Stealth account with negative balance and a closed bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Stealth account with negative balance and a closed bank account

Long story short I have a feeling I'm about to get the shaft from selling digital goods. The account is 100% stealth except there is a bank account attached to the account for withdrawals. That bank account is in my name.

My question is, if I close my bank account, what can PayPal do? Can they somehow get my info even though I used the "two deposit" method to verify my bank account? The funds in question exceed $2000.

Name, address, phone number, and credit card are all stealth info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Stealth account with negative balance and a closed bank account

the forum replies will be if you use ebay/paypal, you need to fulfil your obligation to pay the fees and sort out any refunds, and you should send out all the goods.....and that is the correct thing to do.

If you banked the money for the sales, then just shut down slowly, stop selling and have a re-think......

If you are asking generally whether a neg balance will be chased, I think 2000 will be....

what can they do if you are stealth? not much.....
can they check the bank name? no, not unless there is some fraud and other parties get involved.....if it is a matter of unpaid fees, they have to eat it, they sell the debt on to debt collection agency...

what does the 2000 consist of?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-13-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
what does the 2000 consist of?
I sold a gaming account for a friend that was pretty old and very well established. The fund were received, transferred to my bank account, and then the game account information was transferred.

I've gone and done a little research on the buyer since and saw that he has done this a few times before and each time he has filed a dispute. I'm worried that I'll be next on this list.

What I'm considering doing is just closing the bank account that is attached to that PayPal account and calling it a day.

I'm sure PayPal will side with the buyer as these type of digital goods are against their ToS. I refuse to pay the money back because of some scammer.

The only thing I think that PayPal could do is somehow get a court ordered subpoena to get the name attached to the closed bank account number.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I have not heard of a subpoena by paypal on the forums, but maybe someone would not know how they got their details, if they did get them....maybe someone else will chime in on that....

actually virtual stuff like this, is the one catagory that is slightly less in favour of the buyer, because of the rules, pp are not so willing to get involved in a dispute.......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-13-2015 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
ebaypowerseller (03-13-2015)