One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-15-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Hello everyone, first time thread poster, but long time user here, mainly in the marketplace. Nice to meet you!

This may be a dumb question, I'm leaning towards yes. Anyways long story short, I had an old paypal that was under my real info that I used PP credit on, and my account ended up being limited permanently, this was about 3 years ago. My question is, will Paypal be able to link my old limited account with my new stealth account if I remove/unlink PP Credit from my old account, and move it over to my new account, resulting in a ban on my new account?

I have already contacted PP and had them unlink it from my old account, I'm just waiting to hear some responses before I go ahead and link to the new one. Thanks everybody I appreciate any help offered.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 02-15-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,126
Thanks: 11
Thanked 750 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

PP saves all info forever.

If you move it over to the new account, they will immediately know where it came from and they will shut down the new account as well.

In short, the answer is YES, they will link them.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
juanaiguana (02-16-2017)
  #3  
Old 02-15-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
PP saves all info forever.

If you move it over to the new account, they will immediately know where it came from and they will shut down the new account as well.

In short, the answer is YES, they will link them.
Ok I figured, so that makes me wonder if I would be able to quickly add it and make the purchase I need to, and then just make payments as usual to my PP credit account (PP allows you to make payments as usual even after limiting, obviously). Cause I really only need to use my PP credit account for one single purchase I'm making and then i'm done with it.

You think that would be possible, or is this something they would shut down near instantly?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,126
Thanks: 11
Thanked 750 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Can't begin to guess the speed of their reaction time, probably depends on what you did in the first place...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2017
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,168
Thanks: 282
Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,393 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

You wont be able to do it.
You already have the paypal credit attached to an account on your name which used your personal info - including your SSN - to open. Its a line of credit and as such Paypal credit CANNOT be opened on yet another account. They will not let you open two lines of credit using your personal info.
__________________
USA SELLER ACCOUNT EXCLUSIVES: 1,000/$100,000 AND 5,000/$500,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
You wont be able to do it.
You already have the paypal credit attached to an account on your name which used your personal info - including your SSN - to open. Its a line of credit and as such Paypal credit CANNOT be opened on yet another account. They will not let you open two lines of credit using your personal info.
It wouldn't be a new line of credit, it would be the same credit line opened previously, they allow you to use it on separate accounts, but it can only be linked to one paypal account at a time. It works as a separate entity, not conjoined permanently to a singular paypal account.


Also to the post above, I was limited because I refused to pay paypal back my negative balance after a buyer/scammer filed a bank dispute on me out of nowhere that PP didn't cover.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2017
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,168
Thanks: 282
Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,393 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

I highly doubt what youre saying is true.
The line of credit is linked to a limited paypal account. You cannot disassociate it from one paypal account and reattach it to another.
Go ahead and try it and youll see for yourself.
__________________
USA SELLER ACCOUNT EXCLUSIVES: 1,000/$100,000 AND 5,000/$500,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2017
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,248
Thanks: 4,616
Thanked 7,106 Times in 6,473 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Do NOT reuse old info of ANY kind - whether cc or reg info
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-17-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,126
Thanks: 11
Thanked 750 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

If you expect any money to be available on a PP Credit or debit card attached to an overdrawn PP account that is closed due to you failing to reimburse for a lost claim, you're playing with half a deck.

Try calling the number on the back of the card and checking your balance.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 116
Thanks: 15
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: One Paypal Credit account used on two separate PP accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativespells View Post
Hello everyone, first time thread poster, but long time user here, mainly in the marketplace. Nice to meet you!

This may be a dumb question, I'm leaning towards yes. Anyways long story short, I had an old paypal that was under my real info that I used PP credit on, and my account ended up being limited permanently, this was about 3 years ago. My question is, will Paypal be able to link my old limited account with my new stealth account if I remove/unlink PP Credit from my old account, and move it over to my new account, resulting in a ban on my new account?

I have already contacted PP and had them unlink it from my old account, I'm just waiting to hear some responses before I go ahead and link to the new one. Thanks everybody I appreciate any help offered.
Did paypal ever figure it out or is your paypal still active?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do i need separate data sim for each paypal account or doi use 1 sim and log ip`s Jagsy UK PayPal Talk 2 10-17-2016 12:30 AM
Are separate user accounts really separate? jojo2012 Subscriber Discussions 9 06-10-2015 06:43 AM
Creating separate accounts on MAC shaggydoo Subscriber Discussions 16 05-11-2015 05:45 AM
Separate accounts on Mac OS and windows on Mac mogreen Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts 0 02-16-2010 05:59 AM
Using separate Windows accounts, do you still need to change your IP? ibanez13 eBay Tracking 13 09-28-2009 01:03 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts