Paypal decides I'm a thief and keeps money? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Paypal decides I'm a thief and keeps money?

The buyer would complain about non receipt, not a seller.

If the seller cannot provide proof that the item has been delivered then the buyer will be refunded

The refunded funds will be taken from the sellers PayPal balance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Yes he was, and he is still going through the Court process, but he IS looking a Jail Time,,,Some companies insist on Punishing violators to the FULLEST Extent of the law, this my friend is NOT a Game
I wonder if llc would have protected him. I mean, that is one of the benefits of being a corporation in that you pay taxes, get sued, etc, everything a person would go through, except you can't put a corporation in jail. Business 101. The reason why I'm saying this is because all these privacy violations is just not right.
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Wow are you really that naive. You actually think incorporating a criminal enterprise will stop someone from going to jail. Every drug dealer in the country would have an LLC that they would hide behind. You can't put a corporation in jail but you can certainly put the officers of it and often even the employees in jail. It happens all the time with companies guilty of alot less.
The Following User Says Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
slapped (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Stop this rubbish about privacy violations.

Stop trying to justify thinking big bad companies have no right to protect themselves. Some klutz of a seller deciding to make mega bucks from selling vEro just because others do it has no protection.

In fact using an LLC will attract more attention.

Here's a surpirse for ya'll. This is the REAL WORLD>

It is against the law to sell to sell items that are protected by Intellectual Property rights.
Such companies would need to given written permission for on-selling

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-09-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

@futuremogul888, @greenie

2 words: Jamie Dimon.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-09-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

You are that naive. Not every criminal in the history of the world will get prosecuted. I guess that's because they formed a corporation before committing the crime.
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
@futuremogul888, @greenie

2 words: Jamie Dimon.
Stop trying to score brownie points just because you can use google.

This is not a joke.

I repeat, this is not a joke.

There are naive sellers who think they can get away with selling foo-foo.

Pull your head in, and appreciate this is for the general good of others.

Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Ok ok ok. I don't sell that stuff nor advocating for it. I just have a firm stance on privacy rights. Just ask vogeltron. Yes, this got off topic a bit from op. but since slapped started talking about banks releasing your info, I get really riled up and had to chime in. To summarize how I feel about all this, think assange. Cheers!
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Not going to ask anyone.

Issue is the selling of VeRo.

Not going to entertain 2 cents contributions just because of strong prviacy rights.
That comes under politics and the forum does not get involved.
There are other social media platforms for that.

Old 02-09-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Ok ok ok. I don't sell that stuff nor advocating for it. I just have a firm stance on privacy rights. Just ask vogeltron. Yes, this got off topic a bit from op. but since slapped started talking about banks releasing your info, I get really riled up and had to chime in. To summarize how I feel about all this, think assange. Cheers!

Banks do not give your private information out , your info is protected. If u ever linked a bank account as a funding source to another bank like a prepaid card or something, As an added protection besides verifying deposits after the first time you transfer funds to the prepaid card from your bank the funds will be held, when u call in they will ask if they can contact your bank to verify it is you, so they call the bank with your permission and have u on the line , and your bank will ask you first if it's ok and if you give permission than the rep from the prepaid card will say we want to confirm this info and give ur name and address, and your bank from where the funds came would say yes that is correct but this is with you on the line and after you gave permission, but even with your permission they will never give out info only verify and say yes it's a match or no that's it, so your info is taken very seriously, and is not given out to no one , they may confirm something with u present and with ur permission but never give ur info out.

As far as Law enforcement wanting your information that is another situation, they will need to go to a judge and once the judge gives the order to the bank than your bank needs to give whatever is in the court order, they can even freeze your funds
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-12-2014)
Old 02-09-2014

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
I have NO Doubt that that you called the police, But, I was talking about what Companies like your credit card issuer, and Paypal, they do not call Law Enforcement, also I am quite sure that the Police did not do a thing other than take your statement on your case, like I said unless it is for large amounts of money, the never do.

