Longer Holds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-14-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Longer Holds

PP is 4 months old and they always release the funds 2-3 days after tracking shows delivered.
But now they started holding the funds for a week or longer even though
item is delivered.

Any idea why?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Longer Holds

Largely depends on the item(s) sold, account flags, and many other factors.
Has this account had any past issues? Returns, claims, etc?
Any bad feedback?
How much was the item(s) sold?

Far too many factors to even mention here, need a LOT more information regarding account history and status.
Old 07-14-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Selling via eBay or is this a PayPal transaction only?

Happened to one transaction, or is it happening to all?
Old 07-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Where these the same items you always sell or of a much higher value?
Old 07-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Never had any issues with the account,no returns.

I only sell one item on ebay (40$) per day,sometimes two.
Now they hold all the transactions. Don't know how long so i stopped selling.
Old 07-14-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufus View Post
Never had any issues with the account,no returns.

I only sell one item on ebay (40$) per day,sometimes two.
Now they hold all the transactions. Don't know how long so i stopped selling.
This has been happening to a few others. Are you adding tracking to eBay only, or PayPal as well?

Check under PayPal transaction if eBay has passed on the information that item has been dispatched.
Old 07-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes i add it next day after payment on pp.
Does it matter if its uk pp but i add usps tracking?
Old 07-14-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It's normal. It generally means you're doing something higher risk than normal so holds are extended.. I would look at your recent history and see what you have done that made PayPal view your account as higher risk.. maybe you withdraw funds too quickly, you accessed the account on a bad IP, without cookies, etc.
Old 07-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I can confirm this is also happening on a few of my accounts as well.

The default release date of 21 days from sale is maintained regardless of tracking uploaded to both EBay and Paypal.

I have the same issue on sales from the beginning of this month up to sales today.

It is a glitch (in Paypal's favour naturally) Probably as a result of all these EBay 'improvements'.
Old 07-14-2018

Longevity: 82%

i noticed this as well i sell mobile phones once i passed 3 months of sales every ebay sale would release immediately now over the past 2 months they first started giving me the your sales have a higher risk so they would hold it and it would release the day after delivery now the date never changes from 21 days and i have to call in to get the funds released 3 full days after delivery still 100% feedback and only 1 return out of 75 sales
Old 07-15-2018

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 40%

10 years of Fleabay and almost as much time with Aspkin's help, I know what you mean, exactly what you described just happend to me too. And it's different than any way it's happened before. People who didn't have this happen to personally are going to assume you're talking about a regular 21 day hold, or the 3 days after tracking shows "delivered", or holds coming back on after the 21 day hold drops off, etc.........

THIS IS NEW and THIS IS DIFFERENT.

In my case, even the transaction in my "My Fleabay" page shows "funds are now available" and the PP STILL has the hold on it. Extremely annoying, and inconvenient. Especially when it's something you didn't plan for, and have been counting the days since the package shows "delivered" for those funds to pay stuff with.

Also in my case it was likely because the item was a graphics card, so I think it's a new thing on a certain higher risk category- my acct is 4++++ months old too, 5.0 stars solid in every way with never a peep as far as issues, and even has the regular holds removed. Definitely something new, and more than likely it's also to do with the item and category as well.

I appreciate people sharing their experiences with new things on here, it helps to better gauge what's going on with Fleabay in general.

Last edited by Elliot; 07-15-2018 at 01:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliot For This Useful Post:
mrowcp (07-28-2018)
Old 07-15-2018
Threadstarter  

I think in my case its pp that's holding the funds not ebay.
Could it be because i logged to banned ip once?
Old 07-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
10 years of Fleabay and almost as much time with Aspkin's help, I know what you mean, exactly what you described just happend to me too. And it's different than any way it's happened before. People who didn't have this happen to personally are going to assume you're talking about a regular 21 day hold, or the 3 days after tracking shows "delivered", or holds coming back on after the 21 day hold drops off, etc.........

THIS IS NEW and THIS IS DIFFERENT.

In my case, even the transaction in my "My Fleabay" page shows "funds are now available" and the PP STILL has the hold on it. Extremely annoying, and inconvenient. Especially when it's something you didn't plan for, and have been counting the days since the package shows "delivered" for those funds to pay stuff with.

Also in my case it was likely because the item was a graphics card, so I think it's a new thing on a certain higher risk category- my acct is 4++++ months old too, 5.0 stars solid in every way with never a peep as far as issues, and even has the regular holds removed. Definitely something new, and more than likely it's also to do with the item and category as well.

I appreciate people sharing their experiences with new things on here, it helps to better gauge what's going on with Fleabay in general.
yep this is exactly what im dealing with now makes it extremely hard to sell when you have all your sales being held and the only way to release them is to call paypal
The Following User Says Thank You to hackteck For This Useful Post:
Elliot (07-17-2018)
Old 07-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Send them an email with the tracking number that shows delivered.
Old 07-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I have had some success emailing PP to release funds once delivery is confirmed.

However today I have come across a situation where PP stated the funds would be released yesterday, but they have not. The release date in PP still says 26/07. (yesterday)

Having exchanged emails with PP today, I was told I needed to speak to EBay.

I have and Ebay are now arranging for funds to be released.

We now the possibility of both EBay or PP putting a hold on funds. Or possibly both for the same transaction!
Old 07-27-2018

Longevity: 51%

Yes, ebay are starting to hold funds.

In one of my stealth accounts, I have a message saying ebay have requested to hold funds, if you have any questions contact ebay.

Just the same as PayPal’s 21 day hold.
Old 08-04-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
I have had some success emailing PP to release funds once delivery is confirmed.

However today I have come across a situation where PP stated the funds would be released yesterday, but they have not. The release date in PP still says 26/07. (yesterday)

Having exchanged emails with PP today, I was told I needed to speak to EBay.

I have and Ebay are now arranging for funds to be released.

We now the possibility of both EBay or PP putting a hold on funds. Or possibly both for the same transaction!
I also had the same issue of funds not being available on the date it was estimated to be available (three days after proof of delivery).

On the second day after estimated date I chatted with paypal and they said that yes I was correct in the funds should of been available two days prior as that was the date it showed on paypal and ebay.

The rep also suggested me calling ebay to get this cleared up as the reps cannot manually release funds even if past the date they were suppose to be available. Stated this was a new regulation by ebays updates.

Paypal also said they would have tech support look into it as I was in a group of accounts that this had affected. ( Estimate funds date passing) and a glitch in the system.
I called ebay and they sad there could of been a delay in transferring funds etc. Said they would escalate it and should see the cleared payment in paypal within 24 hours.

A few hours later the payment was cleared and able to move to bank. After ebay said they would escalate the estimated date changed to next day on ebay and paypal date said 12/31/2018. But I got my money so all is good.

However, after each sale and payment to paypal I recive an email that states ebay has asked for a hold of funds and also lets me know how to get funds faster than the initial 21 day hold.

This was my experience last week
Old 08-04-2018

this issue stopped for me lasted about a week now my funds get released the day after the item shows delivered which isnt too bad at all so i wont complain
Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
this issue stopped for me lasted about a week now my funds get released the day after the item shows delivered which isnt too bad at all so i wont complain
My newest holds that were delivered today will be the 9th. I hope there is no issues and I don't have to call or chat with them. I try to not do that. I hope my wait time after delivery becomes quicker. I suppose in time it will. I do like the feature of sending to my bank card. Much faster transfer usually.