Paypal Asking About Old Info From Places I Might Of Lived Or Past Relationships What? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-06-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Paypal Asking About Old Info From Places I Might Of Lived Or Past Relationships What?

First I have had this account for three years its a business and Personal account that is not used that often but once every couple months.

Today I login and it asks me to update phone and bank account so I give them phone number it goes thru and it deletes the old number.

So I try to put my brand new bank accounts into paypal and it rejects both of them so figure lets wait an hour and try again.

Well when trying to login back in its asking for phone number and shows no other phone numbers so I give it the phone number again and it wont accept it lol.

And so I call paypal up and they start asking me questions about what names of people are you not affilated with and she says four names im thinking to myself how the hell am I to know this ****...gets better.

Then they ask me which towns have you never lived in? and she mentions three cities , **** i have no clue what to say.

Then she asks two more questions that only the person who is listed on the account would know .

I have the ssn, the name, address, date of birth etc of the account but not all this personal info . ...she says try logging back in 48hrs and try to add the bank account again.

What do I do in order to get around the personel questions to verify who i am?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2018

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Paypal Asking About Old Info From Places I Might Of Lived Or Past Relationships W

Prep work lol.

They are trying to run you through the verification system, and or narrow you down.
Old 10-06-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%
Default Re: Paypal Asking About Old Info From Places I Might Of Lived Or Past Relationships W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
Prep work lol.

They are trying to run you through the verification system, and or narrow you down.
So what kind of Prep work do I need to do?
Old 10-06-2018

Longevity: 54%

i would recommend calling them again and doing the exact same thing except this time ask to speak to specifically a white person in the limitations department.....that will ensure that you get a permanent limitation on your account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H4ck For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (10-07-2018), TheRealist (10-08-2018)
Old 10-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^That was hilarious.

@OP - Sounds like you are using somebody else's personal info and SSN. Why would you not know what cities you've lived in and what people you've associated with? They are asking you to answer public database questions about the identity on your account.

Quote:
I have the ssn, the name, address, date of birth etc of the account but not all this personal info
The only SSN that should be on the account is your own.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 10-07-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-07-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

OP,

Try adding the bank account again in 24 hours. see what it does.
I think what they are trying to do is making sure you are the actual owner of that account when making changes.
Old 10-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If the account has some random person's SSN on file it's not technically OP's account.
Old 10-08-2018

Longevity: 38%

This forum gets entertaining at times. I recall once, I had a new stealth account created for me via this forum which I purchased. I had to call in to eBay to post my first listing and of all a sudden they ask me all these verification questions, Quite like yourself, "Who have you been affiliated with or are related to", "Where have you lived" etc etc...

And I said screw it, so I went ahead and answered all of them, guessing, but guessing confidently, and like a champ I got them all right, and they ended up approving my account...I still use this account today...

So be confident my friend, and guess , but dont guess like just anyone, you guess like a champ! think of me when you are answering them and you should be fine...

I hope this helps
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

You tripped up a flag and their security system doesn't have faith in the account datas that you provided. This does happen sometimes, and the only way to pass it is to provide information that is tied to real details in a 3rd party database. if it's stealth account, this obviously is going to be a problem.

I see PayPal doing this more and more now, esp. with newer accounts.