PayPal has stepped it up a notch.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default PayPal has stepped it up a notch..

I have been creating stealth accounts for the past 7 years, I have never had a problem creating them until recently. If you haven't noticed in the PayPal limited section, new stealth accounts are getting obliterated right as they are made. I went to the store and bought a few vanilla visa cards, Walmart gift cards, and cards through a local credit union. I created 5 stealth accounts, half of them got instantly limited right as I made them, the other half got limited as soon as I created listings for cheap products.

I was kind of fishy on this, so I created a couple of accounts using my real credit cards on stealth accounts with stealth names/addresses. None of those accounts were limited, I feel PayPal has stepped up their A game. I usually age my accounts 90 days or so, but as I stated above, half of them got instantly limited upon creation. I think they developed an algorithm to determine names to addresses through the public database. I don't get why my real credit cards are working and not other gift cards?
The Following User Says Thank You to Onion For This Useful Post:
jholl99 (06-17-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: PayPal has stepped it up a notch..

Let's wait for more people to report the same results to confirm that there is problem with gift cards.......
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

I have not observed this behavior.
Old 06-04-2017

Longevity: 39%

Omg agreed, I have had nothing but issues since the beginning of the month. I will try using different cards to see if it changes anything.
Old 06-05-2017

Longevity: 69%

Paypal did not allow me to link vanilla visa card anymore, which is supper wired. The same bin of vanilla visa has been used for multiple time during past several years.
Old 06-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Have you tried to create accounts using VBAs?
Old 06-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I don't get why my real credit cards are working and not other gift cards?
As you say it seems that Paypal have stepped it up, the evidence is before you.

Seems like they are blocking prepaid cards like Amazon do
Old 06-05-2017
Threadstarter  

I always attach a VBA, it didn't make any difference.

I bought a few reloadable cards just now, I am going to try using them just for the card number (never use these for withdrawing). I'll let you guys know if any stealth accouny gets instantly limited.
Old 06-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Just made a few accounts, all is great......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-13-2017), nate (06-07-2017)
Old 06-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Good to hear MM78, I hope I'm just blowing this out of proportion. I created two accounts so far using reloadable cards, both accounts are good to go.
Old 06-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
I always attach a VBA, it didn't make any difference.

I bought a few reloadable cards just now, I am going to try using them just for the card number (never use these for withdrawing). I'll let you guys know if any stealth accouny gets instantly limited.
I meant adding a VBA and NOT adding a VCC.
That's how I do things - never had an issue.
Old 06-07-2017

Longevity: 56%

you think Paypal isn't smart enough to track BIN's? Of course they know when you use a prepaid card.

VBA much safer way to go
Old 06-07-2017
Banned

Longevity: 58%

It comes down to quality. PP and EB could detect BINs, VBAs, IPs, Proxies, VPSs, all pretty easily if they wanted to. The way to avoid and mitigate problems is to get quality assets to make your stealth account and follow proper stealth procedure. Been using my own private source for credit cards for years now and never had one problem. It all comes down to quality.
The Following User Says Thank You to fox20c For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-13-2017)
Old 06-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

No problems here, users are just junior members, probably didn't read the Stealth Book.
Old 06-07-2017

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

I made a PayPal account last night with only a vanilla visa and a VOIP number with no issue. I confirmed the visa this morning.

Ever since PayPal updated the look of their site last fall vanilla visa and MC are labeled as Pre-Paid when you add them. If you go to your card on file from the summary page and click on the visa card. It's right under your bank account on the left side of the page, it'll say Pre-Paid on the page that opens.
Old 06-07-2017

Does anyone know if visa gift cards from giftcards.com that have been registered with address and zip show up as pre-paid on paypal like vanilla visa does?

My statement that you can register their gift cards with full AVS address and zip is only based off of what I read on the giftcards.com facts page.
Old 06-08-2017

Longevity: 71%

Lol, I just messaged you about this, didn't know you made a thread already.

