eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can they really sue this guy? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/101118-can-they-really-sue-guy.html)

smartguy 11-15-2016 05:36 AM

Can they really sue this guy?

There are many moral guys who won't still anything, but they don't like be taken either. You know like those guys who come to your door after 2 years to pay you an old debt? Sometimes just 5$ that you borrowed him when you and him was toghether in the high-school?

Anyway, a guy got limited on PayPal. So he opened 5 accounts. Boom then they got limited again, one by one not all at once. Maybe they didn't linked him, but in some countries is very hard to get 500$ without a limitation. He said he will not go so far and send "cakes" to PayPal. In some countries PayPal when they will limit you, they will also won't allow you to send refunds either.

Anyway, PayPal locked around 3000$ from 5 accounts, multiple sales during around 6-9 months period. Basically he created 2 accounts, and transfer money to one of them from his card. He withdraw, and then he charge back himself.
He left the second account negative around 3000$
Not a single cent extra, not a single cent less, then he sent an e-mail to PayPal telling them what he just did and asking them very politely to move funds from limited accounts to the negative one.

PayPal is telling they won't do it only after he sends docs, and that they will take legal actions against him anyway for what he did. Can they really sue him?!:bird:

rsot 11-15-2016 07:03 AM

Re: Can they really sue this guy?

Legal questions are best handled by professionals like lawyers - not for forum to deal with.

"a guy got limited on Paypal" = you?

JamesNorth101 11-15-2016 07:06 AM

Sounds a lot like he has tried to scam PayPal to me so yes they will try to get those funds back however they can.

Neez 11-15-2016 07:28 AM

Well, it's not like they can just move funds from one account to another even if it sounds logical, they have to follow their strict instructions. And it means it will be treaten like this guy scammed PayPal for 3000$.

smartguy 11-15-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 812076)
Sounds a lot like he has tried to scam PayPal to me so yes they will try to get those funds back however they can.

Where is the scam? He got 3000 in PayPal and he took away 3000$ in a bad way. Then he wrote paypal to move the funds from + accounts to the - one.

Where is the scam?

JamesNorth101 11-15-2016 07:32 AM

The first bit is the scam.

It doesn't matter if he has $3k limited in PayPal. PayPal cannot just move funds from 1 limited account to another. That isn't how it works even if it seems like that should be fine it really isn't.

oompaloompa 11-15-2016 07:33 AM

is this in real details? never heard of them suing, but they do send it to collections agents...........

if you told them the money is in another paypal, they have no idea if the other paypal is actually authorised by its owner to pay off the debt.... is the other paypal in the same details or different ones?

since they get to keep the monies in the other paypal, the debt has been paid.... it is probably all automated or a low-paid goon is just pressing buttons, I would not submit any docs to them

I do not know legally, but I think if it ever got to that point, you have proof of the other pot of money they kept....and that they refused to transfer it....and you are not obliged to submit docs, so the ball is in their court........what paypal wants is for the neg balance to get paid via credit card or paypal transfer or whatever and then to wait for the other limited paypal withdrawal at 180 days.....

smartguy 11-15-2016 07:35 AM

It's not about me GUYS. I had to learn it the hard way.

Like: I add 3 business day shipping time, first I withdraw/spend the money then i send the items. If I got limit i just ask very nicely the buyer to ask for a refund with the message to paypal "seller refuse to ship as his account got limited".

oompaloompa 11-15-2016 07:38 AM

so you are asking about your supplier who cannot ship, as they got limited? then your only problem is only to chargeback or do a dispute...

smartguy 11-15-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 812091)
so you are asking about your supplier who cannot ship, as they got limited? then your only problem is only to chargeback or do a dispute...

No. I am asking about a guy. there are to many people who are getting e-mails about "we will take legal action against you" from PayPal.

Can they really do any hurt to him this way?

oompaloompa 11-15-2016 07:48 AM

they can only send it to collections agents - how that pans out is down to the details you registered with...

maybe your friend should not read the emails, deleting the email account is handy for that!!

JamesNorth101 11-15-2016 07:48 AM

If your friend is the one having all these issues then it would be best your friend comes here and asks

empirestate 11-15-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 812096)
If your friend is the one having all these issues then it would be best your friend comes here and asks

Sometimes people create "bestfriends" to avoid being asked or being shamed.

rsot 11-15-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 812108)

Precisely - or best to have that friend join up

Breakthecycle2 11-15-2016 11:31 AM

Whats happening is, paypal is not suing him, the DEBT Collector is and yes debt collectors can sue.

JamesNorth101 11-15-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 812108)

I know :)

It makes it hard to answer questions though when that pretence it kept up

ShowMeDude 11-17-2016 02:56 AM

Sounds to me like Credit Card Fraud is what he did. I am I following it correctly?

He opened a Paypal, attached a Credit Card, used the account to send money to his other acccount. Withdrew the money he sent himself, then iniated a chargeback on the 1st account. So paypal covered the chargeback, and put his account negative for the chargeback amount and he got the money from the 2nd account.

BiN4RY 11-17-2016 03:11 AM

Right... a "friend" did this... :rolleyes:

The process you've described where you used a credit card to pay yourself and then purposely making a chargeback is most definitely considered as credit card fraud, no matter how you try and justify your reasons. Better hope Paypal doesn't come after you, because you could be charged with some serious federal crimes on top of some significant amount of legal fees and fines.

Ooops did i say "you"? I meant your "friend" ;)

JamesNorth101 11-17-2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMeDude (Post 812490)
Sounds to me like Credit Card Fraud is what he did. I am I following it correctly?

He opened a Paypal, attached a Credit Card, used the account to send money to his other acccount. Withdrew the money he sent himself, then iniated a chargeback on the 1st account. So paypal covered the chargeback, and put his account negative for the chargeback amount and he got the money from the 2nd account.

Yep that is exactly what happened.

rsot 11-17-2016 07:38 AM

Y'all prob chased the user from the forum hah :FF: good clarification ShowMeDude :thumb:

ilcarletto 11-17-2016 08:08 AM

to be noticed, OP username is "smartguy" :lol:

BiN4RY 11-17-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 812538)
Y'all prob chased the user from the forum hah :FF: good clarification ShowMeDude :thumb:

I'd say it's for the better. We don't need to help people to get away with fraud.