eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   The end of PayPal Stealth? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/88000-end-paypal-stealth.html)

ram 07-30-2015 12:54 PM

The end of PayPal Stealth?

Now it's starting to look like the eBay and PayPal separation is the worst thing that could've happened to stealth users.

Separation was done on July 17, I got an account limited for 180 days on July 17 and another one 10 days later on July 27.

I know what I am selling has a lot to do with the limitation, but now things has changed, at least for me, before my eBay account was the first to get suspended then my PayPal account will follow in a week, my main concern used to be with eBay and how to stay under the radar. After a few months I have learned quite a few things and managed to stay under the radar on eBay, I managed to sell without getting my listing removed.

Now things has changed, it's PayPal that is initiating the suspension first which will eventually lead to an eBay suspension.

I am not saying that this unheard of, I am only saying for me it was never like this before, it seems that PayPal upgraded their security system, new accounts are being put under a random review, they are more strict then they used to be before the separation.

Perhaps I am wrong, but there is definitely a change since July 17, and it's not to the good.

JamesNorth101 07-30-2015 12:56 PM

Re: The end of PayPal Stealth?

It just means PayPal did not link what your doing

PayPal stealth is still alive and well so long as its done correctly. Sell high risk items and you will always run the chance of getting shut down

xxrange 07-30-2015 01:10 PM

Here comes the sky

chane87 07-30-2015 01:10 PM

I don't sell high risk items but 3 of my paypal got limited

yankee 07-30-2015 01:16 PM

Paypal was tough two months ago. Now seem to be back to normal or not hyper sensitive.

Ebay is the beast right now.

Are your accounts in similar locations and sell similar items?
If not, do you ship from one location? If so, do you print from ebay?

Welbs 07-30-2015 02:17 PM

mines the opposite yankee...ebay is no problem but paypal is the beast right now deffo.....limited 2 of my accs this month since split which ive had no bother with in last 12 months......no coincidence :(

Bunneh 07-30-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chane87 (Post 690541)
I don't sell high risk items but 3 of my paypal got limited

Selling replica items is high risk..

wired 07-31-2015 01:41 AM

Why dont the account sellers make a list and publish it as a sticky as to what is high risk.

There is always talk of what is high risk, but many people are not aware of what is and what not. Everyone just thinks Vero or branded items is high risk.

I was once told £25 items where high risk because of the price. Well i definitely aint in it for sell £4.99 bits of tat from China :)

dealagreeproceed 07-31-2015 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 690759)
Why dont the account sellers make a list and publish it as a sticky as to what is high risk.

There is always talk of what is high risk, but many people are not aware of what is and what not. Everyone just thinks Vero or branded items is high risk.

I was once told £25 items where high risk because of the price. Well i definitely aint in it for sell £4.99 bits of tat from China :)

no offense but that would take a century n a half to do...:doh:
for the most part its common sense and lots of threads on it already...

rsot 07-31-2015 03:36 AM

Stealth will always live on - in different forms and approaches

muzzie 07-31-2015 03:59 AM

I've fought the suspension wave successfully - sent tons of docs, spent like 2-3 full days just to resolve all PP questions. Not a single suspension. And I sell very risky stuff.

wired 07-31-2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 690761)
no offense but that would take a century n a half to do...:doh:
for the most part its common sense and lots of threads on it already...

Not at all, no it wouldnt.

Sellers of accounts always blame high risk items, which of course they could be right. So, what are high risk items.

Ill start you off...

Branded Goods - any 'official' brand
Replica Items - every item in the world is a replica of something in a way, so what classes as a replica?
Value ??? what is the value of a high risk item?

wired 07-31-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 690779)
I've fought the suspension wave successfully - sent tons of docs, spent like 2-3 full days just to resolve all PP questions. Not a single suspension. And I sell very risky stuff.

Eastern Europe..its like the wild west, you've only just got electricity and computers havent you? :)

dealagreeproceed 07-31-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 690819)
Eastern Europe..its like the wild west, you've only just got electricity and computers havent you? :)

:shocked::lol::lol:

joesshooze 08-02-2015 08:00 AM

I think PP & EB are especially tough recently. Lost 2 EB & PP accts. one was over a year old.

muzzie 08-02-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 690819)

Very funny. We live in caves and eat raw mammoth meat. And our internet works via post pigeons.

yankee 08-02-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 691395)
I think PP & EB are especially tough recently. Lost 2 EB & PP accts. one was over a year old.

Paypal for sure goes through series of hyper sensitivity and that does not bother me personally because I can almost always fix the problem. Paypal tells you exact what you can do to restore the account or not.

Ebay on the other hand seems to hate anyone who can sell a lot of a few items. If you have 50 unique items run on auction and end this week, A-OK usually. If you run 50 auctions of the same item, ebay closes your account for risky behavior unless it is a business account. Nothing you can do most of the time. No action plan or steps to move forward.

My point to this is that ebay is evolving and it is more challenging to do consistent big business across multiple accounts that it was say five months ago.

Haidukken 08-02-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram (Post 690535)
Now it's starting to look like the eBay and PayPal separation is the worst thing that could've happened to stealth users.

Separation was done on July 17, I got an account limited for 180 days on July 17 and another one 10 days later on July 27.

I know what I am selling has a lot to do with the limitation, but now things has changed, at least for me, before my eBay account was the first to get suspended then my PayPal account will follow in a week, my main concern used to be with eBay and how to stay under the radar. After a few months I have learned quite a few things and managed to stay under the radar on eBay, I managed to sell without getting my listing removed.

Now things has changed, it's PayPal that is initiating the suspension first which will eventually lead to an eBay suspension.

I am not saying that this unheard of, I am only saying for me it was never like this before, it seems that PayPal upgraded their security system, new accounts are being put under a random review, they are more strict then they used to be before the separation.

Perhaps I am wrong, but there is definitely a change since July 17, and it's not to the good.

I might be talking out of my ass here, but what you posted has not real points in it that would apply to other cases. Seems that your account was just limited and the stuff that you were selling is problematic.

To call it "end of Paypal Stealth" is just clickbaiting thread with a bit of added fearmongering.

MM78 08-02-2015 10:46 AM

HAHA, there's always a thread or ten with the same damn subject line! Can we please stop with these post.

wired 08-04-2015 01:44 AM

Still waiting for 'High Risk' summary...

Callidus 08-04-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 691890)
Still waiting for 'High Risk' summary...

From whom? No one is going to give a 'high risk' summary.

wired 08-04-2015 02:44 AM

So stop using it as a reason stealth accounts go down.

If its mythical, then its not real, no proof, it dosent exist.