Paypal decides I'm a thief and keeps money? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Paypal decides I'm a thief and keeps money?

Paypal Knew because the real owner of the card called the credit card Issuer (mastercard, Visa,,ect,ect) and reported the card Stolen.

Then the Card Issuer reversed all the Charges that the real card owned said were not theirs.

In doing reversal they advised whoever they were taking the money back from, in this case Paypal, the the reason they were reversing the charge was because the card holder reported the card stolen.

Paypal in turn reversed the Payment from the OP's Account and Booted him,,,this happens THOUSANDS of times a day,,,No Law Enforcement,,,the only time that may happen, if the amount of money was really excessive, but other than that, no Law enforcement

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-02-2014 at 11:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-02-2014), SUVE (02-10-2014), withers99 (02-09-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

slapped nicely explains the procedures that happen when misuse of a credit card is reported to the relevant parties.

The companies have defined plans in place and go into damage control.

As I type there will be dozens of cases happening like this. Internet fraud is big business.

Think what you would do if your credit card got used for purchases you did not make. Your first step would be to recover the funds.
Old 02-03-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
slapped nicely explains the procedures that happen when misuse of a credit card is reported to the relevant parties.

The companies have defined plans in place and go into damage control.

As I type there will be dozens of cases happening like this. Internet fraud is big business.

Think what you would do if your credit card got used for purchases you did not make. Your first step would be to recover the funds.
I have had a credit card stolen. The first thing I did was call the credit card company, the second thing I did was called the police.
Old 02-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolitax View Post
I have had a credit card stolen. The first thing I did was call the credit card company, the second thing I did was called the police.

I have NO Doubt that that you called the police, But, I was talking about what Companies like your credit card issuer, and Paypal, they do not call Law Enforcement, also I am quite sure that the Police did not do a thing other than take your statement on your case, like I said unless it is for large amounts of money, the never do.

The sad truth is that this is a VERY common crime, and is so rampant that there simply is not enough manpower to enforce those laws.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-06-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2014

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Paypal would NOT contact law enforcement,,that is not what they do,,Even if it looks like the user is guilty,,if they called Law enforcement every time they suspected some kind of Fraud,,The US would need MILLIONS more Law Enforcement Officials
How do you know this?
Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
How do you know this?
Maybe because slapped has 10 minutes of experience with ecommerce.

He is speaking from long years of experience with business.

He's not merely posting for boosting his post count.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
slapped (02-07-2014)
Old 02-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How do you know this?
I Know because I have been around the Block once or twice,,,

The ABSOLUTE last thing I want to convey is that it is "Safe" to Run around Ebay Peddling all kinds of Chinese Trash,,,even thought Paypal will not report you, I will tell who will,,,The Companies that you are Ripping Off,,,So if you start selling China Specials,, Those companies whose Items are copied will RUIN YOUR DAY,,,EVERY TIME,,,GUARANTEED

They will Purchase one of your items without you even knowing about it,,Once they determine that it is not Genuine, they will purchase another a month later, again confirm that it is not Genuine,,,and THEN they will "Follow the Money,,From Ebay to Paypal to your Bank to YOU,,and then they WILL send "someone" to come See you,,,and you will,,,in a word be,,,, "Fu#ked!!

This I GUARANTEE you happens EVERY DAY,,,so don't think that all of you are going to be running around Ebay like wild Indians Taking Scalps,,,The truth is that YOU will get Scalped,,,You have been Warned,,,
back_again (02-08-2014), glacier922 (02-08-2014), GreenBean (02-07-2014), jeffweico (02-07-2014), SUVE (02-10-2014), withers99 (02-09-2014)
Old 02-07-2014

I am not doing or plan on doing any of this, what you are saying is (in this case) is that the items you copied from companies, those companies will go after you and paypal doesn't get law enforcement involved? Is that correct? If so, why does paypal not initiate it?

