eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal has stepped it up a notch.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/107924-paypal-has-stepped-up-notch.html)

Onion 06-04-2017 03:46 AM

PayPal has stepped it up a notch..

I have been creating stealth accounts for the past 7 years, I have never had a problem creating them until recently. If you haven't noticed in the PayPal limited section, new stealth accounts are getting obliterated right as they are made. I went to the store and bought a few vanilla visa cards, Walmart gift cards, and cards through a local credit union. I created 5 stealth accounts, half of them got instantly limited right as I made them, the other half got limited as soon as I created listings for cheap products.

I was kind of fishy on this, so I created a couple of accounts using my real credit cards on stealth accounts with stealth names/addresses. None of those accounts were limited, I feel PayPal has stepped up their A game. I usually age my accounts 90 days or so, but as I stated above, half of them got instantly limited upon creation. I think they developed an algorithm to determine names to addresses through the public database. I don't get why my real credit cards are working and not other gift cards?

empirestate 06-04-2017 07:23 AM

Re: PayPal has stepped it up a notch..

Let's wait for more people to report the same results to confirm that there is problem with gift cards.......

nyc 06-04-2017 11:22 AM

I have not observed this behavior.

StudMuffin 06-04-2017 01:34 PM

Omg agreed, I have had nothing but issues since the beginning of the month. I will try using different cards to see if it changes anything.

meriscope 06-05-2017 12:37 AM

Paypal did not allow me to link vanilla visa card anymore, which is supper wired. The same bin of vanilla visa has been used for multiple time during past several years.

slokor 06-05-2017 12:45 AM

Have you tried to create accounts using VBAs?

sax4 06-05-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

I don't get why my real credit cards are working and not other gift cards?
As you say it seems that Paypal have stepped it up, the evidence is before you.

Seems like they are blocking prepaid cards like Amazon do

Onion 06-05-2017 10:52 AM

I always attach a VBA, it didn't make any difference.

I bought a few reloadable cards just now, I am going to try using them just for the card number (never use these for withdrawing). I'll let you guys know if any stealth accouny gets instantly limited.

MM78 06-05-2017 10:57 AM

Just made a few accounts, all is great......

Onion 06-05-2017 11:54 AM

Good to hear MM78, I hope I'm just blowing this out of proportion. I created two accounts so far using reloadable cards, both accounts are good to go.

slokor 06-05-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onion (Post 850984)
I always attach a VBA, it didn't make any difference.

I bought a few reloadable cards just now, I am going to try using them just for the card number (never use these for withdrawing). I'll let you guys know if any stealth accouny gets instantly limited.

I meant adding a VBA and NOT adding a VCC.
That's how I do things - never had an issue.

mmartin9999 06-07-2017 04:50 AM

you think Paypal isn't smart enough to track BIN's? Of course they know when you use a prepaid card.

VBA much safer way to go

fox20c 06-07-2017 07:59 AM

It comes down to quality. PP and EB could detect BINs, VBAs, IPs, Proxies, VPSs, all pretty easily if they wanted to. The way to avoid and mitigate problems is to get quality assets to make your stealth account and follow proper stealth procedure. Been using my own private source for credit cards for years now and never had one problem. It all comes down to quality.

glacier922 06-07-2017 03:38 PM

No problems here, users are just junior members, probably didn't read the stealth book.

nate 06-07-2017 04:10 PM

I made a PayPal account last night with only a vanilla visa and a VOIP number with no issue. I confirmed the visa this morning.

Ever since PayPal updated the look of their site last fall vanilla visa and MC are labeled as Pre-Paid when you add them. If you go to your card on file from the summary page and click on the visa card. It's right under your bank account on the left side of the page, it'll say Pre-Paid on the page that opens.

nate 06-07-2017 08:12 PM

Does anyone know if visa gift cards from giftcards.com that have been registered with address and zip show up as pre-paid on paypal like vanilla visa does?

My statement that you can register their gift cards with full AVS address and zip is only based off of what I read on the giftcards.com facts page.

