ALL PayPal Accounts Now REQUIRE "Claim Money" - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: ALL PayPal Accounts Now REQUIRE "Claim Money"

In terms of shipping, I personally use Teapplix and it's been great. I can upload all my eBay accounts and print shipping labels through their software. No need for prepaid gift cards, and they don't share info with eBay that links the accounts (been using for 3+ years with absolutely no problems). As for the eBay fees, sorry can't help there. But Teapplix software has sped up my operations considerably. All tracking is uploaded to the eBay server with 3-4 hours, tops.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmb8183 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (05-23-2019), Lost in the Supermarket (03-06-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2019

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

I use shipstation for shipping and it is great for eBay, as many accounts that you want to add.
Old 02-22-2019

Longevity: 30%

Does this mean I can't buy items with the money in paypal?
Old 02-22-2019

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

The only way to use the money in PayPal is to convert it to a business account, then you can choose to pay with the balance.
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I find it interesting yall are just having these problems now because ALL my accounts had it late summer and into the fall and again just after the 1st of the year.
That is great info to know. How did you handle it?
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
World is ****ed up because US PayPal - the most regulated country in the world requires SSN.
Most regulated country in the world?
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 31%

What about stealth accts with attached bank accts? Will PP required a verification process Everytime I do something? Does the stealth acct seller help me Everytime PP wants a verification? I'm going to travel To USA just to open a bank account. I don't want to spend that money just for nothing because of the " claim your money?
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 31%

Will PP require verify your info Everytime you do something? If so, how to stealth? Will the stealth account seller help you with this? I'm planning to go to USA just to open a bank acct. I don't want to spend that money for nothing because of the ' claim thing'.

Any recommendations?
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPH View Post
What about stealth accts with attached bank accts? Will PP required a verification process Everytime I do something? Does the stealth acct seller help me Everytime PP wants a verification? I'm going to travel To USA just to open a bank account. I don't want to spend that money just for nothing because of the " claim your money?
Try it and let the forum know - help build the knowledge base
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Try it and let the forum know - help build the knowledge base
The guy is telling you hes making a special trip to the US to open a bank account and youre asking him to try it out and report...? How very sensitive of you lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (03-05-2019)
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPH View Post
Having a bank account attached doesn't make the account immune to anything and certainly not to activity that paypal will consider suspicious.
All it does is make sure you can continue to operate with this new status quo of 'claim it' and the upcoming 'cash account' in place.
You still need to be careful about how you do things and how you operate the account.
Old 02-27-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Bank withdrawal is my preferred method of taking out my money, but not being able to pay my fees sounds like a real pain. I can't imagine buying enough gift cards to keep up with all my eBay fees.

So far, though, I have a decent amount of PayPal accounts with the "Claim it" feature that still allows me to pay my fees from my PayPal balance.

I wonder if this will change as time goes on, but for now I do not believe I have a single account with the "claim it" feature that does not let me pay my ebay fees.
It's really not that hard to pay eBay fees with a debit card. I use my LLC business account. It keeps a record of the card in eBay and you can do it with 1 click.
Old 02-28-2019

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Ok well, it seems as though it has been made official. All PayPal accounts, now even whether it is aged, set up a certain way, or no matter what will all currently have the "Claim Money" feature or it will be coming in just a short matter of time. I had one that had a pending PayPal balance of $900.00 that all of a sudden went to "Claim It" the other day.

My last PayPal account on a 6+ year aged PayPal and eBay account just moved over to "Claim It" today. Every payment, no matter what, everything seems to go into that "Claim it" hold.

Once your account gets this feature, you will not be able to use any PayPal balance to purchase shipping, or even pay eBay fees. Let alone you cannot ever spend the balance to buy anything on eBay.

When you go to checkout and print shipping on eBay and try and pay with Paypal it will say "Error processing Payment with your PayPal account" and will go no further. It will give you the same issue if you try to pay your eBay fees with PayPal.

The only luck I have had so far is this. If you go into PayPal after you have received payment for an item, you can click "Print Shipping Label" and you can pay for it via your pre-paid gift card.