They DEFINITELY have been banlisting Vanilla VISAS AND Vanilla mastercards. I'm not too sure about MyVanilla and OneVanilla cards though.

This has been going on since the middle of April. They upped their security measures in their security algorithm. There are ways to circumvent it though. I have messaged you, Onion and a few others, on how to go about doing that.
Old 06-13-2017

Longevity: 70%

Can you pm me also, I am having difficulty adding prepaid visa cards to my PP - keeps giving me an error cannot add at this time, tried a few new accounts whereas it was working fine a couple weeks ago with the same type of cards!

Can someone please help me with their suggestion?
Old 06-13-2017
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox20c View Post
It comes down to quality. PP and EB could detect BINs, VBAs, IPs, Proxies, VPSs, all pretty easily if they wanted to. The way to avoid and mitigate problems is to get quality assets to make your stealth account and follow proper stealth procedure. Been using my own private source for credit cards for years now and never had one problem. It all comes down to quality.
I like this.

It's what eBay Stealth tries to preach.. quality accounts do much better than the alternative.

Take your time when creating accounts, use high quality *assests* and you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 06-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I have been using the same card as well for almost 3 years now without issues. But I do no think it is necessarily the card only. I think paypal has made other updates as well. I would be curious as to what these people are using fir IP addresses, and what country they are in when they are logging into the account.
Old 06-13-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I have been using the same card as well for almost 3 years now without issues. But I do no think it is necessarily the card only. I think paypal has made other updates as well. I would be curious as to what these people are using fir IP addresses, and what country they are in when they are logging into the account.
Verizon & AT&T MiFi from USA. No issues with vanilla yet. Made a PP last month and this month with no issues. Got 1st few sales on some other accounts made the same way and had no issues. Sold some tools and parts off of direct tv boxes.

I'd like to add I figured I'd give giftcards.com a try since their facts page made it sound like their cards had full AVS. I ordered the card in the stealth name I'm about to use and had it shipped to my address. I activated the card and tried to register the stealth address I'm about to use but the website wouldn't let me do it. It's stuck with the address I mailed it to since their submit link goes no where, it only refreshes the page. I called customer service and they said they would have to unregistered the card which can take two business days, then I can use the their website to register the card with the address I want. So far I'm not impressed and it's a pain in the ass but in my situation with plenty of accounts I can wait.

Last edited by nate; 06-13-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-23-2017

Longevity: 89%
Default Got the SSN nag for the first time ever on business acct.

Not sure where to post this, but am doing so here because maybe it has something to do with this issue.

I tried withdrawing from a business account to a credit union acct. tonight and for the first time ever got the "more information needed" screen where it wanted me to input an SSN and birthdate for the registered name. Because, y'know, the Patriot Act, etc.

The account is a stealth but it has been functioning without issue for 10 years now. It's a business account with a linked EIN in lieu of an SSN and a business name.

It has been very stable and with no issues for some 6 years now, but if memory serves the last linked credit card was a Vanilla Visa. The only other possible issue I can think of was a recent VERO hit on eBay for a single item, but that was the first in some 18 months. I had logins in May and February from outside the U.S. but gave warnings on those with travel notices and didn't have any issues.

The screen gave me a "Not now" option and I X-ed out and did the transfer (of $44) and it's acting like it will go through, but I wonder if something new is upsetting the apple cart on security. Nothing has bounced from my bank account (they've always accepted deposits) even though there would be a mismatch between the name there and the person name the PayPal was registered with 10 years ago if there was any sharing.

The last issue with PayPal was the one 6 years ago where a credit card that had been working suddenly didn't and they wanted another one, which I believe was a Vanilla Visa good to 2020 or something like that (taking advice from here).

Any ideas? Am worried they'll keep nagging and eventually restrict.

Last edited by ploughman; 06-23-2017 at 12:20 AM.