eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Advice for calling PayPal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/121966-advice-calling-paypal.html)

jmag91 11-25-2018 06:26 PM

Advice for calling PayPal

Hey guys, as you've probably seen from my other thread, I am going to call PayPal to try and get the "Quick Security Check" hold taken off my account.

Any of you veterans have advice for me when calling?

Also, does it matter what number you call from?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

ouako 11-25-2018 07:12 PM

Re: Advice for calling PayPal

Try to call from the original email. Call and just do things as normal. Have your accounts info pulled up so you don’t accidentally say incorrect info

nickopedia 11-25-2018 07:35 PM

Just be prepared, PayPal may ask you some database questions from public records if you call in about the Quick Security Check. Other times, they will just tell you to wait or confirm some other info on your account.

I called on one of my stealths last week, and they wanted to know the last 4 digits for the "account holder", which I obviously didn't have.

JamesNorth101 11-25-2018 07:37 PM

Have all the account details to hand

Ideally call from the number registered to the account. Withholding your number wont work as they will see it

Make sure you know the rough items that have been getting sold on the account for the last few months

jmag91 11-25-2018 08:36 PM

Thank you all for the responses. Truly appreciate it. When you call in, does in tend to go well in your experiences?

Also for James, if the number is a google voice number, how would I go about calling from that number?

Thank you so much.

big tymer 11-25-2018 09:08 PM

I have had pleasant experiences calling in. It is not like the customer service person is the owner of the company who thinks you are trying to scam them and is going to vet the heck out of you, at the end of the day its not their own money on the line. Be pleasant on the phone because I am sure they get a lot of angry people calling in.

nickopedia 11-25-2018 09:47 PM

You can use a CallerID spoofing service to send your GV# if you don't have any credits.

jmag91 11-25-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 960206)
I have had pleasant experiences calling in. It is not like the customer service person is the owner of the company who thinks you are trying to scam them and is going to vet the heck out of you, at the end of the day its not their own money on the line. Be pleasant on the phone because I am sure they get a lot of angry people calling in.

Yes absolutely. Kindness goes a long way.

How would you guys go about calling in? I don't think I can call from the Google Voice number that is on the account.

jmag91 11-25-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 960215)
You can use a CallerID spoofing service to send your GV# if you don't have any credits.

Thank you! Sorry about previous post, didn't see this until after I posted.

What spoofing service do you recommend? Are they expensive?

nickopedia 11-25-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 960220)
Thank you! Sorry about previous post, didn't see this until after I posted.

What spoofing service do you recommend? Are they expensive?

In regard to spoofing, here is what you should know:

Within the USA under the Truth in Caller ID Act, FCC rules prohibit anyone from transmitting misleading or inaccurate caller ID information with the intent to defraud, cause harm or wrongly obtain anything of value. ... However, spoofing is not always illegal.

So, basically as long as you are not doing it for fraudulent purposes, you should be OK.

There are a number of services that will spoof both regular phone numbers, as well as toll-free. You can use a service like SpoofTel or SpoofCard. There are also some VoIP providers that will allow you to change the number. If you are not that familiar with how VoIP works, I suggest the aforementioned ones. Due to forum rules, I'm unable to elaborate more than that in a public venue.

jmag91 11-25-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 960221)
In regard to spoofing, here is what you should know:

Within the USA under the Truth in Caller ID Act, FCC rules prohibit anyone from transmitting misleading or inaccurate caller ID information with the intent to defraud, cause harm or wrongly obtain anything of value. ... However, spoofing is not always illegal.

So, basically as long as you are not doing it for fraudulent purposes, you should be OK.

There are a number of services that will spoof both regular phone numbers, as well as toll-free. You can use a service like SpoofTel or SpoofCard. There are also some VoIP providers that will allow you to change the number. If you are not that familiar with how VoIP works, I suggest the aforementioned ones. Due to forum rules, I'm unable to elaborate more than that in a public venue.

Fantastic! Do you think you could Private Message me or Skype me so we can talk a little bit more in depth?

Thanks nick

jmag91 11-26-2018 05:41 PM

Nick? You still there?

nodeal 11-26-2018 06:20 PM

I see in your other post you said Spoofcard did not work? What did not work exactly? It didn't change your number?

I have used it with PP numerous times and haven't had any issues.

Other members gave good advice about what info to have ready for pp but a lot of the time this is not enough. They may want to just ask you questions from public database records based on your account info, which if your account is stealth you will not be able to provide.

If PP wants to do database questions tell them you are not comfortable handing out private information, your lawyer advised you not to give any info about yourself to private institutions, whatever BS you can come up with to validate your discomfort with answering personal questions over the phone. Ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary. This will give you a 50/50 shot at success based on my experience, and if you fail you can call back and try again.

jmag91 11-26-2018 06:25 PM

Just called! The PayPal worker was extremely friendly and told me he is refreshing my account, and after 48 hours it will allow me to verify using my new GV #.

Also, iTellas is fantastic for spoof calling.

H4ck 11-26-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 960365)
Just called! The PayPal worker was extremely friendly and told me he is refreshing my account, and after 48 hours it will allow me to verify using my new GV #.

that paypal worker is full of sh1t. hes giving you the bs runaround.

jmag91 11-26-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960390)

What makes you say that?

H4ck 11-26-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 960395)
What makes you say that?

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...aypal-got.html

this guy went through the same merry go around......

jmag91 11-27-2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960396)
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...aypal-got.html

this guy went through the same merry go around......

That thread is about adding a bank account. My problem is with bypassing a "Quick Security Check". Totally different.

H4ck 11-27-2018 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 960412)
That thread is about adding a bank account. My problem is with bypassing a "Quick Security Check". Totally different.

yeah......he had to deal with the quick security check.......

rsot 11-27-2018 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 960365)

Very well done and iTellas, noted for decent spoofing

H4ck 11-27-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 960215)

complete waste of money, you don't need to call id spoof gv#........

download the google hangouts app on a smartphone sign in to the gmail with the gv number call from google hangouts.......it will display the gv #....and all you need is a home internet connection to make the call.

nodeal 11-27-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960390)

Time will tell for sure but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct. I've gotten the same BS from them.