Starting Stealth. New PayPal account question... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-27-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Starting Stealth. New PayPal account question...

Gday.

I'm from Australia and going to buy the stealth guide to start a new eBay/PayPal. I understand there is a limit on new PayPal accounts. I tried to Google it but couldn't find much info, I found out there's something like a 90 day period where all eBay payments are held until the 90 days expire. Is that the only limit on new PayPal accounts or are there other limits I should be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. Cheers!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Starting Stealth. New PayPal account question...

You are referring to the "21 day hold" which is typically for new eBay transations. This hold is imposed by eBay NOT PayPal.

The critera eBay uses to list this hold is at follows:
In the future, you may be able to have funds made available to you immediately if you meet certain requirements, which include:

At least 25 transactions
$250.00 USD in sales
90 days since your first sale

There are ways to reduce this holding time on your eBay payments, however. The first is to upload tracking for your orders asap and ship quickly. If you do this right, you can often get the money released to you just a couple days after the item is confirmed delivered to your customer.

Another thing to be aware of are that these holds can come and go in a whim at PP or EB's discretion. They can be removed sooner, or later as they deem fit depending on what you sell, how quickly your ship, and the absence (or not) of problems such as cases/disputes/returns .
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
chrisau1 (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
You are referring to the "21 day hold" which is typically for new eBay transations. This hold is imposed by eBay NOT PayPal.

The critera eBay uses to list this hold is at follows:
In the future, you may be able to have funds made available to you immediately if you meet certain requirements, which include:

At least 25 transactions
$250.00 USD in sales
90 days since your first sale

There are ways to reduce this holding time on your eBay payments, however. The first is to upload tracking for your orders asap and ship quickly. If you do this right, you can often get the money released to you just a couple days after the item is confirmed delivered to your customer.

Another thing to be aware of are that these holds can come and go in a whim at PP or EB's discretion. They can be removed sooner, or later as they deem fit depending on what you sell, how quickly your ship, and the absence (or not) of problems such as cases/disputes/returns .
Thanks so much. I'll try and make my new account as good as possible with things like fast shipping, tracking numbers, fast comms etc. I made a mistake that I was unaware of on my legit account, I made too many refunds so my defect rate blew way over 2%, and it's going to be too difficult to get it back below 2%. Apart from that I had 100% feedback and call my buyers were generally happy but I said I was unaware that your account will be limited being a below standard seller. I sell a mixture of items, which includes some dropshipping but not much. If an item is out of stock, what's the best way to handle the transaction without receiving a defect?
Old 06-27-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

How about you list fewer quantity than what you actually have to prevent an out of stock?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
chrisau1 (06-27-2017)