21 day hold on a very aged paypal acc.....? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Question 21 day hold on a very aged paypal acc.....?

My paypal account isn't a stealth, its genuine and been active for about 8 years.

My regular customer (not ebay related) has recently sent me a payment by paypal and its on hold for 21 days. It says in the email that its potentially high risk. Its for 200 EURO. Nothing expensive.

What are paypal playing at?.

Also on my stealth which is over 1 year old now and receives transactions every month, If I receive anything over 200 GBP or something like that it auto gets put on hold until i ship the goods with a tracking.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-16-2017

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: 21 day hold on a very aged paypal acc.....?

Paypal started putting holds on all of my international orders for 3 days 2 last week, then stopped. Then Monday I had a 100 dollar order and then put a 21-day hold on it but are letting all other international orders go through. It could be a glitch, it could be eBay and/or PayPal getting pickier since the holidays are so close.
Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4G3D View Post
What are paypal playing at?.
Who else but Paypal actually knows? Maybe your account tripped a security flag either because source of payment or maybe the IP of the source of payment changed or maybe your withdrawal pattern changed...so many factors.

Just wait it out - continue to provide good service
Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Who else but Paypal actually knows? Maybe your account tripped a security flag either because source of payment or maybe the IP of the source of payment changed or maybe your withdrawal pattern changed...so many factors.

Just wait it out - continue to provide good service
Nothing to do with withdrawal since i've got no bank connected to this paypal and its been like that for 4 years at least. When I receive payment into my paypal, I use those funds purely for either ebay purchases when needed, or to purchase more stock for my business from the suppliers.
Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4G3D View Post
Nothing to do with withdrawal since i've got no bank connected to this paypal and its been like that for 4 years at least. When I receive payment into my paypal, I use those funds purely for either ebay purchases when needed, or to purchase more stock for my business from the suppliers.
Oh I follow.

I just have a question for clarification - this supplier for you, is he/she a dropshipper? That can also be an issue if pp suspects dropshipping is going...another potential flag (i'm just discussing speculation - again, no one but PP and it's "system" knows 100%)
Old 11-16-2017

Longevity: 38%

It's just PayPal being their over precautions self like usual. It might not even be your account that they've flagged up it might be your buyer using a differing funding option or could even just be a completely random hold on PayPal's end. It's no biggie though just send the order tracked and the funds will be released 3 days after it's delivered.

I'd suggest you set up a second stealth account and filter your lower value transactions through that to build it up "just in case"
Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Oh I follow.

I just have a question for clarification - this supplier for you, is he/she a dropshipper? That can also be an issue if pp suspects dropshipping is going...another potential flag (i'm just discussing speculation - again, no one but PP and it's "system" knows 100%)
Nope no dropshipping going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall View Post
It's just PayPal being their over precautions self like usual. It might not even be your account that they've flagged up it might be your buyer using a differing funding option or could even just be a completely random hold on PayPal's end. It's no biggie though just send the order tracked and the funds will be released 3 days after it's delivered.

I'd suggest you set up a second stealth account and filter your lower value transactions through that to build it up "just in case"
Hmmmm i think you may be on the right path here. The buyer initially sent me the payment as a e-cheque. This buyer is a multi million pound company, so I thought that was odd. I canceled it and he returned the payment again which was then put on hold. Perhaps its their funding source like you said.