Tax ID Limitation looks a little different? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Tax ID Limitation looks a little different?

Hi I received a Tax ID limitation, but this one looked a little different.

Usually I receive first email warning, second email warning, then allowed a few more sales after that before being limited. Also the icon in PayPal comes up with a blue notification at the top right of my screen, saying "Please submit your Tax ID information to avoid limitations to your accounts." Something to that effect.

However, first time I am seeing this on one account: I got a Red notification at the top of my PayPal screen (same as when an account gets a full limitation).
The notification states: "Because you receive payment for goods or services through PayPal, you must verify your U.S. taxpayer status to avoid limitations to your account." This same notification then hit my account a second time (I have two of the same limitation notifications in the top right of my PayPal screen, one underneath the other), and BAM limitation.

This limitation seems to have hit my account sooner (about 10-15 sales sooner then my other tax ID limitations selling items around the same price). I am still able to withdraw from this account, so it is the same type of "soft" limitation.

No warning emails 1 & 2 like I am used to, just this notification the first time and then the second time. Since this notification looks different and seems to have hit a little sooner, I am wondering why this happened on this one account? And will the same rules of next year's tax reset still apply? Is this the new Tax ID warning system, and has anybody else received it yet?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2018

Longevity: 35%
Default Re: Tax ID Limitation looks a little different?

this seems to be new, and probably because you've received too much and it needs to be taxed or something.

could be related to the USA State of the PP account.
Old 04-23-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Definitely more sensitive now more than ever...definitely not good
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 04-23-2018

Longevity: 72%

Better start dealing with it when you get the first notice from now on.

I'll be keeping that in mind myself now.
Old 04-23-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

As a precaution, I am going to stop selling sooner than I used to. However, the parameters of this Tax ID limitation are still the same as before. I can't receive payments but I can still withdraw. It does seem to have block payments about 10 items sooner than most of my other accounts. That seems to be the only difference, aside from it looking different also.
Old 05-09-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

"Reminder: action required

Your account is limited
Confirm your taxpayer status today

Because you receive payment for goods or services through PayPal, we need to verify your taxpayer status. This is required by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Your taxpayer status is not confirmed, so your PayPal account has been limited and currently you can’t request or receive money.
Confirm My Taxpayer Status
If you’re subject to U.S. tax reporting requirements, we’ll also need to collect your taxpayer identification number. The taxpayer identification number you provide will be used to submit Form 1099-K to the IRS when the payments you receive in a calendar year meet the income reporting thresholds set by the IRS. You can learn more about the IRS reporting requirements at www.paypal.com/irs.

If you have multiple PayPal accounts, you’ll need to verify your taxpayer status for each account.

Thanks for being a valued customer."

This is the email I received. What is alarming is that I had an account that got Tax ID limitation last year (second request, limited to the point where I could no longer receive payments but could still w/d money)

I went on the account this year for the first time thinking things were surely reset by now. Made one sale and boom got this same email and limitation on this account as well.