eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   BOA closed my checking accounts..?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/100282-boa-closed-my-checking-accounts.html)

Onion 10-14-2016 04:15 PM

BOA closed my checking accounts..??

Bank of America is totally denying me access to my account, when I try to login it says "No match found. Please create a new Online ID and Passcode." I'm guessing they deleted my accounts, I had two checking & one savings account with them. I have only used one of the checking accounts for PayPal, which I only sent money to it a couple of times (between $100 to $300 deposits). Have any of you guys had this issue with them? And what should I expect when I call them? I'm at work and can't call them for 6 hours or so. And if they did permanently close my account, will they send me a cashiers check or will I have to visit a branch to get my money? I live 200 miles away from the nearest BOA.

hackteck 10-14-2016 04:34 PM

Re: BOA closed my checking accounts..??

the only way to know what happened is to call them let us know what they said

slokor 10-14-2016 06:26 PM

Never had any issues with BoA.
How long have you had the account for?
Call them and see whats up.

phaz0rz 10-14-2016 06:55 PM

That's what happened to me when they closed my accounts. No access to online banking and your debit card stops working. They sent a cashiers check certified mail within a few days.

bluegrass1 10-14-2016 06:59 PM

have you had the account for awhile or >? Closed any accounts on it ?

Onion 10-14-2016 07:02 PM

I just got off the phone with them, they refused to tell me why they closed my accounts and that I'm pretty much banned from opening accounts up with them in the future. -_-

Onion 10-14-2016 07:05 PM

I opened them up about a month ago, and no I've never closed any accounts with them. This was my first time using BOA, I made my first deposit onto a checking account about two weeks ago. I have a 750 credit score and I'm not on chexsystem, I'm 100% sure it was because of my PayPal deposit. Ehh.. oh well

phaz0rz 10-14-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onion (Post 806460)
I just got off the phone with them, they refused to tell me why they closed my accounts and that I'm pretty much banned from opening accounts up with them in the future. -_-

Suspicious activity most likely. I know you said you hadn't received much money, but were you leaving a very small balance? That's what did mine in. They wouldn't tell me at first but I finally got the manager to tell me something a few months later when I tried opening a business account with them.

Onion 10-14-2016 07:21 PM

I have $600 on one of my checking accounts, $100 on the other, and $150 on my savings account. I barely used my debit card for the first time a couple of days ago. I went to buy lunch today and my damn card got declined. Were you able to open the business account with them?

phaz0rz 10-14-2016 07:28 PM

No, the lady looked at me like I was stupid when I tried. I went to Wells Fargo, lol.

It could have been the sudden debit card usage.. but who knows. I had an account closed at a different bank because I suddenly started making large postage purchases for my business using my debit card which was pretty much unused before that. They didn't like the spike in activity and closed my account. Coincidentally, I only used that debit card because BoA had just closed my accounts.

aspkin 10-14-2016 07:37 PM

That's the first I'm hearing of BoA doing that..

I'm guessing since your account is so new you were still in a trial period or period of review.. they saw something they didn't like and shut you down... weird.

Were these personal PayPal accounts?

N@Kes 10-15-2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Bank of America is totally denying me access to my account, when I try to login it says "No match found. Please create a new Online ID and Passcode." I'm guessing they deleted my accounts, I had two checking & one savings account with them. I have only used one of the checking accounts for PayPal, which I only sent money to it a couple of times (between $100 to $300 deposits). Have any of you guys had this issue with them? And what should I expect when I call them? I'm at work and can't call them for 6 hours or so. And if they did permanently close my account, will they send me a cashiers check or will I have to visit a branch to get my money? I live 200 miles away from the nearest BOA.
Visit in Branch BOA and speak with agent, or wait check in your address.
If BOA closed account they never open it back

snoopdoug 10-15-2016 02:49 PM

BoA closed my accounts too. Then like 2-3 years later they sent me a check of all the balances lol

suspendedfoe 10-15-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopdoug (Post 806584)
BoA closed my accounts too. Then like 2-3 years later they sent me a check of all the balances lol

How much were the checks for?

phaz0rz 10-16-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopdoug (Post 806584)

I would have been in the branch within 5 days if I hadn't received my check. It's illegal for them to hold your money like that. I got a cashier check in the mail literally 48 hours after they closed my accounts.

bluegrass1 10-16-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 806689)
I would have been in the branch within 5 days if I hadn't received my check. It's illegal for them to hold your money like that. I got a cashier check in the mail literally 48 hours after they closed my accounts.

BBT is still holding like 40 bucks of mine said its not your money so we are not giving it to you .. My account is closed but i got a thing in the mail them taking their monthly fee out of my 40 bucks
Going to call them in the morning :mad:

phaz0rz 10-16-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegrass1 (Post 806778)
BBT is still holding like 40 bucks of mine said its not your money so we are not giving it to you .. My account is closed but i got a thing in the mail them taking their monthly fee out of my 40 bucks
Going to call them in the morning :mad:

I had a somewhat similar experience with BoA and learned it's very difficult for a bank to fully close an account. I got a cashiers check with the balance for all of my accounts but BoA accounts were still attached to 2 of my Paypals. I tried to withdraw like $100 just to see what would happen, and to my surprise it went through. So I continued using it for withdrawals for about 6 more months until I got another check from them with a letter saying my account is now "fully closed" and will not accept any more deposits.

Moral of the story: I continued depositing money and receiving account statements for like 6 months after BoA closed my accounts. I just couldn't use my debit card or online banking.

snoopdoug 10-16-2016 05:18 PM

It was a check for 5500$. They told me I needed to bring a notarized letter of the stealth name who was making the deposits and they wont be releasing the money unless I bring that. It was impossible for me so I gave up and they randomly sent me a mail years later telling me I have an unclaimed check.

user3657 10-17-2016 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 806468)
No, the lady looked at me like I was stupid when I tried. I went to Wells Fargo, lol.

It could have been the sudden debit card usage.. but who knows. I had an account closed at a different bank because I suddenly started making large postage purchases for my business using my debit card which was pretty much unused before that. They didn't like the spike in activity and closed my account. Coincidentally, I only used that debit card because BoA had just closed my accounts.

I know this is not helpfull because its a credit card account,

but a few years ago BOA closed 3 credit cards of mine for no reason. They simply said they no longer wish to do business with me...something along those lines.

I hate BOA. perfect credit.

Chris18181 10-18-2016 12:01 AM

I've had BOA for 2 years now, no problems yet

devin3030 10-25-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 806689)

Hi, i had the same problem and got the cashiers check but i want to know, can i deposit the check at a different bank with a different name on the account?

agent006140 10-26-2019 09:37 AM

I dont think so,but you never know?