Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-05-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 378
Thanks: 61
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (1)
Default Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

Okay so I opened a new bank account with Citibank and Citibank blocked the **** out of my account. The account is under my x husband's name (I have a bad banking history and I KNOW I SCREWED UP) and Citibank won't even tell me why my account is blocked or what I need to do to unblock my account they just keep telling me to wait for a phone call but it has been over a week!!! There's $700 in that account (which is a lot of money for me). What's so terrible about this is that Citibank allowed the money to get deposited no problem but when I tell them to send the money back or close the account they say "sorry there's no servicing available on your account at the moment." They're telling me they have absolutely no access to the account and the department that does does not accept phone calls. I was thinking of calling Paypal and telling them the money was deposited into the wrong bank account but the bank account is confirmed so I'm not sure how that would work. If I tell them I did not authorize the transfer I'm assuming they'll limit my account. Any help??? Thank you..
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-05-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 442
Thanks: 16
Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

they will probably end up closing the account and sending you a check
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 907 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

The problem here is with Citibank, as they cannot just hold your money like that.

File a compliant against Citibank with the OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency) in Houston, TX. You can goto their website to start the process. Here is the link:
https://www.occ.treas.gov/topics/dis...omplaints.html

I will guarantee you 100% if you do that, your complaint will reach the very highest levels of the bank, usually the Executive Office will contact you to resolve your problem within 2-3 weeks after submitting it.

OCC is a federal agency that banks are scared of. They take those complaints very seriously, and are even more scared of them than having a lawsuit filed against them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,760
Thanks: 1,767
Thanked 3,141 Times in 2,364 Posts
Activity: 81%
Longevity: 31%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
they will probably end up closing the account and sending you a check
I 2nd this. BoA did the same thing to me years ago. 99% chance they'll mail a check to whatever address they have on file after a couple weeks. 1% chance they'll hold the money and ask you to prove it's legitimately yours.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 907 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

The bank cannot hold you funds unless they have definitive proof there is fraud involved.

Federally chartered banks have a certain amount of time to notify you of actions on your account, such as refunding the balance upon closure.

I wouldn't wait though and light a fire under their butt and file that complaint with OCC. It will be effective to resolve this problem quickly.

I had a similar issue to yours so years back with BofA, and had the Vice President of the retail banking division call me and practically begging me to close the complaint with OCC. They hate it when you do that.

Last edited by nickopedia; 01-05-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,760
Thanks: 1,767
Thanked 3,141 Times in 2,364 Posts
Activity: 81%
Longevity: 31%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

Not saying you're wrong Nick. If you feel it's necessary OP then by all means escalate this. Personally though I wouldn't want the extra attention.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (01-07-2019)
  #7  
Old 01-05-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 378
Thanks: 61
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

Thanks everyone, you all have been very helpful. Just to clarify though, getting this resolved with Paypal is not an option?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Skype™ to adeel780
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

your bank can refund that.
never call to paypal pls.
if your bank account is close then it should be auto refund from your bank to paypal.
in such case i have experince that bank is sending back funds to paypal.
but i m not sure about your credit history .
do u have any loan with same bank?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-07-2019
newjerseymax's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,848
Thanks: 1,090
Thanked 680 Times in 492 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

I would wait this out and see what bank says.
__________________
"Mark 11.24 Whatsoever ye desire, believe that ye have it, and it is yours"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 378
Thanks: 61
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeel780 View Post
your bank can refund that.
never call to paypal pls.
if your bank account is close then it should be auto refund from your bank to paypal.
in such case i have experince that bank is sending back funds to paypal.
but i m not sure about your credit history .
do u have any loan with same bank?
No I don't have a loan with them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 378
Thanks: 61
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Money sent to blocked bank account! Please help! :[

UPDATE**
I finally reached a representative that was sort of honest with me. Based on what she said and my experience with banks and Paypal, it seems like Citibank is trying to find a way to prove that there is fraud on the account so they can hold my funds permanently. She said the account is under review and it will take anywhere from 30-60 days to complete the review. They're still refusing to close the account or send back the funds to Paypal.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need assistance with EU blocked accounts with money transfrer booras Amazon 0 09-18-2017 09:16 AM
Paypal blocked - do i get my money ? pannagirl PayPal Talk 2 11-26-2016 11:52 AM
Amazon UK account is blocked after changing bank account ariasgoods Amazon 5 11-30-2015 01:25 PM
Christmas Gift - Getting Money back from a blocked account Amazombie Amazon 0 12-19-2011 12:34 AM
Create a stealth paypal to receive money and withdraw money to one bank account? Diorkid PayPal Talk 2 11-24-2011 04:46 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts