Paypal limitations on multiple accounts starting this week! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Paypal limitations on multiple accounts starting this week!

First Ill just say Ive had countless successful paypal accounts, and after years of learning the do and donts I thought I pretty much had a good system down with very few limitations anymore except when admittedly I at times get sloppy out of lazyness.
But this week, I want to say around the 29th of July paypal accounts were getting limited one after the other. They were not linked to each other either.
I dont know what happened, and after pressing for answers when speaking to them (which I only did because at that point I figured there was no salvaging them and that maybe Id get some useful info for future accounts), I was told the following which somewhat shocked me.
1. Paypal calls banks to verify that the name matches the account name on file with paypal. (Not sure whether to believe that or not though, as I didnt think banks could just share that info like that--hence the need to verify with deposits?).
2. Paypal can detect if you are using a prepaid bank account, and if you do paypal will ask for proof of ssn and ID, which they verify with third parties to be sure is legitimate.
-Note: I realize paypal has never been a fan of prepaids, but I didnt realize they had some magical way of knowing whether or not an account was in fact a prepaid bank account. Or is it just that certain banks trigger it? Of the accounts that got limited this week, two were Bancorp (Paypal owned??), and the other was Sutton Bank. Also with respect to verifying the legitimacy of IDs....IF they are doing this now, it must be some shift in practice or ability because in the past (only when really desperate from having large amounts of money being held hostage) Ill admit I had photoshopped forms of identification and utility bills to make sure the address or name matched exactly as the paypal account. And it always worked. I never used anyones real info--im not looking to take anyones identity or anything crazy like that--but I just fudged the info to correspond with my made up stealth persona. It never seemed to be a problem in the past and usually worked, though not always. SSN....I won't even try faking that cuz that just crosses the line, but the ID thing was a bit surprising to me. Maybe it shouldnt be? But Id never known it to be a death sentence when they asked for it in the past...now Im starting to think it is

Any thoughts?? Anyone who's had success in the past notice a recent shift in the other direction in the very recent past--like literally since this past week?

Last edited by slashnothing; 08-02-2014 at 02:38 AM. Reason: typos
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Paypal limitations on multiple accounts starting this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashnothing View Post
2. Paypal can detect if you are using a prepaid bank account, and if you do paypal will ask for proof of ssn and ID, which they verify with third parties to be sure is legitimate.
-Note: I realize paypal has never been a fan of prepaids, but I didnt realize they had some magical way of knowing whether or not an account was in fact a prepaid bank account.
Any type of account within the USA banking system has specific numbers which ID the type of account.

Routing transit number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Source is Wiki. Have a read and if you have more questions please ask me.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
slashnothing (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Not sure about Suttons but Bancorp was known to cause problems. A lot of VBAs were used to made with Bancorp in the past, and they all caused limitation as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-02-2014), slashnothing (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Bancorp has been troublesome for simply ages.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Any type of account within the USA banking system has specific numbers which ID the type of account.

Routing transit number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Source is Wiki. Have a read and if you have more questions please ask me.
Thanks for that info and the link. It was very informative to know the breakdown of the numbers that make up a routing number. I understand now how Paypal can identify where the bank is and what kind the bank is insofar as being a member of the federal reserve verses government and whether or not it is a "thrift" (eg credit union) or not. But Im still a bit confused how paypal would identify it a prepaid account. Obviously if the bank backing the prepaid account is known to only offer prepaid type accounts then Paypal could easily deduce such. That may have been the case with the accounts I used that were Bancorp associated. But I dont get how they did that with the Sutton bank account. As far as I know sutton bank is not strictly for prepaid accounts and the routing number begins with one of the general federal reserve bank codes.

Lastly, I haven't thought this through at all, but I was just mulling over the idea of saying an account is a saving account rather than a checking when linking bank accounts if that might help? It seems counter-intuitive given what I was just talking about respective to identifying through codes, as if really examining it one would know by looking at the routing number that it isnt a savings account. Im just wondering is maybe it might work if paypal assumed that the bank account was a "thrift" account, having been marked a savings upon linking it, if perhaps their automated system doesnt scrutinize those accounts as thoroughly? I dont know, its probably an illogical idea. Im trying to come up with any work around I can because I cant go out and get multiple non-prepaid accounts nor do I want so many opened in my name because of the risk associated with overdrafts fraud and the like.
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 56%

hi there slashnothing im very very soory to hear about that. that relay sux a lot. im going to try and help you with this. this is how i make my paypal acc and everything works fine.

1. get a track phone add it to paypal.

2 get a susquehanna bank acc. you can open as many acc as you likei have 5 right now. also get the online banking i all ready asked them about money coming in diff names and they don't care about that because i told them my name was taken on pay-pal and ebay ;].

