eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Confirm Mobile Number (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/109782-paypal-confirm-mobile-number.html)

nyc 08-16-2017 08:57 PM

Paypal Confirm Mobile Number

Hi,

I just created a stealth account successfully (ebay, paypal, gmail) but the only problem I am facing is receiving a text to confirm my mobile phone number (tracfone) for paypal. I am not trying to withdraw any funds but only want to link my mobile to paypal. Is anyone facing issues with tracfone as of today? It has worked perfectly prior to today.

empirestate 08-16-2017 10:19 PM

Re: Paypal Confirm Mobile Number

I'm having problems receiving text on google voice from pp. I hope PP didn't just ban google voice/tracfone.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer

nyc 08-17-2017 05:46 PM

Last night when I text 729725 with BAL in the body of the message I didn't get a text back. But when I tried today I got a response back from PayPal and according to the rep that is good. If you don't get a response then that device or carrier doesn't support "premium messaging". I will resend the confirmation code by this Sunday and keep you informed on the outcome.

Speeder33 08-19-2017 01:47 AM

The messaging to confirm the phone number has problems occasionally, you can try again in a few days

But if you are using a tracfone, there are a large amount of tracfones that will never receive the text from paypal

nyc 08-19-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 866365)
The messaging to confirm the phone number has problems occasionally, you can try again in a few days

But if you are using a tracfone, there are a large amount of tracfones that will never receive the text from paypal

I've always used tracfone and never have had an issue. May I ask why there is a large amount of tracfones that will never receive a text from paypal?

shootemup321 08-19-2017 08:16 PM

I use tracfone too and never have had a problem getting text. You probably already tried multiple times so your last resort would be to change the number on tracfone website and try again.

nyc 08-19-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootemup321 (Post 866515)
I use tracfone too and never have had a problem getting text. You probably already tried multiple times so your last resort would be to change the number on tracfone website and try again.

I did try multiple times and from what the representative told me I seemed to lock out the feature for 24 hours.

You say to change the number on tracfone website, did you mean paypal?

shootemup321 08-19-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 866517)
I did try multiple times and from what the representative told me I seemed to lock out the feature for 24 hours.

You say to change the number on tracfone website, did you mean paypal?

I would wait the 24 hours and try again just to be sure maybe try the call option too. I meant actually getting a new number from tracfone and adding it to PayPal also make it primary but don't delete the old one. This is last resort cause I'm not sure what else u could do that would fix it.

nyc 08-19-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootemup321 (Post 866519)
I would wait the 24 hours and try again just to be sure maybe try the call option too. I meant actually getting a new number from tracfone and adding it to PayPal also make it primary but don't delete the old one. This is last resort cause I'm not sure what else u could do that would fix it.

Sounds cool shootemup321, I will keep you informed on what happens. I believe the following scenario caused this issue for me. When I normally create paypal accounts I add a mobile number and not a home number. This time I added home number just for the lulz. Not quite sure this caused but it is underlying information about the paypal account.

shootemup321 08-19-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 866521)
Sounds cool shootemup321, I will keep you informed on what happens. I believe the following scenario caused this issue for me. When I normally create paypal accounts I add a mobile number and not a home number. This time I added home number just for the lulz. Not quite sure this caused but it is underlying information about the paypal account.

alright ya keep us updated. I'm not to sure if u adding your home phone first would have caused it.

cool25 08-20-2017 03:11 AM

Try this link you can receive any message from wold wide hre
textnow.com

nyc 08-28-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool25 (Post 866560)
Try this link you can receive any message from wold wide hre
textnow.com

Thank you, I will use this in the future

nyc 08-28-2017 12:08 AM

A follow up to my original post.

A resent the text after waiting a week to the tracfone used to create the account and surprisingly I got the text to confirm. All is good.

slokor 08-28-2017 12:24 AM

I had the same issue the day you had it.
It was a glitch on paypal's side.
The following morning it worked again.

shad0wd0wn 08-28-2017 12:34 AM

Textnow isn't good, don't use it lol

jonobrodie 08-28-2017 12:54 AM

why do you say that ?

pastrami_on_rye 09-05-2017 08:47 PM

Had this issue today using TWO of my t-mobile prepaid numbers. Created 2 accounts using the same phone (different sim cards of course) about a week ago with no issues confirming mobile number. Today, tried making another 2 accounts and confirmation code wouldn't get sent to either number. Tried multiple times, very very frustrating. Anyone know whats been up with PayPal? Simply a glitch or what?

SaiJin 09-05-2017 08:54 PM

Is there an option to get a phone call instead? I find that getting text can be a little random at times, but phone calls are faster .

It's just an automated phone call to you.

pastrami_on_rye 09-05-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 869857)
Is there an option to get a phone call instead? I find that getting text can be a little random at times, but phone calls are faster .

It's just an automated phone call to you.

I don't believe there is for confirming mobile on paypal. that's only an option on eBay