eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/105137-one-paypal-credit-account-used-two-separate-pp-accounts.html)

nativespells 02-15-2017 09:40 PM

One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Hello everyone, first time thread poster, but long time user here, mainly in the marketplace. Nice to meet you!

This may be a dumb question, I'm leaning towards yes. Anyways long story short, I had an old paypal that was under my real info that I used PP credit on, and my account ended up being limited permanently, this was about 3 years ago. My question is, will Paypal be able to link my old limited account with my new stealth account if I remove/unlink PP Credit from my old account, and move it over to my new account, resulting in a ban on my new account?

I have already contacted PP and had them unlink it from my old account, I'm just waiting to hear some responses before I go ahead and link to the new one. Thanks everybody I appreciate any help offered.

dallis 02-15-2017 09:46 PM

Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

PP saves all info forever.

If you move it over to the new account, they will immediately know where it came from and they will shut down the new account as well.

In short, the answer is YES, they will link them.

nativespells 02-15-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 830574)
PP saves all info forever.

If you move it over to the new account, they will immediately know where it came from and they will shut down the new account as well.

In short, the answer is YES, they will link them.

Ok I figured, so that makes me wonder if I would be able to quickly add it and make the purchase I need to, and then just make payments as usual to my PP credit account (PP allows you to make payments as usual even after limiting, obviously). Cause I really only need to use my PP credit account for one single purchase I'm making and then i'm done with it.

You think that would be possible, or is this something they would shut down near instantly?

dallis 02-16-2017 03:58 PM

Can't begin to guess the speed of their reaction time, probably depends on what you did in the first place...

slokor 02-16-2017 04:32 PM

You wont be able to do it.
You already have the paypal credit attached to an account on your name which used your personal info - including your SSN - to open. Its a line of credit and as such Paypal credit CANNOT be opened on yet another account. They will not let you open two lines of credit using your personal info.

nativespells 02-16-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 830756)
You wont be able to do it.
You already have the paypal credit attached to an account on your name which used your personal info - including your SSN - to open. Its a line of credit and as such Paypal credit CANNOT be opened on yet another account. They will not let you open two lines of credit using your personal info.

It wouldn't be a new line of credit, it would be the same credit line opened previously, they allow you to use it on separate accounts, but it can only be linked to one paypal account at a time. It works as a separate entity, not conjoined permanently to a singular paypal account.

Also to the post above, I was limited because I refused to pay paypal back my negative balance after a buyer/scammer filed a bank dispute on me out of nowhere that PP didn't cover.

slokor 02-16-2017 05:47 PM

I highly doubt what youre saying is true.
The line of credit is linked to a limited paypal account. You cannot disassociate it from one paypal account and reattach it to another.
Go ahead and try it and youll see for yourself.

rsot 02-16-2017 09:13 PM

Do NOT reuse old info of ANY kind - whether cc or reg info

dallis 02-17-2017 11:53 PM

If you expect any money to be available on a PP Credit or debit card attached to an overdrawn PP account that is closed due to you failing to reimburse for a lost claim, you're playing with half a deck.

Try calling the number on the back of the card and checking your balance.

brew7676 08-10-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nativespells (Post 830572)
Hello everyone, first time thread poster, but long time user here, mainly in the marketplace. Nice to meet you!

This may be a dumb question, I'm leaning towards yes. Anyways long story short, I had an old paypal that was under my real info that I used PP credit on, and my account ended up being limited permanently, this was about 3 years ago. My question is, will Paypal be able to link my old limited account with my new stealth account if I remove/unlink PP Credit from my old account, and move it over to my new account, resulting in a ban on my new account?

I have already contacted PP and had them unlink it from my old account, I'm just waiting to hear some responses before I go ahead and link to the new one. Thanks everybody I appreciate any help offered.

Did paypal ever figure it out or is your paypal still active?