3 get a visa gift card vanilla it has a ice cream cone on the card. the card comes in 25 50 or 100 i get the 25.

4 when making your pay-pal acc match the zip-code with visa gift card vanilla if its 12345 make it the same 12345.

5 here is a note. i don't use the VOIP i thnk there ot BANNED its just pay-pal and eBay blacked them. also i don't use VBA or VCC. its best to try to make this look real like if a real person made the acc that was not doing stealth. im about to make a new acc soon latter on to day i will keep you up to date and see if that happens to me with pay-pal i hope this info will help you have a great one ;]
[IMG][/IMG]
The Following User Says Thank You to animekings99 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 68%

Same issue here, starting around the same date. Im using Capitalone accounts. After withdrawing money within the first hour to up to 10 hours later, they are getting limited. I'm "thinking" it might have t do with my IP addresses. They might have blacklisted them. This also happened last summer or sometime around the summer, where accounts were all going going down for a week or two no matter what and then strangely it just stopped.
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
Same issue here, starting around the same date. Im using Capitalone accounts. After withdrawing money within the first hour to up to 10 hours later, they are getting limited. I'm "thinking" it might have t do with my IP addresses. They might have blacklisted them. This also happened last summer or sometime around the summer, where accounts were all going going down for a week or two no matter what and then strangely it just stopped.
Last time I used Capitalone they would not accept the mismatched names. This was a couple years ago. I lost my Paypal accounts.
Old 08-02-2014

Not if you use a business account. I've been using them for years.

Can more people chime in and let us know if it's happening to you as well? If it is, we need to find a work around or if it's not, it's clearly something we are doing or not doing now.
Old 08-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekings99 View Post
hi there slashnothing im very very soory to hear about that. that relay sux a lot. im going to try and help you with this. this is how i make my paypal acc and everything works fine.

1. get a track phone add it to paypal.

2 get a susquehanna bank acc. you can open as many acc as you likei have 5 right now. also get the online banking i all ready asked them about money coming in diff names and they don't care about that because i told them my name was taken on pay-pal and ebay ;].

3 get a visa gift card vanilla it has a ice cream cone on the card. the card comes in 25 50 or 100 i get the 25.

4 when making your pay-pal acc match the zip-code with visa gift card vanilla if its 12345 make it the same 12345.

5 here is a note. i don't use the VOIP i thnk there ot BANNED its just pay-pal and eBay blacked them. also i don't use VBA or VCC. its best to try to make this look real like if a real person made the acc that was not doing stealth. im about to make a new acc soon latter on to day i will keep you up to date and see if that happens to me with pay-pal i hope this info will help you have a great one ;]
[IMG][/IMG]
Can anyone confirm if susquehanna is also a good bank?
Old 08-02-2014

i can i have 5 acc there and they don't care about the not matching name because they cant see it. when i go to my online banking all it says paypal and the money it does not show a name you are safe to use this bank. also you can have as many acc as you like. when i walked in there i said i want to make 3 banks acc and they said that's fine. to open a acc you need 25.00 for a free checking hope this helps any one . also it takes about a weak for the online banking to open.
Old 08-02-2014

Can you open it an online because there isn't one near me.
Old 08-02-2014

if you have any questions just ask and i will be more then happy to help. ps also you can get a free checking acc card. it takes about a weak for it to come in the mail . that's why i opened all 3 acc at ones. if they ask you why so many acc. here is what you tell them 1 for bills 2 for food 3 for gas make up a bs story ;] also when making your paypal acc if your bank card has a zip-code of 12345 make it the same on paypal .
Old 08-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
Can you open it an online because there isn't one near me.
so sorry i dont now call them up here is the number 800.311.3182
Old 08-02-2014

Thank you.
Old 08-02-2014

Old 08-02-2014

did you call them also what did they say ???????????????????
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 73%

yes you can apply on line, go to their website.
The Following User Says Thank You to krose1162 For This Useful Post:
animekings99 (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014

cool thanks krose1162
The Following User Says Thank You to animekings99 For This Useful Post:
krose1162 (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by krose1162 View Post
yes you can apply on line, go to their website.
I spoke too soon, it asks for your zip to see if they can service your area, was a no for me......
Old 08-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

American EXpress introduced a "travel card" a few years back. It was a prepaid debit card that could be linked with another prepaid debit card if one needed to carry ir transfer money. Then a year later their systems were able to detect if the secondary "linking" card was a (i.e. Vanilla or different prepaid card). Just wouldn't allow the card attachment.

If American express was able to this a few years ago then PP has just caught on and might be able to associate certain banks & cards and automatically hold or place limitations on accounts based on if the card or bank is high risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to phunglim For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014

Damn that sucks I'm sorry about that