You can also do the same with eBay fees, pay with a prepaid gift card.

This has become somewhat of a pain now because I am going to have to go purchase a Pre-Paid card and put $400+ on it to cover all the shipping charges and the eBay fees. EVERYTHING has to be done on it's own as well. You cannot use the automatic fee payment feature on eBay, you will have to go manually enter in the card number and pay the eBay fees. You will have to login to EVERY payment on PayPal and use your credit card to purchase shipping labels as well and upload tracking.

So far, this seems like the only way to deal with it. Another big pain in the ass means that you cannot use your PayPal balance to buy anything ever again. The most you will ever be able to do is transfer it to your bank account and that is that.

I will keep you updated as I try and find out more. If anyone has any suggestions to make it easier please post. Can eBay see the name on any of the credit cards? What if I used one of my own personal credit cards to pay the fees and shipping rather than messing with these pre-paid cards?
Is this only usa paypal? What about other countries paypal?
Old 02-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperry View Post
So far a few of mine say claim it but they let me pay for shipping labels. Lets pray it stays that way
Is your paypal account linked to your ebay account?are you able to pay fees with the account too?

I only have a few paypal with claim it feature, not all too. But idk why some gets it and some don't
Old 02-28-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
The only way to use the money in PayPal is to convert it to a business account, then you can choose to pay with the balance.
What info is required to convert it to business and do they check it for validity?
Old 02-28-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by migleezy View Post
What about european accounts? I've started creating accounts in europe because of this but now Im having trouble verifying them. every vcc I use instantly limits the account
Did you get the VCC from our marketplace though?
Old 03-03-2019

Longevity: 48%

My 12 year old paypal stealth business account isn't claim it yet but I'm unverified and will have to be after March 29.
-Since claim it accounts will have not be able to have a balance, what happens to your balance?
-What happens when someone wants a refund? Do you have to wait a month to claim all your payments so the money is still there if somone opens a claim and there is no balance there.
- I guess since you can't hold a balance, the account can never go negative which means you will get hit by the thing making you try to go negative...such as a refund getting kicked back to ebay as paypal not being able to process.
-My phone number is a landline under my real name for my stealth account. -How am I going to get around the call in bank account verification when they unattach my bank account account and make me re-verify via phone. I think I bought the first Stealth Book before any revisions where I was instructed to use a different phone number back then....and that was all it said.
-Right now the only hope I have is that a virtual credit card will work for refunds unless they take it out of my bank account...and that they don't unhook my bank account and make me re-verify. And I thought the last TOS update was bad.

Last edited by leenie; 03-03-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2019

I'm wondering if I can receive more than 200 transaction and 10k without verification now after all pp goes claim it?
Old 03-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

No. You cannot.
Theyre making things more strict - not easing them up.
Now you have both issues to deal with. The Claim it issue and the annual limit.
dealagreeproceed (05-23-2019)
Old 03-03-2019

Longevity: 48%

Is that for personal paypal accounts or business or both? The 200 transactions or $10,000 limit.
Old 03-04-2019
Executive [VIP]

Its actually 200/$20,000.
And it applies to personal accounts only. Once you reach that limit they require you to upgrade to a business account.
leenie (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie View Post
My 12 year old paypal stealth business account isn't claim it yet but I'm unverified and will have to be after March 29.
-Since claim it accounts will have not be able to have a balance, what happens to your balance?
-What happens when someone wants a refund? Do you have to wait a month to claim all your payments so the money is still there if somone opens a claim and there is no balance there.
- I guess since you can't hold a balance, the account can never go negative which means you will get hit by the thing making you try to go negative...such as a refund getting kicked back to ebay as paypal not being able to process.
-My phone number is a landline under my real name for my stealth account. -How am I going to get around the call in bank account verification when they unattach my bank account account and make me re-verify via phone. I think I bought the first Stealth Book before any revisions where I was instructed to use a different phone number back then....and that was all it said.
-Right now the only hope I have is that a virtual credit card will work for refunds unless they take it out of my bank account...and that they don't unhook my bank account and make me re-verify. And I thought the last TOS update was bad.
Where did you read that they will unattach your bank account?