Well, that was fast :/ Verification questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-16-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Unhappy Well, that was fast :/ Verification questions

Finally got my PayPal verified and a few days later I get the dreaded limited email. I'm using my real info for my small business. Their excuse was that customers were complaining or something, but it isn't true, I've been in contact with my customers (I make custom dolls and make relationships with other ladies) and no one has had an issues with me. I'm pretty sure it was from the gift payments I was receiving, which I did stop when I found out it was a no-no, but they must have done a review or something. Just a guess.

So I have a couple questions, since I don't have a License or Passport photo to confirm my identity, would an EBT card work? It is issued from my state (NY)and has my photo and birthday on it?

Also, I need to provide shipping info. One of the transactions is from a gift payment of a friend, I did ship her something in a trade a few weeks back, so my question is does the shipping date have to be AFTER the transaction payment? or does PayPal check the dates and require that the transaction date must come before the shipping date of the tracking #?

And one more question (sorry!!) but one of the transactions they want proof of shipment for, it was only a deposit payment. I ended up refunding the customer the amount because I wasn't sure how long this would take or if my account would even be restored. Even after the refund, PayPal still wants a tracking #?

I appreciate ANY and ALL help given, this forum has been such a big help to me already. Thank you in advance!!

Sara
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Well, that was fast :/ Verification questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabyMaker View Post
So I have a couple questions, since I don't have a License or Passport photo to confirm my identity, would an EBT card work? It is issued from my state (NY)and has my photo and birthday on it?
Sara
As far as the EBT, probably not, if it has your address/photo/B Day, you could call and ask. But they would probably ask what i am already thinking "what kind of ID did you use for getting the EBT?".

Quote:
Also, I need to provide shipping info. One of the transactions is from a gift payment of a friend, I did ship her something in a trade a few weeks back, so my question is does the shipping date have to be AFTER the transaction payment? or does PayPal check the dates and require that the transaction date must come before the shipping date of the tracking #?
Sara

As far as the "Gift" that they want tracking for, was it really a gift or did you receive payment as PP F/F? Could probably use more info on that one to provide any kind of useful knowledge.

Quote:
And one more question (sorry!!) but one of the transactions they want proof of shipment for, it was only a deposit payment. I ended up refunding the customer the amount because I wasn't sure how long this would take or if my account would even be restored. Even after the refund, PayPal still wants a tracking #?
Sara

The deposit you refunded you shouldn't need to worry about tracking on it because you refunded the payment. The question here would be, did you have a eBay transaction associated with this? If you did, did you cancel the transaction in some form or fashion?

It would be helpful if you provided more details. Did you get the requests on the phone, email? What exactly did they ask for or request?

Last edited by davids01; 07-16-2016 at 08:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to davids01 For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your response!

So first, I did have an ID at one point, but it was misplaced, and so was my birth certificate and SS card. I know it sounds stupid and not believable but its the truth, and I've been ripping my house apart trying to find it (I had everything together). It has my photo and DOB but no address, but PayPal is also asking me for proof of address as well separately.

The gift payment was actually a FF payment from a friend who has been helping me out with funds until I got my account set up and confirmed. We had done a trade a few weeks before the payment and I still have that tracking info, or would it be safer to just ship her something now and give a newer tracking #? I just wasn't sure if they looked into the dates etc or if it mattered?

As for the refunded deposit, I invoiced her through PayPal and she paid a partial payment (the invoice was for $170, but accepted at least a $75 partial payment). The problem is, PayPal requires me to put in ALL tracking numbers or nothing, so without adding her tracking #, I can't submit the rest.

I got the email stating that my account has been limited, and in the Resolution Center they are asking me for the following:

1. UPLOAD A PHOTO ID
2. PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR ADDRESS
3. PROVIDE YOUR BUSINESS INFORMATION
4. PROVIDE SUPPLIER INFORMATION
5. PROVIDE SHIPMENT INFO
6. PROVIDE INVOICE

So far I've checked off #3, #4 and #6.

I'm sorry for leaving stuff out, my mind has been all over the place lately.

Thank you so much.
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@TheBabyMaker, just to clarify - the account is in your real info?
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@TheBabyMaker, just to clarify - the account is in your real info?
In another thread, the OP spoke of their attempts and efforts to use real ID.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...nt-limits.html

rsot (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Checked out the thread - wow, creative skills indeed...@TheBabyMaker, for supplier info and few steps, you might want to consider ringing up Paypal to remove those.
Old 07-17-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Checked out the thread - wow, creative skills indeed...@TheBabyMaker, for supplier info and few steps, you might want to consider ringing up Paypal to remove those.

Thank you!! :D

I did actually screen shot a few invoices from the suppliers that I purchase my supplies from and sent that to them, I hope that wasn't a bad idea? They are real invoices I paid and from websites that sell all of the supplies I purchase.

