Limitation Should I try to BS through it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Limitation Should I try to BS through it?

Ok here is the deal. I have a paypal that just got limited as I was purchasing and trying to make a history with a month old ebay and paypal account.

It has a linked CC
No linked bank account yet
Mobile number (tracfone) is confirmed
Linked to ebay

I bought a few cheaper items and bid on some higher items I knew I wouldnt win. Completely followed stealth. Using a VPN and separate user accounts. Everything by the book.

Was actually logging in to turn it into a seller account and then let it marinate some more. Went to pay for paypal items and there was a problem. Thats when i realized the limitation.

They are asking me to change my password and security questions and business information and well as asking for ID and to add a bank account and confirm it. Although the account is stealth I actually used a name that was a variation of a friends who if needed I could send their ID and probably be fine. The address being different isnt a big deal since I can always say im out of town for a month or 2 for work or to take care of a family member or whatever. i also dont want to burn a bank account if the account isnt going to be unlimited

My question is should I just send in all the info or should i call paypal and try to get around it. I have been around long enough to know that a limitation like this usually doesnt require everything. I get the feeling when I started using the VPN the system caught it as a different IP and wants me to check in. I truely feel like if I called and played a little dumb they would lift the limitation especially since I've bought like $5 worth of stuff. To say we need your ID for that is a bit crazy even for paypal. I've gotten around that type of stuff before. But I also feel like if I just did everything now it would make the account much less susceptible to a limitation in the future and may let me sell unharrassed for awhile.

Would love some input. Thanks.

Last edited by nikedell; 01-14-2016 at 05:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Limitation Should I try to BS through it?

you can either abandon the account and start again, or send them the id they want.

calling them could draw more attention to you, usually better to just let your info pass through their conveyor belt checking system with no eyebrows raised...
Old 01-20-2016

Longevity: 48%

Where did you buy your VPN? Is that a Dedicated IP? Is that a trusted service?
When PP asked you to "change my password and security questions", it means that your IP is not clear or the IPs were different each time you logged in (like, today you logged in from LA and the next day you logged in from NY).
Old 01-20-2016

Longevity: 48%

Everybody have to know that even the VPN services said that the IPs they got are clear, it doesn't mean IP's are 100% clear. There is no way to know the IP has been used before or not. There is still a chance that you will get a dirty IP, and it also happened with me sometimes.