used my old paypal and he at the time still had access to my bank account he drew funds out they linked it to my ebay business account i informed them rang the police etc had crime reference number ebay didnt bother on live chat just said pay the 100 pound will reinstate account they did but wondering if i get my limit again next month as one does not know what the others doing ?

peterspike 01-15-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 630922)

I still haven't paid it yet but I intend to soon.