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-07-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am not doing or plan on doing any of this, what you are saying is (in this case) is that the items you copied from companies, those companies will go after you and paypal doesn't get law enforcement involved? Is that correct? If so, why does paypal not initiate it?
Initiate What??,,,Paypal Simply gets Rid of you,,,all they need is a WHIFF of Wrong doing, and PooF,,,Your GONE,,,Thats All,,,they don't want to Know YOU, Your Explanation, Your Story, Your Hardships,,,NOTHING,,The just want you GONE,,,Paypal could NOT have a Simpler Approach,,, but they Never get law enforcement involved,,unless its as I said,,Involves Large amounts of Money
Old 02-08-2014

Longevity: 73%

So with the OP getting that message from paypal he will not be able to get the money thats froze in his account even after waiting 180 days?

That blows!

I really hope you can get your 3k out of paypal man.

Let us know how you made out.

Good Luck!

Last edited by secret storm; 02-08-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Paypal decides I'm a thief and keeps money?

Slapped, has this happened to you? The part where they follow your eBay, PayPal, bank, then you part? I mean, I expect eBay and PayPal to be a punk and give out all your information, even if t was stealth, and of course your real bank acct info, but does the bank give out info? And no, i don't sell china u know what. But im just curious of the process. i hear that banks are actually quite vigilant in maintaining user privacy, because obviously for security concerns. What was your experience with this?

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-08-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Old 02-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

I Know PLENTY of People that this has happened to, Even NOW, I have a Dear friend going through it,,,The Banks will give up ALL of your info with a Simple Court order, which Lawyers/Prosecutors can get with a 2 Min Phone call,,,

Also your Email Provider,,Like Google, This is the One that EVERYONE Forgets about,,,,,, If you have Gmail, and you access it from your Phone, well Guess what,,, Google has your Phone Number,,, and they will give it up in a Heartbeat, even WITHOUT a Court Order,,,

Stealth is Just a word that we Like to use around here,,,There is NO WAY to be COMPLETELY Stealth,,,ANY RETARD Cop can find you, EASILY,,, if they so desire,,

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-08-2014 at 04:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (02-08-2014), SUVE (02-10-2014)
Old 02-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

so a company can get a court order to get your bank details from paypal and then go to bank and get your real details? that is still 2 hoops for them to jump through, paypal then bank.....you would have to be a big seller......and you would have to be an idiot to be a big seller with a real bank attached paypal.....
Old 02-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

@oompalopa

I'm thinking, or imagining that they buy from you, have a nice little collection as evidence and then they go after u. Once they have enough, they add up the amount and say, whoah, this guy has $$$ worth of sales. This is considered grand #### here. We can get a court order etc.

Besides, when they want a return address, and since u have one single mom and pop shop, and then they ask for return, bam, they got u. Now the tough part is how to be completely private, like we're supposed to be guaranteed here in the states. Restore the 4th!!!
Old 02-08-2014

Longevity: 64%

OP, I seriously doubt if le will come after you for a few sales and not a lot of money when you realize eb is over $8b per year. Too much work for so little return. Everybody has a budget including le they are careful where they spend their money too. I would not worry about it and try to move on. Living in this only hurts you.
Old 02-08-2014

Quote:
I Know PLENTY of People that this has happened to, Even NOW, I have a Dear friend going through it,,,The Banks will give up ALL of your info with a Simple Court order, which Lawyers/Prosecutors can get with a 2 Min Phone call,,,

Also your Email Provider,,Like Google, This is the One that EVERYONE Forgets about,,,,,, If you have Gmail, and you access it from your Phone, well Guess what,,, Google has your Phone Number,,, and they will give it up in a Heartbeat, even WITHOUT a Court Order,,,

Stealth is Just a word that we Like to use around here,,,There is NO WAY to be COMPLETELY Stealth,,,ANY RETARD Cop can find you, EASILY,,, if they so desire,,
What happened to them? They were selling knock off electronics?
Old 02-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What happened to them? They were selling knock off electronics?
Yes he was, and he is still going through the Court process, but he IS looking a Jail Time,,,Some companies insist on Punishing violators to the FULLEST Extent of the law, this my friend is NOT a Game
back_again (02-08-2014), withers99 (02-09-2014)
Old 02-08-2014

Slapped is giving GOLDEN information and advices for anyone planing (or doing it right now) to sell or deal with knock-off , and thinking wrongly that "Stealth" mean really invisible to anyone.

Let's keep in mind that "stealth" works ONLY when playing ebay and PayPal game, and when someone plays the game the wrong way, there is NO DOUBT, he'll get in trouble.

