Paypal Account Limited (then restored the next year) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Paypal Account Limited (then restored the next year)

It has been awhile since I have been on these boards, but I have an issue. I sell on ebay, not a big seller, I believe I can/have sold less then 10K easily, just pretty much doing it to supplement my regular job income. I have been dealing with the whole limit on paypal accounts for several years now.... I do not want to give paypal my ssn for fear of them losing it or sending info to send it to the IRS and make false claims that I sold certain amounts and I have no receipts to show what i paid for the items I have collected.

So when my paypal account gets limited, I just create a new account until that one gets limited, usually when I meet a threshold of when they "think" I will reach 20k for the year. Mostly I am selling stuff I have around house and so forth so I am not a business so to speak, more as hobby, BUT I have a lot of stuff I have collected over the years and trying to figure taxes seems like an additional headache I do not want to deal with for things in my collections over the years or pay a CPA to do it either, that is just more money. I have not been banned from ebay or paypal, just a regular seller/buyer who doesn't want to deal with tax stuff over small amounts. I could see if I treated it like a business and sold $50k plus, but I do not have time for that due to my regular job and of course tax headaches. Anyways, I had two paypal accounts that were limited last year (requiring my ssn to use it again), I went to login into those accounts and they are no longer asking for the ssn and the red dot is not showing at the top of the account page for either.

My main question is, does paypal restore those accounts and remove limit after a certain amount of inactivity?

Keep in mind those accounts all had my regular valid bank accounts and sorry about the additional info, just wanted to make sure you saw where I was coming from that I was not trying to be a "stealth" so to speak. Also is there any other option to be able to sell my collectibles without it being such a pain? I would like to sell more stuff, but feel it will just limit a paypal account even faster, I am thinking my only option is to register as a business with an EIN I guess.... though I am really trying not too because of the tax pain.

Appreciate your help on this....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Paypal Account Limited (then restored the next year)

if you stay under the threshold on paypal, it usually resets the following year.

For example in the UK we have a £1800 receiving limit but when we reach around £1500 in the account we get ask to supply ID. If we stay under the £1500 it will reset the following year back to 0 until you reach that £1500 again.

Last edited by Bunneh; 08-02-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
if you stay under the threshold on paypal, it usually resets the following year.

For example in the UK we have a £1800 recweiving limit but when we reach around £1500 in the account we get ask to supply ID. If we stay under the £1500 it will reset the following year back to 0 until you reach that £1500 again.
I think that is around $2200-$2400 USD a year you mention, I think that is about the time they limit it for me here in the U.S. when I reach that amount of money received.
Old 08-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

no you misunderstand me.
I know you are in the USA. but i was using UK paypal as an example. The USA limits will be different. I think it is around $20000 but you need to stay under a certain value to not be asked for your SSN etc.
Old 08-02-2015

Longevity: 56%

Lol, how many people are going to read the title of this thread with a little sex wee of excitement thinking someone got their limited paypal restored after a year
Old 08-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Lol, how many people are going to read the title of this thread with a little sex wee of excitement thinking someone got their limited paypal restored after a year
lol to be honest thats why i looked
Old 08-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
It was more of a soft limit, not a closure or restricted account. I have not tried them yet, but will and let you know if I am able to receive a payment again. But I don't sell VERO type items nor high risk items as most of the stuff I sells usually sells for around $5-$10 and up including shipping. I would never sell something on ebay for more then a $100 in most cases. LOL
Old 08-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionman2k View Post
It was more of a soft limit, not a closure or restricted account. I have not tried them yet, but will and let you know if I am able to receive a payment again. But I don't sell VERO type items nor high risk items as most of the stuff I sells usually sells for around $5-$10 and up including shipping. I would never sell something on ebay for more then a $100 in most cases. LOL
yes i know, but as i said if you stay under the USA receiving limit threshold, it will RESET and CLEAR the year later and you will be able to use the account again .. like rinse and repeat.

A lot of USA sellers do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
auctionman2k (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
yes i know, but as i said if you stay under the USA receiving limit threshold, it will RESET and CLEAR the year later and you will be able to use the account again .. like rinse and repeat.

A lot of USA sellers do this.
Thats what it appears to be.... I appreciate the response on that part.... thank you.
Old 08-02-2015
Threadstarter  

But I am curious do I need to keep my payments received under $500 a month as to not trigger this limit again?
Old 08-02-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
lol to be honest thats why i looked
How excited did you get?