eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Deceitful supplier tracking info for INR case (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/117071-deceitful-supplier-tracking-info-inr-case.html)

kirkland 04-30-2018 01:27 PM

Deceitful supplier tracking info for INR case

So I made 2 purchases from an ex-supplier about a month ago. The first was never delivered, the second was delivered. Tracking shows that one shipment was never been delivered, and that the second was delivered.

The supplier basically disappeared and was unwilling to help with the situation, so I opened an INR dispute. Knowing how INR cases tend to work, I feared that the supplier would respond to the INR case (for the first order) with the tracking for the SECOND order which was delivered. I sent the complaints team an email with this information just in case they try to pull a fast one. The information in the email was received and attached to the case successfully.

As it turns out, the supplier did try to pull a fast one. I.e. they uploaded tracking for the wrong order to demonstrated delivery.

Has anyone been in this situation before? I've never trusted PayPal and I feel like my supplier has been in the industry long enough to know how to game the system.

What should I do? Will PP come through for me? Do I open a case for the second case and call them out when they upload the same tracking yet again for that case?

I am beyond livid right now and plan to full pursue this with my bank if PP tries to screw me. I am sure my bank would have my bank in this situation, but I'd rather reserve have this resolved at the PP level first.

dallis 04-30-2018 03:31 PM

Re: Deceitful supplier tracking info for INR case

I think you're going to have to call and talk to a live CSR on this one.

kirkland 04-30-2018 11:11 PM

I did speak to a rep earlier today, who re-uploaded the info to the case. But you know how Resolution agents are. They don't always take the time to read all the details of a case before deciding (maybe I'm wrong in my assumption and am just biased due to the cases I've lost as a seller)

Supposedly they often lean towards the buyer - hopefully thats the case here. Ugh

mine 05-01-2018 03:30 AM

Isn't it just a case of opening a dispute on the other purchase as well? The same tracking number can't be used twice.

kirkland 05-01-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mine (Post 917590)
Isn't it just a case of opening a dispute on the other purchase as well? The same tracking number can't be used twice.

That thought crossed my mind too. I know on eBay you can’t upload the same tracking to 2 transactions or you get thrown an error. Is it the same with PayPal?

dallis 05-01-2018 11:20 AM

PP doesn't seem to care about the tracking numbers for some reason, I've done it by mistake and it took it, but give it a try.