Ayusaga 06-08-2017 02:10 PM

Lol, I just messaged you about this, didn't know you made a thread already.

They DEFINITELY have been banlisting Vanilla VISAS AND Vanilla mastercards. I'm not too sure about MyVanilla and OneVanilla cards though.

This has been going on since the middle of April. They upped their security measures in their security algorithm. There are ways to circumvent it though. I have messaged you, Onion and a few others, on how to go about doing that.

dom03 06-13-2017 12:12 PM

Can you pm me also, I am having difficulty adding prepaid visa cards to my PP - keeps giving me an error cannot add at this time, tried a few new accounts whereas it was working fine a couple weeks ago with the same type of cards!

Can someone please help me with their suggestion?

aspkin 06-13-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 851385)
It comes down to quality. PP and EB could detect BINs, VBAs, IPs, Proxies, VPSs, all pretty easily if they wanted to. The way to avoid and mitigate problems is to get quality assets to make your stealth account and follow proper stealth procedure. Been using my own private source for credit cards for years now and never had one problem. It all comes down to quality.

I like this.

It's what eBay Stealth tries to preach.. quality accounts do much better than the alternative.

Take your time when creating accounts, use high quality *assests* and you shouldn't have any issues.

bjammin 06-13-2017 05:38 PM

I have been using the same card as well for almost 3 years now without issues. But I do no think it is necessarily the card only. I think paypal has made other updates as well. I would be curious as to what these people are using fir IP addresses, and what country they are in when they are logging into the account.

nate 06-13-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 852393)
I have been using the same card as well for almost 3 years now without issues. But I do no think it is necessarily the card only. I think paypal has made other updates as well. I would be curious as to what these people are using fir IP addresses, and what country they are in when they are logging into the account.

Verizon & AT&T MiFi from USA. No issues with vanilla yet. Made a PP last month and this month with no issues. Got 1st few sales on some other accounts made the same way and had no issues. Sold some tools and parts off of direct tv boxes.

I'd like to add I figured I'd give giftcards.com a try since their facts page made it sound like their cards had full AVS. I ordered the card in the stealth name I'm about to use and had it shipped to my address. I activated the card and tried to register the stealth address I'm about to use but the website wouldn't let me do it. It's stuck with the address I mailed it to since their submit link goes no where, it only refreshes the page. I called customer service and they said they would have to unregistered the card which can take two business days, then I can use the their website to register the card with the address I want. So far I'm not impressed and it's a pain in the ass but in my situation with plenty of accounts I can wait.

ploughman 06-23-2017 12:17 AM

Got the SSN nag for the first time ever on business acct.

Not sure where to post this, but am doing so here because maybe it has something to do with this issue.

I tried withdrawing from a business account to a credit union acct. tonight and for the first time ever got the "more information needed" screen where it wanted me to input an SSN and birthdate for the registered name. Because, y'know, the Patriot Act, etc.

The account is a stealth but it has been functioning without issue for 10 years now. It's a business account with a linked EIN in lieu of an SSN and a business name.

It has been very stable and with no issues for some 6 years now, but if memory serves the last linked credit card was a Vanilla Visa. The only other possible issue I can think of was a recent VERO hit on eBay for a single item, but that was the first in some 18 months. I had logins in May and February from outside the U.S. but gave warnings on those with travel notices and didn't have any issues.

The screen gave me a "Not now" option and I X-ed out and did the transfer (of $44) and it's acting like it will go through, but I wonder if something new is upsetting the apple cart on security. Nothing has bounced from my bank account (they've always accepted deposits) even though there would be a mismatch between the name there and the person name the PayPal was registered with 10 years ago if there was any sharing.

The last issue with PayPal was the one 6 years ago where a credit card that had been working suddenly didn't and they wanted another one, which I believe was a Vanilla Visa good to 2020 or something like that (taking advice from here).

Any ideas? Am worried they'll keep nagging and eventually restrict.