eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Selling digital goods with trackable pdf letter to customer - Safe? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/116894-selling-digital-goods-trackable-pdf-letter-customer-safe.html)

Adrew 04-21-2018 03:23 AM

Selling digital goods with trackable pdf letter to customer - Safe?

I sell digital goods (reports and diy guides). My account got limited. Will it solve the problem if I send the printed report/guide to the customer with trackable letter + instant email delivery?
Or still a problem?

dallis 04-21-2018 01:22 PM

Re: Selling digital goods with trackable pdf letter to customer - Safe?

Probably not, EB hates digital goods, and tracking is likely the least of your issues.

Somebody else may be able to give you more specific advice.

shoeiside 04-24-2018 05:01 PM

If you're going to sell digital goods you should send something in the mail with a tracking number but you can also send it digitally. Do not write in your listing that it's a digital product. Most customers will assume they will get it digitally anyway. Yes Ebay hates it but not so much. I've sold 60 digital items before on one account without any issues. With digital items you will run in to a lot of Charge backs though. So be prepared to lose money sometimes.

rsot 04-24-2018 07:52 PM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

empirestate 04-24-2018 10:34 PM

I sell this type and I am getting suspended almost everyday so make sure you have a lot of accounts for daily suspensions...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer

phaz0rz 04-25-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrew (Post 915950)
Will it solve the problem if I send the printed report/guide to the customer with trackable letter + instant email delivery?

I think printing and sending your items in the mail would help a lot, since then they would no longer be digital items. It would be no different than selling an actual book.

stealthbiz 04-25-2018 12:04 PM

I've been selling digital items for 2 years now on a single PayPal account without much trouble. It was limited in the beginning for document review but I cleared it straight away in a couple of days. As other users have mentioned, these transactions are very prone to fraudulent charge backs and disputes. I've even had many experiences where people create a charge back 5 months after the transaction was made.

Usually when a charge back / dispute comes through, I refund it immediately without question. Every month or two, PayPal will send you an email showing your statistics for the particular month. The email also contains information about how much percentage of your customers are happy (based on total transaction, refunds and charge back I assume). I have kept that number at between 96 - 99 percent happy. That number should be very low if you want your account to prosper. My only strategy is customer support.

The only technique I used to keep my dispute percentage low is going to sound very cliche but that's really how I did it. I always encourage my customers to reach out to me when they are happy and need help. I try to give them as much incentive as possible to do so. Going out of my way to ensure they are satisfied really helped me.

I personally don't provide any tracking information to PayPal but it definitely won't hurt. I know a person who sells digital services and when he got hit with a dispute, he made a pdf invoice on the spot and won the case.

SaiJin 04-25-2018 12:52 PM

Send an envelope with tracking and a thank you note asking for a postive feedback.

dallis 04-25-2018 02:58 PM

between 96 - 99 percent happy

stealthbiz sounds like he knows what he's doing, but a 96% positive rate in online reviews is abysmally bad, particularly when they count no review at all as 100% positive.

A few years back they'd shut you down if you fell below 98.6%.

Obviously it's possible to do well with digital goods if you're on top of your game, but it sounds like a deeply troubled, scam filled category.

A single complaint takes up as much time and effort and stomach wear as twenty successful sales.

I'd rather take my complaint rate of 1 in 250 sales any day.

rsot 04-25-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 916771)
Send an envelope with tracking and a thank you note asking for a postive feedback.

This helps but is not 100% safe - especially with "professional buyers"