Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not

Even after providing invoices for the items I've sold on eBay, Paypal decided to close my account and not lift my limitation. They claim "for security risk" even though I'm a Powerseller on eBay with 99% positive feedback. Guess I was selling too much.

I want to know if it's possible to use a different Paypal account with eBay, since my eBay isn't suspended and in great standings. Different person's Paypal that has been a member for years.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not

the problem is that other persons paypal could get in trouble for being linked to limited paypal via the ebay acc.

I would not use the other persons for this reason. You can make another paypal and add it and wait and see. Logically it will not work long term though, as you are limited and another paypal will be flagged. It's a shame.
Old 11-22-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Do not use someones info.

You could easily cost them their account.
Old 01-03-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laritha View Post
Even after providing invoices for the items I've sold on eBay, Paypal decided to close my account and not lift my limitation. They claim "for security risk" even though I'm a Powerseller on eBay with 99% positive feedback. Guess I was selling too much.

I want to know if it's possible to use a different Paypal account with eBay, since my eBay isn't suspended and in great standings. Different person's Paypal that has been a member for years.

Wondering if using the new Paypal worked out for you? I have a similar problem- I have Top rated power seller but my PP will get limited soon because I don't want to provide SSN/EIN so I'm hoping to create or buy a new Paypal but I want to use my same Ebay account. So wondering if it's possible to get limited by PP without it interfering with my Ebay account. I'm thinking to switch over to a new Paypal before my current account gets limited. I am not engaging in risky behavior or selling anything sketchy.
Old 01-12-2014
Banned

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagenyc View Post
Wondering if using the new Paypal worked out for you? I have a similar problem- I have Top rated power seller but my PP will get limited soon because I don't want to provide SSN/EIN so I'm hoping to create or buy a new Paypal but I want to use my same Ebay account. So wondering if it's possible to get limited by PP without it interfering with my Ebay account. I'm thinking to switch over to a new Paypal before my current account gets limited. I am not engaging in risky behavior or selling anything sketchy.
from my experience, a limited PP does not have any affect on the EB account. Start fresh as in, new user profile and new everything else, just keep the same EB account and link it with the new PP after a little while.
Old 01-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowakeskater View Post
keep the same EB account and link it with the new PP after a little while.
Will just cause issues, and could also then loose the eBay account.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-13-2015)
Old 01-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
from my experience, a limited PP does not have any affect on the EB account. Start fresh as in, new user profile and new everything else, just keep the same EB account and link it with the new PP after a little while.
That's a mess asking to be limited and held for 180 days...again
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-13-2015)
Old 01-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laritha View Post

FYI: just register a new paypal - new IP address, wait several days, link to your old ebay ID, move your ebay to this IP, wait few days, log in/out several times, search for few item, buy 1-2 items with this ebay/pp combination (new IP). and you are good to go. Tested, and it worked.
Old 01-20-2014

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasakeff View Post
FYI: just register a new paypal - new IP address, wait several days, link to your old ebay ID, move your ebay to this IP, wait few days, log in/out several times, search for few item, buy 1-2 items with this ebay/pp combination (new IP). and you are good to go. Tested, and it worked.
May work for a bit, one overlook from ebay/paypal, say good bye.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pasicel For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-13-2015)
Old 02-18-2014

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 69%

create your own paypal and start selling slowly
Old 01-04-2015

Longevity: 58%

I was able to do this and survive for quite some time. (about a year) I was banned for a completley unrelated reason so it can be done. Now I am back at this same point and trying to figure out what to do. The selling limit I just reached on my new ebay account is making it much more appealing.

My main idea is why not just use the old ebay account with a brand new fresh paypal account until it gets banned? You really have nothing to lose if you just make a new paypal and link it to the still active ebay account.
Old 01-08-2015

Longevity: 64%

It may work for a while, but you may reach 200/20000 limit within few months. Better to use other payment method on EB
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to hway For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-09-2015)
Old 01-13-2015

Longevity: 57%

Attaching a NEW paypal to and OLD eBay account is a GREAT WAY to get rid of the 21 days hold.......

Bearing this in mind it WILL link your current eBay with the other paypal and the other paypals associated eBay.

HOWEVER this is a great way to get the most out of an old eBay account thats paypal has been limitted....

This is all i will say on the matter.
Old 01-13-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

Was just about to say, that would 100% be a risky strategy that almost certainly would lead to disaster, very surprised to see you would advise that even before read James North and rsot's responses to your suggestion, I have never seen anyone advised to do this!!
Old 01-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

21 day hold or not...prepare NOT to base your operations on the PP account...can go down at anytime
Old 01-13-2015

Longevity: 54%

I made a new eBay account early last year and it got linked to my suspended account, I messed up and used the same phone number that's how they got linked
but they put a hold on the new eBay account but never limited the PayPal. I called them and they said they would reinstate everything once I pay the bill.
Old 01-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterspike View Post
I made a new eBay account early last year and it got linked to my suspended account, I messed up and used the same phone number that's how they got linked
but they put a hold on the new eBay account but never limited the PayPal. I called them and they said they would reinstate everything once I pay the bill.
They must say that to just about everyone who has not paid a bill! Wonder how many, if any have actually been reinstated after they have paid!
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
They must say that to just about everyone who has not paid a bill! Wonder how many, if any have actually been reinstated after they have paid!
You are SO right.
I had a link a long time ago and they said exactly the same thing....that if i resolve the issues with other account then it would be reinstated.
I resolves the issue of a measley £13...and did i get reinstated......NO :-)
RosieTosie (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015

i used my old pay pal for receiving payments and paying the bill for 8,mths while using someone elses ebay account i know its the other way round but my ebay account was suspended that i used with the old paypal account no issues and her account is still fine im not sure if ebay track this way of doing things ? i got a account off a great seller on here i plan to link my old paypal again to receive payment and pay the bill as long as i make some good brass before they link that who cares
Old 01-15-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Every department within eBay seems to be completely independent of each other. So you can get an email from the billing department saying once everything gets paid you will be reinstated

But once you pay it goes to a different department which says you have already been permanently restricted from selling , so we still cannot reinstate you even though you just paid

And in the mean time there advertisement department is sending you all these emails telling you to sell and list for free

You may even get a congratulations email saying that u r now a power seller months after you were suspended

I just don't get how they don't get that information and tie it together, but they are great with linking accounts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-15-2015), RosieTosie (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015

i had one the other day my ex husband made a account in my details sold said items 100 plus pound used my old paypal and he at the time still had access to my bank account he drew funds out they linked it to my ebay business account i informed them rang the police etc had crime reference number ebay didnt bother on live chat just said pay the 100 pound will reinstate account they did but wondering if i get my limit again next month as one does not know what the others doing ?
Old 01-15-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
I still haven't paid it yet but I intend to soon.