I think I will call them and see exactly what I can do about the ID, I have been avoiding it, because I don't want them looking into all of those gift payments I got in the beginning, I honestly think that I would be fine if I hadn't received them.

I also just signed up for Stripe as I've heard how good it is, although I now they don't accept PP payments, at this point its better than nothing
Old 07-17-2016

Quote:
(I make relationships with other ladies) and no one has had an issues with me.
I've been trying to do this but not sure what I'm doing wrong

This is pretty much inevitable with just about everyone using their paypal account to buy/sell goods. Hence why stealth accounts came into existence. Might want to consider spreading out sales on a few stealth accounts and always be prepared for this to happen. Whenever I see the emails with their requirements as you listed above, I literally say "ok that account has been burnt" and walk away from it moving onto the next one.
The Following User Says Thank You to digim0n For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

@TheBabyMaker, if you can deal with the 5% charge...look into CCNow - the service can be used to invoice ppl in both cc and paypal - so they can pay you with paypal but you would not need an account with pp....
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-17-2016)
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by digim0n View Post
I've been trying to do this but not sure what I'm doing wrong

This is pretty much inevitable with just about everyone using their paypal account to buy/sell goods. Hence why stealth accounts came into existence. Might want to consider spreading out sales on a few stealth accounts and always be prepared for this to happen. Whenever I see the emails with their requirements as you listed above, I literally say "ok that account has been burnt" and walk away from it moving onto the next one.

LOL that first bit made me laugh!!

Yeah I guess you're right, it just sucks because I'm using all real info and trying to run a legit business to care for my kids, which I'm sure many of us are trying to do.

I hope there is still some chance to get this account restored, I will do my best to complete the steps, but won't get my hopes up. I guess I should try and make my first stealth account! We shall see!
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
@TheBabyMaker, if you can deal with the 5% charge...look into CCNow - the service can be used to invoice ppl in both cc and paypal - so they can pay you with paypal but you would not need an account with pp....
Thank you so much for the info!! I'm going to go check them out now!!
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If all you have is the EBT card, then I would upload it. The worst that can happen is PayPal comes back and says we need a driver's license or state ID card. Proof of address is a utility bill.

I do not see any harm in sending the supplier info. In this instance, you are not selling anything counterfeit or illegal.

I have no idea what you mean by gift payments, so I have no idea if that is an issue or not.

All you can do is give PayPal what they are asking for, get on the phone with them and see if they will restore your account. If not, there is always stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
If all you have is the EBT card, then I would upload it. The worst that can happen is PayPal comes back and says we need a driver's license or state ID card. Proof of address is a utility bill.

I do not see any harm in sending the supplier info. In this instance, you are not selling anything counterfeit or illegal.

I have no idea what you mean by gift payments, so I have no idea if that is an issue or not.

All you can do is give PayPal what they are asking for, get on the phone with them and see if they will restore your account. If not, there is always stealth.

Thank you! I was wondering what they would do if I uploaded something that wasn't right or good enough, if they would just deny me or ask for something else...so that is good to know!!

The gift payments were Friends/Family payments, my best friend was sending me funds from her account, which was only maybe 4 times and only $100-$300 per FF payment, but I know that's enough for PP to get suspicious or annoyed with me.

I do plan on reading the book more times, and will go stealth, since I have a feeling my account might not make it :( but not giving up hope JUST yet.

Thank you all SO much for your help!! You all have been so kind!

Sara <3
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Update

Well I decided to call and see what I could do about the 2 payments I had refunded, so that I could post tracking numbers for the rest.

I had submitted my EBT Identification card, and some mail I got from Medicaid showing my name and address, 4 screenshots of invoices and a brief explanation of my business.

I got a guy on the phone and he put me on hold to look at everything, and I was expecting him to come back and give me a list of things I needed to do and that I would need an actual license and utility bill, but instead to my surprise he came back and said he had lifted the limitation and my account should be ready to go in 5-10 mins

I didn't even have to submit the tracking info for the transactions?

So yeah, now my account is back to normal, for now...I know better than to get excited over it though lol but for now I'm going to lay low and try to take it very slowly, and no more gift payments ever.

By the way, has this ever happened to anyone and turned out being ok in the long run? Or should I expect for something to happen again soon?
Old 07-21-2016

Longevity: 44%
Send a message via AIM to benny77

it did happened to me too even if i kept on contacting them and OTP almost an hour like h#ll yet still never get resolved. what a shame neyy

Quote:
Finally got my PayPal verified and a few days later I get the dreaded limited email. I'm using my real info for my small business. Their excuse was that customers were complaining or something, but it isn't true, I've been in contact with my customers (I make custom dolls and make relationships with other ladies) and no one has had an issues with me. I'm pretty sure it was from the gift payments I was receiving, which I did stop when I found out it was a no-no, but they must have done a review or something. Just a guess.

I appreciate ANY and ALL help given, this forum has been such a big help to me already. Thank you in advance!!

Sara