The sad truth is that this is a VERY common crime, and is so rampant that there simply is not enough manpower to enforce those laws.
When two of my credit cards were stolen a couple years ago, my credit card company actually called me first. And to my surprise, the cops called me after that. Afterwards, a cop visited my house to get a statement and then I received a phone call from both the cops and my credit card company stating money was being returned to me for the fraud purchases and that the persons who stole the cards were now in jail and waiting for a court date. I remember even asking why there was a court case and whatnot since I personally "did not press charges". They said my state automatically presses charges and it now was a county and state case and that I could either join in or not, I decided not to since I already received my funds back. The total purchases that were made when my cards were stolen was less than $150. So card companies do initiate things with law enforcement, that I do know. Perhaps my card company had pressed harder than other companies would, though.

..as for PP, I've called them once (regarding a limitation) where a rep stated they needed invoices, etc submitted to them just in case they were ever to receive a subpoena for the items I sold.. A bit strange since I only had sold 2 or 3 items for less than $50. But I submitted the docs anyway.

Anyway, this whole topic seems a bit off from the original op, guess I didn't help either lol just my 2 cents.
Old 02-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
ReRead my post, Banks do NOT Freely release client info,,,,But DO, in the presence of a Court Order,,,which is VERY easy to get,,,Believe me, NEITHER You or I, will be able to walk into a Bank and get ANY information about a client of theirs, Unless we have a Court Order, then they will give us ANYTHING we want

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@honehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by honehh View Post
When two of my credit cards were stolen a couple years ago, my credit card company actually called me first. And to my surprise, the cops called me after that. Afterwards, a cop visited my house to get a statement and then I received a phone call from both the cops and my credit card company stating money was being returned to me for the fraud purchases and that the persons who stole the cards were now in jail and waiting for a court date. I remember even asking why there was a court case and whatnot since I personally "did not press charges". They said my state automatically presses charges and it now was a county and state case and that I could either join in or not, I decided not to since I already received my funds back. The total purchases that were made when my cards were stolen was less than $150. So card companies do initiate things with law enforcement, that I do know. Perhaps my card company had pressed harder than other companies would, though,,,,,,,,
In Your case I can ASSURE that you were just part of a Larger Crime, one that Im quite sure involved Many Victims,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I FIRMLY believe that they purposely did NOT tell you about the FULL Scope of their investigation, for MANY reasons, and they ONLY spoke to you about you and your specific transactions.

You cannot convince me that the Police Called YOU, AND CAME to see you about a crime that centered around $150.00,,NO Way, not unless your last name is Obama

Last edited by slapped; 02-09-2014 at 11:28 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
honehh (02-09-2014), Sandy D (02-12-2014), SUVE (02-10-2014)
Old 02-09-2014

Longevity: 60%

I ended up knowing the two who stole my cards (and so did the cop who took my statement), so I pretty much know the story. Their records and court cases are public on the web still through the courts website, I can provide the website if you would like proof on what had happened and the total that was stolen? Sorry you do not believe what happened to me, just throwing it out there. Perhaps what happened in my case was rare, I wouldnt know since it's the only time ive ever had cards stolen from me... All I do know is that I did not initiate any of it since my card company had called me before me knowing that funds were even stolen.
Old 02-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

aww, I read through these 4 pages of posts...interesting reading.

Some very wise words from you slapped, no surprise there in that respect. I have to moreorless concur with pretty much what you have said as well as the other folks on here in that vein :-
slapped (02-12-2014)
Old 02-12-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVE View Post
aww, I read through these 4 pages of posts...interesting reading.

Some very wise words from you slapped, no surprise there in that respect. I have to moreorless concur with pretty much what you have said as well as the other folks on here in that vein :-
Hi SUVE!

Long time no speak.

We can count on slapped to come in and put words explaining in detail the information needed.

+1 for slapped here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
SUVE (02-12-2014)
Old 02-17-2014

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 69%

cant do much as written quite clearly in t & c

amazon is worse than ebay !