Also, I heard and read this many times " Law enforcement will NEVER get involved when it's a smaller seller story". FALSE! ... And believe me THIS IS PRETTY FALSE . When someone sells 1-2 foo foo items a week EACH week, all it takes is someone to report him, then a second one, which is enough to get the police or even feds know about it. And this is what's called a 'Non return point", when they know that there is something illegal happening they CAN NOT just forget about it and move on to next one, they'll start investigating , sure, they'll run after the murderer, first, then the guy who made a hold up, etc... but they'll get into the "small seller" story no matter how long it'll take.

It'll be never too much said : KEEP AWAY FROM FOO FOOs.
Old 02-09-2014

Quote:
Paypal Knew because the real owner of the card called the credit card Issuer (mastercard, Visa,,ect,ect) and reported the card Stolen.

Then the Card Issuer reversed all the Charges that the real card owned said were not theirs.

In doing reversal they advised whoever they were taking the money back from, in this case Paypal, the the reason they were reversing the charge was because the card holder reported the card stolen.

Paypal in turn reversed the Payment from the OP's Account and Booted him,,,this happens THOUSANDS of times a day,,,No Law Enforcement,,,the only time that may happen, if the amount of money was really excessive, but other than that, no Law enforcement
Slapped, how do you define an excessive amount? Just wondering...

I personally think that Paypal would not just take the OP's money unless something must have triggered it. I do not believe that Paypal will randomly pick on people out of a cookie jar lol - there HAS to be something wrong...
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by withers99 View Post
Did you read the post above?

Two items may be enough to trigger action from an IP rights holder for one seller.
There is often more than one seller flogging the foo-foos so the VeRo holder will go after all.

Message is avoid dealing in foo-foos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
back_again (02-09-2014), withers99 (02-12-2014)
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by withers99 View Post

I personally think that Paypal would not just take the OP's money unless something must have triggered it. I do not believe that Paypal will randomly pick on people out of a cookie jar lol - there HAS to be something wrong...
See, what you are looking for now is some kind of "Safe" amount that you can get away with,,,If you business is to sell those "China Specials" then there is NO "Safe" Number,,,

You see, Here is how the REAL WORLD Works, a Buyer Complains the item is Copied, whether the complaint is made directly to Ebay, or to you thru the Ebay messaging or Resolution centers, The complaint is dealt with, life goes on,, in the meantime you keep selling, Months Pass, Maybe even Years, at some Point an Ebay Employee will Look at your account, ALL Accounts with "Item Not as Described" Cases get looked at some point(YES Just like AMAZON, only no Where near as often.)

If that person decides that you have too many such complaints, He either Kills the account, forward's your User ID (Along with EVERY Bit of Information Ebay has from the Moment the account was created, including EVERYTHING you have ever sold)to the VERO Member, or BOTH, and now the "Fun" Begins,,,2 "Controlled Purchases", and they "Follow the Money", and when they come to your door they will TELL YOU how many you have sold,,,and it will NOT be 2

One Question that is NEVER asked on this Forum is "What Benefits are their to being a VERO Member?"

There is ONLY 1 answer, and it is NOT that they get Discounts on their Ebay Purchases,,,,It is that Ebay gives them EVERY bit of Information that they have for ANY member that ask about or is suspected of Violating their Intellectual Property,,Plain and Simple, that is EXACTLY what Ebay does for its VERO Members

So Now you tell me "What is EXCESSIVE??" and do you really think that it would really matter if you Knew??

My Father Always said "Burn, and you'll LEARN" ,,,So Go ahead and Keep Messing with those "China Specials", it in not a question if you will get caught, it is a question of WHEN,,,and What will Happen to you,,,that can range from losing an Ebay/Paypal account to losing your freedom.

Last edited by slapped; 02-09-2014 at 12:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
withers99 (02-12-2014)
Old 02-09-2014

OK I have a few questions.

First, I DO NOT sell knock off's of any kind, I'm more interested in how the process works. You said earlier that, paypal does not get law enforcement invloved, unless it's a large amount. What about stealth accounts that have one or two sales (less than $600 for instance) that the seller would complain about, such as non receipt) How does Paypal handled these such instances?